GUILTY NJ - Brendan Tevlin, 19, shot to death, West Orange, 25 June 2014

Turtle Back Zoo is right by the intersection where the shooting happened. There was a ribbon-cutting on a new building at the zoo today.

"Sheriff Armando Fontoura praised the security at Turtle Back Zoo saying, 'This is the busiest location in the state of New Jersey. There is a zero percent crime rate: no vehicle break-ins or thefts. No purses stolen.' His mood turned somber as he mentioned the death of Brendan Tevlin of Livingston on June 25 at Walker Road and Northfield Avenue, a few blocks away from the zoo. 'This young man's death was not a random act,' said Fontoura. 'We are making good progress on the case. ...You don't have to look over your shoulder...this is the safest neighborhood in New Jersey.'"
http://thealternativepress.com/articles/gov-christie-makes-appearance-at-turtle-back-zoo

I wonder if this is relevant? This golf site calls Brendan a "Rock Spring Caddie Scholar."
https://www.njsga.org/caddie-scholarship-foundation/caddie-news/
Brendan would have driven past the Rock Spring Club right before he hit the intersection where he was shot.
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7684555,-74.2701595,16z?hl=en
I wonder how long ago Brendan had caddied there, if the club was still open at that hour, if there were any employees still there, and if he knew any of them?
T-Rex, I can't find any hours of operation for the club, but from info I gathered on websites for other country clubs, the latest hours appear to be 11:00 PM. Most close at 8:00 or 9:00 PM; some even earlier. If there's a special event like a tournament or wedding, they might stay open later. On one website, there was mention of key access to a weight room. So, Brendan may have had access to certain areas of the club as a member. I don't think he would have hung around the club that night, though, since he told his mother he was on his way home and he seemed reliable (when my sister says she'll be somewhere at a certain time, she normally takes twice as long or longer because she makes several stops along the way. lol). If he did make a brief stop there, maybe he noticed someone trying to break in. Maybe he recognized one or more of the perps, too; maybe they were also club members. There is a road off of Walker that leads to a couple of buildings (it looks like the clubhouse and pool area can only be accessed via Rock Spring Rd). One building looks like a place where equipment is stored (?). If the perps had been loading equipment onto a truck when Brendan drove back there, two could have jumped into the truck and chased Brendan. IMO, they knew Brendan would call LE and could ID them, so they killed him. Then, one drove Brendan's jeep to the Ron Jolyn apartments and the other gave him a ride back to the club in the truck. Just a thought.

I've also considered the possibility that Brendan gave a friend a ride to and from the Florence Place home. Maybe he was someone with addiction problems who Brendan was trying to help. There are some homes along Walker just before the Northfield intersection and also some condos off of Walker (on Barringer Ct) between the Rock Spring Club and Northfield. If his friend lived in one of the residences and Brendan dropped him off on Walker, he may have been immediately approached about drugs. If Brendan realized what was happening, he may have tried to discourage his friend from buying drugs and the dealers began shooting at him and Brendan couldn't get away in time. The friend (and the drug dealers if they lived in one of the residences) wouldn't have wanted Brendan's murder linked to that area, so one of them drove his vehicle to the Ron Jolyn apartments. JMO

Just trying to think of ways Brendan could have been targeted and reasons why his vehicle would have been driven a mile from the crime scene. *IMO, someone didn't want LE to make an association between the shooting and the area where Brendan was killed because the perps have a personal connection to that area.* That plan backfired because their was physical evidence of the shooting at the scene and witnesses who heard the gunshots. I can't see a scenario where the friend got into an argument with Brendan on the way home and then killed Brendan after he got out of the jeep, mainly because I think it would've been hard for the friend to conceal a gun the whole night until Brendan dropped him off. Otherwise, the friend could have driven the jeep to the Ron Jolyn complex and then walked back to his condo/house. But, I think at least 2 people were involved. MOO

That little service road is exactly what I was thinking of. Maybe that building is where the golf carts are parked? I was thinking he called someone he used to work with there--maybe someone who works in support staff, like maintenance, or kitchen, who would still be there late at night, after an event, and asked to buy some pot. He met the person there, and got followed and set up.

Next question, does the 7-11 have an ATM? Did Brendan use it? Did his friends? He was supposed to see them again at the same friend's house the next night.

Still no news, but fwiw, there is an ATM at the 7-Eleven.

I find it hard to belive that we haven't heard more from the friends he was with that night; or did I miss it?

