NJ NJ - Brielle, WhtFem 18-30, UP2274, hit by train, blue rosary, clothes, scars, Jun'08

I'm so very sorry @karolina123. It must be so hard to live with missing your mother and don't getting any news although you are trying so hard to find her, obviously.

Can you tell me when she went missing...and where, on the new link to the Polish missing persons site I posted, it's confusing.I'm totally not sure how the exchange of information is between Poland and the USA. I can only understand Polish by using a translator like Google translate...I noticed when I did that it says "complete dentition". What does that mean. Did she had false theeth when she got missing or just the opposite, were her own teeth all there/she had no dental work done to it. Do you know that?
@Triss can you help us out?
can I sent you private message?

I'm so very sorry @karolina123. It must be so hard to live with missing your mother and don't getting any news although you are trying so hard to find her, obviously.

Can you tell me when she went missing...and where, on the new link to the Polish missing persons site I posted, it's confusing. Is there any reason to think she went to the USA? If not there is no immediate reason to think this unidentified person could be your mother. If you have doubts about that; I'm totally not sure how the exchange of information is between Poland and the USA. I can only understand Polish by using a translator like Google translate...I noticed when I did that it says "complete dentition". What does that mean. Did she had false theeth when she got missing or just the opposite, were her own teeth all there/she had no dental work done to it. Do you know that?
@Triss can you help us out?
Of course! I'm always happy to help :) Beata's missing person case says that all of the teeth were her own. No dentures. No dental work mentioned (but then again, there isn't a lot of information mentioned there, not very helpful). It also mentions the town of Wejherowo as her last known place of residence in Poland. Not very helpful since she apparently went missing in the US.
Karolina, I'm very sorry your mum is missing. I hope you get some answers soon. Does your mum have a thread here? If not, it would be a good idea to start one. If you need help with talking to the Gdańsk police, I'm willing to help, I'm in Poland too. I'm also here for you if you need to talk.

Of course! I'm always happy to help :) Beata's missing person case says that all of the teeth were her own. No dentures. No dental work mentioned (but then again, there isn't a lot of information mentioned there, not very helpful). It also mentions the town of Wejherowo as her last known place of residence in Poland. Not very helpful since she apparently went missing in the US.
Karolina, I'm very sorry your mum is missing. I hope you get some answers soon. Does your mum have a thread here? If not, it would be a good idea to start one. If you need help with talking to the Gdańsk police, I'm willing to help, I'm in Poland too. I'm also here for you if you need to talk.

Amazing! Love you for it @Triss So happy we can help each other....that is where the international community and all the people connecting for the good course is all about.

:-( Today a friend of mine committed suicide by train...then I come to WS and this is in my notifications, it truly is a strange old world isn’t it...

I'm extremely sorry.

It is a strange world. I came to know about this case because it happened to not be so far from my sister's place. These strange little webs.

One thing I will mention is that this woman had some clippings from "The Islander" in her possession dated 2 days earlier. I don't know the exact nature of the clippings. I'm hoping the NJT report can offer some clarification.

However, it seems The Islander is no longer being printed, but, if I have found the correct one, it is affiliated with Long Beach Island, approximately 40 miles to the south. I've reached out to Asbury Park Press once or twice to see if they can tell me a bit more about the paper's circulation, which might be able to tell us a bit more about where this woman had been in the days prior to the incident.

Scars on the backs of the hands have had me wondering if she had done kitchen work previously and maybe was heading home after a weekend of work at a place on LBI. It would explain some things, but not others. But this is entirely speculation and I hate to do that.

:-( Today a friend of mine committed suicide by train...then I come to WS and this is in my notifications, it truly is a strange old world isn’t it...

I'm so sorry @Sprockett7701. Lost my nephew to suicide this time last year. So I understand the pain and confusion that follows.

@Triss you are from Poland? How come I never knew!
I am indeed! :D
And as for this Jane Doe, well, she does look Slavic to me. My best guess would be East Slavic (Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusian or some minority in those countries) and my guess is based on her PM photo and her belongings. That rosary necklace and a bracelet with religious icons on it just sound like something East Slavs would wear, especially several years ago IMHO.

I am indeed! :D
And as for this Jane Doe, well, she does look Slavic to me. My best guess would be East Slavic (Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusian or some minority in those countries) and my guess is based on her PM photo and her belongings. That rosary necklace and a bracelet with religious icons on it just sound like something East Slavs would wear, especially several years ago IMHO.

I do think it is plausible given the possessions and sketch. Are there any other websites for missing Polish nationals? I haven't found a match on the website for the Polish Police.

I'll just say that I'd be very wary of determining anything based on the PM photo other than that she was fair-skinned and possibly dyed her hair. Based on the injuries described, the head was essentially the main point of contact and resulted in significantly distorted facial features based on injuries inflicted to the skull.

To date, I've checked the national websites for the following:

Poland
Czech Republic
Doe Network
Interpol
Croatia (very unclear data)
Romania
Hungary
Slovenia
Canada
Ireland

The Ukrainian, Belarusian, and Russian websites for missing persons have been very difficult to locate.

In addition, this Jane Doe's death occurred during the beginning of the Manasquan suicide cluster that began in April 2008.

There are about 1,030 students at Manasquan High School, which serves students from Avon, Brielle, Belmar, Spring Lake, Spring Lake Heights, and Sea Girt, New Jersey. Between April 2008 and 2011, this suicide cluster, known as the Manasquan Suicide Cluster, claimed the lives of 9 teens and young adults. Six were deaths by commuter train. It's generally believed the students were influenced by the prior deaths. The train deaths occurred between Sea Girt and Belmar. Seven of these nine had connections to Manasquan High School.
The first was a student named Tim in April 2008. On June 15, this Jane Doe was killed, though she has never been included in the cluster. Five days later, on June 20, 2008, another student committed suicide by train the day of graduation. I have wondered if this Jane Doe was somehow related to this cluster. The area maps could have been used to locate train tracks.

Poland: there's Facebook page "Zaginieni przed laty", they also have a website. Zaginieni.pl is, in my humble opinion, very poorly managed site. It even seems like they don't remove profiles of people who were found alive or dead.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974
Back