AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

24 people and not one saw his hair color but some saw his acne??? Did he even have hair? His face must have been in bad shape if people noticed that but none could say his hair color. 24 people and none could be bothered to give this info the first time they were asked?? Really!?? Again, that none of this info came out right when it happened doesn’t lend itself to credibility.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019

2. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, that map was very helpful. I see I made a mistake in my previous post, the white areas are the secluded areas and the black lines are the potential escape routes. Imo

3. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

Someone please bring forward a case where reward money brought someone home. I honestly cannot think of one.

And please msm link the 24 witnesses. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2019
    Subiechik21, MsArk, katydid23 and 8 others like this.
  4. SuperTmo

Thanks for that. I wonder how far away she lives from school and where each are in relation to the park. Seems like enough time to run home and change out of school clothes and head to the park after dismissal. I need to go check that map someone so helpfully posted!

Subiechik21, AnnaGrace, dotr and 2 others like this.
  5. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

According to School district handbook, all elementary schools follow this bell schedule:
    Grades K-4. 8:45 am - 3:30 pm

Breakfast 8:15/8:30 am

janewall, Subiechik21, dotr and 6 others like this.
  6. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

Thank you! It must be the high school that lets out earlier.

Subiechik21 and dotr like this.
  7. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Also remember that busing is provided. The 8 year old relative would most likely be in grade 3 and possibly attend the same school. If Mom picked them all up, then they needed time to go home and change out of their uniforms. If bus brought them home, then they would change and go to the store and park fairly quickly.

8. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Well-Known Member

9. otto

otto Verified Expert

Rewards are always questionable. First, they waste a lot of valuable investigative resources following up on bad tips. Secondly, wasn't it the Casey Anthony case where the man who discovered the body was denied the reward because he reported the information to police rather than the reward people?

Subiechik21, dotr, cass523 and 4 others like this.
  10. QUEENLL77

QUEENLL77 Active Member

True..no pedophile is an ex pedophile. My mistake in wording. The man I was speaking of had committed a crime 25 years prior, but that doesn't mean that he would never offend again. Once it is in them, it always is. It is up to them to control it. That's why I would get a really bad feeling when this overly outgoing man who seemed to know everyone (and they loved him) would ask about me and my children, although I never spoke to him directly myself. That played a big part in me not allowing my kids out of my sight. You have to watch out for the Mr. Nice Guy!

11. otto

otto Verified Expert

We know where the school is in relation to the park. The children could have changed into play clothes at school.

12. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yeah, no hair color, eye color, and no approximate weight but they did say he has a thin build.
    Maybe they got mixed answers as to the hair color, but if he's Hispanic I'm assuming his hair and eye color would be brown. There had to be some reason to describe him as possibly Hispanic. (light skinned)
    It doesn't really surprise me though, since witnesses physical descriptions tend to be unreliable.
    Also, any one of the witnesses could also be potential suspects. Imo

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  13. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

High schools usually do, because of sports. My district (former teacher in and now I sub in the high school) dismisses 1:56 high school, 3:35 elementary school. It's the reverse of what is best for students as far as waking up early vs later...but sports that practice and play right after school in the high school have always determined this schedule.

Subiechik21, dotr, cass523 and 2 others like this.
  14. otto

otto Verified Expert

We know where the school is in relation to the park. The children could have changed into play clothes at school.

upload_2019-9-22_12-5-33.png

Subiechik21, dotr and momrids6 like this.
  15. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

This is what I remembered reading. I assumed the 3 year old ran running to the Mom crying because someone threw his ice cream. I would think at that time the mom would ask where is Dulce and he pointed at the buildings? That is what I was thinking. MOO.

16. Raptors001

Raptors001 Well-Known Member

If he has a car, then he got $ , or maybe needed $

Subiechik21 and dotr like this.
  17. SuperTmo

How far is their house from the school roughly?

Edit: sorry, your map didnt show up when I saw your post. So no need to answer this, since I missed it lol.

If they rode the bus there is no time to change at school before the bus leaves. If they rode the bus home that seems to really tighten up the time it would take to get home, change, and get to the gas station when they did. Bussing makes the trip take longer unless they are one of the first few houses. I assume they either weren’t in school that day or the mom picked them all up, ran home, and then went out.

This is so dang sad. All they wanted was a fun afternoon outing. This is so awful. :(

jash, Subiechik21, AnnaGrace and 9 others like this.
  18. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Upthread a local posted that the park (huge at 1100 acres) has dead end streets in remote parts so in theory the perp could have driven to one of these areas. Sadly, Dulce could be just about anywhere. I think LE is re-examining the abduction point and surrounding areas mainly to get a fresh perspective and to double check that evidence hadn't been overlooked earlier.

IOW there's not a whole lot to go on at the moment and LE is saying they are looking at everything. There's a rough timeline of the searches here:
    $35,000 Reward: Search For Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Enters Sixth Day In Bridgeton, New Jersey

19. sillybilly

sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Dulce's bio dad has not been named by LE as a POI or suspect in this case. As a family member, he is considered a victim and sleuthing him is not allowed. Posts that are not victim friendly will be removed.

20. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

Those tinted windows surely obscured anyone's view of her. He had her get in the backseat. That statement implies that for whatever reason she wasn't putting up a fight and he wasn't expecting one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.