I wonder if this is relevant? This golf site calls Brendan a "Rock Spring Caddie Scholar."
https://www.njsga.org/caddie-scholarship-foundation/caddie-news/
Brendan would have driven past the Rock Spring Club right before he hit the intersection where he was shot.
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7684555,-74.2701595,16z?hl=en
I wonder how long ago Brendan had caddied there, if the club was still open at that hour, if there were any employees still there, and if he knew any of them?

Is that the golf course across the street from the Delta station on Northfield? That is the area that the surveillance video was taken of the two kids who were running. They were crossing Northfield and running towards that golf course. Good place to hide.

One more article about the Lacrosse Festival.
http://www.msgvarsity.com/new-jerse...turned-his-idea-to-reality-1.1623214#comments
This one states, "He was chased down in his vehicle and shot multiple times while in the driver's seat. No arrests have yet been made."

I wonder why they think he was chased. Were there shell casings at various locations along Walker Rd.? So, it sounds like the shooter kept following Brendan after he was initially shot, suggesting the shooter wanted to make sure Brendan was dead. IDK, sounds like more than road rage. Wonder how far Brendan was chased, and if there is surveillance of the chase and shooting from other locations along Walker Rd. Sure wish there was some activity on this case.

4 suspects arrested in the slaying of 2 N.J. teens

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2014/08/bond_tevlin_arrests_shell.html

Three men, including a double-murder suspect from Seattle, were charged in the death of 19-year-old Brendan Tevlin, a Livingston resident who had just returned home from his first year of college at the University of Richmond in Virginia. Tevlin was found shot to death inside a SUV on June 25. Prosecutors said the suspects robbed Tevlin of several personal items.

Arrested in Tevlin's murder are Ali Muhammad Brown, 29, of Seattle, and Jeremy Villagran, 19, and Eric Williams, 18, both of West Orange. Villagran lived in the apartment complex where Tevlin's body was found, and Brown was linked to the crime when police learned that a gun used to kill Tevlin was also used in two murders in Seattle. Brown previously was charged in a June 29 attempted carjacking in Point Pleasant.

One of the suspects was arrested on July 9 for unlawful possession of a handgun and let out on $100 bail.

What do you think the chances are of the four suspects having long criminal records? I would guess 90% at least.

This has got to stop!

One of the suspects was arrested on July 9 for unlawful possession of a handgun and let out on $100 bail.

What do you think the chances are of the four suspects having long criminal records? I would guess 90% at least.

This has got to stop!
I think we are at 100 % with this one

I think it's three suspects--Ali Muhammad Brown, Jeremy Villagran, and Eric Williams. The fourth person mentioned @ the press conference killed Cheyanne Bond, a cheerleader in Newark, around the same time, in an unrelated crime.
"Began as a robbery"...
"Three men, including a double-murder suspect from Seattle, were charged...Prosecutors said the suspects robbed Tevlin of several personal items..." "Tevlin was in his grandfather's car heading home...when a car carrying three men pulled up alongside him at a traffic light.West Orange resident Eric Williams, 18, stayed behind the wheel while Villagran and Brown — already wanted for the shooting death of two gay men in Seattle on June 1 — hopped out and surrounded Tevlin's Jeep Liberty, according to authorities.
"He was, at this time, a simple victim of an intent to rob," Murray said.
One of the men had a brief conversation with Tevlin before Brown, who was standing on the vehicle's passenger side, allegedly fired 10 bullets, eight of which struck Tevlin.
Williams and Villagran then fled the scene, while Brown got inside Tevlin's vehicle, moved his body into the passenger seat, and drove to an apartment complex at 275 Northfield Avenue, where Villagran lives, Murray said."
"Brown was taken into custody on July 18 after he was found living in a makeshift tent....Police recovered a gun ...which had previously been linked to both Tevlin's death and the Seattle murders....He was also wanted in a June 29 carjacking in Point Pleasant...Villagran is also facing aggravated assault charges for a separate shooting in Newark, and has been in the Essex County Jail since July 9...while Eric Williams was arrested this morning."

So the two productive, thriving, young adults with so much promise are taken too soon. And we as taxpayers are left to support these murderers for decades to come.

Prayers for the families of the victims.

Article July 14 mentioning police were seeking Brown, without linking him to Brendan's murder.

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2...r_may_be_in_essex_county_authorities_say.html
"Ali Muhammad Brown has been on the run since June 1, when he allegedly gunned down 27-year-old Ahmed Said and 23-year-old Dwone Anderson-Young in Seattle...Both..are gay, and the murders are being investigated as “malicious harassment” cases. Brown has...been linked to an incident in Point Pleasant on June 29, in which he allegedly pointed a handgun at a Washington D.C. man before making off with his keys and wallet...originally from the East Orange area, is also wanted on a separate warrant for failing to register as a sex offender."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back