NJ NJ - Depford, WhtFem 16-20, UP1489, in woods, pearl necklace, sweatpants, Feb'90

i use to live a few miles from where this poor girl was found. i also worked near there right around when she was found. but i'm sorry to say i don't remember any details or anything about them finding her.

i hope they find who she is after all these years.

Hi,
I found this forum while working on a story about the female remains that were found in Deptford 20 years ago. I'm a reporter with the Courier-Post in Cherry Hill NJ and am profiling this case in the paper this week. I'm posting this message in hopes of eliciting a response from anyone who lives near where the remains were found and can talk with me about their thoughts on the case and the fact the woman was never identified.

Thanks,
George Mast
Courier-Post
(856) 486-2465

George; did you get my email?

So now we know where she was found--the cornfield where the Lowe's/Chic-Fil-A now is. I drove by there just yesterday during a visit home and noticed just how much forest/swamp still remains in this area despite how developed it is. It is also RIGHT next to Route 55 which I think was either still under construction, or had been recently completed, in 1989.

We have also learned the pantyhose, stockings, and sweatpants were not just found WITH the victim--they were used to strangle her. The pantyhose and stockings stuffed inside the sweatpants is curious I agree--I don't know if it leads to a circulation problem in one of her legs though. Were the sweatpants hers, or were they men's size? Assuming they were hers, it's possible she was wearing them when she was attacked (although when I'm wearing 14 carat gold earrings and a pearl necklace I usually try to dress in something a little nicer than sweatpants), or possibly she had an extra set of clothes with her, and they were the first thing the attacker grabbed to strangle her.

Being strangled with a ligature such as sweatpants raises the question also whether we are looking at a male or female attacker. I think if she were strangled with hands it would be safe to assume we were looking for a male, but sweatpants are very strong and gender-neutral and I think it's possible a female could have killed this poor girl.

I sincerely hope somebody reads this article and recognizes this girl's facial reconstruction. Dead teenage girls don't just appear--they go missing from somewhere.

It's not that far from the pike; possible she was going towards Atlantic City; but what doesn't make sense is what young girl wears pearls? I don't remember them being in style back then; especially for someone her age. The other possibility is she was going to Philly with someone.

Estimated age: 16 - 20 years old
Approximate date of death is January 1989.

Roselvr, don't know if it's any help but me and my friends were obsessed with pearls in the 80's in England - Princess Di helped give them a real fashion push. I remember because I had a real disaster with an antique string of them that broke.

I don't know quite how to put this but, some of the reconstructions of this Jane Doe, including one featured in the article.........it bears more than a passing resemblance to other reconstructions made by the same person, imo.

CarlK could give a much better opinion than me, but, again imo, those first reconstructions.......they seem disturbingly similar to other reconstructions made by the same person. And all those reconstructions look slightly less than human, imo.

I'd better shut up now.

Roselvr, don't know if it's any help but me and my friends were obsessed with pearls in the 80's in England - Princess Di helped give them a real fashion push. I remember because I had a real disaster with an antique string of them that broke.

I don't remember them making a come back in the US; especially for her age group. I could be wrong... IIRC from the articles; the jewelry was not near the body; so how positive can we be that they even belonged to her?

I don't know quite how to put this but, some of the reconstructions of this Jane Doe, including one featured in the article.........it bears more than a passing resemblance to other reconstructions made by the same person, imo.

CarlK could give a much better opinion than me, but, again imo, those first reconstructions.......they seem disturbingly similar to other reconstructions made by the same person. And all those reconstructions look slightly less than human, imo.

I'd better shut up now.

I noticed that too. Someone from NamUs posted the article on their FB wall; mentioned they know DF. I'm debating going back to the post & asking if any of her cases have been solved so that I can look at the recon to make an opinion.

Roselvr, don't know if it's any help but me and my friends were obsessed with pearls in the 80's in England - Princess Di helped give them a real fashion push.

There was a lot of layering of costume necklaces in the mid eighties, especially strings of pearls. Madonna was a big style influence that way. It wouldn't be terribly surprising for a 16 year old to own and wear a strand of them. If she was wearing them with odd earrings and sweat pants and pantyhose I'm guessing she either had very little jewellery and liked to wear it all (homeless maybe?) or she was trying for a little bit of that quirky look from the movie Desperately Seeking Susan.

There was a lot of layering of costume necklaces in the mid eighties, especially strings of pearls. Madonna was a big style influence that way. It wouldn't be terribly surprising for a 16 year old to own and wear a strand of them. If she was wearing them with odd earrings and sweat pants and pantyhose I'm guessing she either had very little jewellery and liked to wear it all (homeless maybe?) or she was trying for a little bit of that quirky look from the movie Desperately Seeking Susan.

Were they still wearing them in 1990?
I was not in South Jersey then; pearls weren't popular in North Jersey

Were they still wearing them in 1990?
I was not in South Jersey then; pearls weren't popular in North Jersey

She was skeletal remains by Feb 1990. And on Namus her estimated post mortem interval is years.

She was skeletal remains by Feb 1990. And on Namus her estimated post mortem interval is years.

No clue how I forgot that. I still don't remember pearls in the 80's in North Jersey lol

Chunky earrings but not pearls or beads

I don't remember them making a come back in the US; especially for her age group. I could be wrong... IIRC from the articles; the jewelry was not near the body; so how positive can we be that they even belonged to her?

I noticed that too. Someone from NamUs posted the article on their FB wall; mentioned they know DF. I'm debating going back to the post & asking if any of her cases have been solved so that I can look at the recon to make an opinion.

The article mentions a couple of solved cases. A small child and an adult, transient man. The reconstruction in this case though, looks not younger than a middle-aged woman to me. Maybe those pearls had an undue influence.

Now I know. Because a deviated septum could be from a previous injury.

But then would reports have said a damaged, rather than deviated septum? I don't have enough experience to know how these reports are usually written.

I think the deviated septum and crooked philtrum are related. they are fairly common with children born with cleft palates.

The most recent reconstruction certainly gives that impression. What a shame it seems to be impossible to know for certain if a cleft palate repair would be listed in a missing person's report or not. Lip scars are often so undiscernible now, that may not have been listed either. Having said that, I don't think surgical techniques would have been so advanced in the late 80s, early 90s?

It says on Namus no dentals are available for Aundria.

Oh, and it couldn't have been fingerprint comparisons for this case, so I'm guessing it musthave been DNA?

More details about solved cases in this article here. Impeccable credentials.
http://cliffviewpilot.com/njsp-forensic-scientists-work-could-help-solve-unidentified-mans-murder/

Such an odd case this. Lots of little conflicts; pearls and scruffy sweatpants, disparate reconstructions, hose and odd socks inside the pants used to strangle the victim. So scratchy to wear, I would have thought.

I am thinking domestic violence in this case. I'm not certain why though.

Yeah, it makes me think the same thing, and I couldn't say why.

It says on Namus no dentals are available for Aundria.
Oh, and it couldn't have been fingerprint comparisons for this case, so I'm guessing it musthave been DNA?

I emailed Aundria's detective yesterday to get clarification. I believe there are partial dentals. There is also DNA.
I will try to ask her biomom again today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back