AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollye

Reaction score
***She has NOT been located yet. There is misinformation saying she was. When she is found, The Bridgeton Police Department will update****

Thank you all for your continued support.

UPDATED PHOTO OF MISSING JUVENILE FROM BRIDGETON CITY DULCE MARIA ALAVEZ 5 YEAR OLD HISPANIC FEMALE LAST SEEN IN CITY PARK AREA

MISSING JUVENILE
5 YEAR OLD FEMALE GOES BY DULCE MARIA ALAVEZ LAST SEEN WEARING BROWN PANTS WITH FLOWERS AND BUTTERFLIES, PINK COLORED SHIRT WITH LONG SLEEVES AND WHITE DRESS SHOES. LAST SEEN IN BRIDGETON PARK AREA. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT 856 451-0033 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Media, Maps, Timeline thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1

Attachments

• 26DCE18D-599C-4436-B0E6-3D30CFE787BB.jpeg
    26DCE18D-599C-4436-B0E6-3D30CFE787BB.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:
LE has the following pic. Is it from today? The shirt in the pic looks yellow and is short sleeves where what she was reported missing in is a pink, long sleeve shirt.

70826185_2370482989671743_7703415258630586368_n.jpg

I would like to see the view from someone standing on the basketball court looking towards the playground and the parking lot. I wonder if someone was playing basketball saw the kids, saw mom and the car and realized the opportunity. Mom cannot see the playground from the parking lot. Not judging. I just do not think she would know if someone left the basketball court to go to the playground. Did the kids cut through the basketball court or walk around? How many cars were in the parking lot?

Edit-spelling

I don’t have a photo from the perspective you mention. However, in being very familiar with that park, I can tell you this. The courts back right up to the playground, the courts are fenced in. Even though mom was sitting in a car, some ways away, there was still a view from her car to the playground. Perhaps not completely unobstructed, but enough that she probably felt comfortable enough.

I think, if this is a stranger abduction, it is easy enough for someone to have been parked behind the storage buildings that the 3yr old mentioned/pointed out. It is a secluded area. It has some old tennis courts, that appear unkept and caged storage areas, like platforms that are used to store park equipment, containers, lights, etc. this area is not as populated as the other areas of the park.

It would be quite easy for someone parked here to have a pretty decent view of the children playing on the playground, from between the two buildings and easier still to walk between these buildings, unnoticed and approach a child, or call them over, etc. Even lure them further over to behind the buildings where a child could be put into a car and driven away without getting much attention. It’s a busy park, especially that time of day, but busy doesn’t necessarily mean everyone is paying attention, but rather chaotic busy where things may not be noticed with the noise levels of nearby practicing football teams, cheerleader practice, kids screaming on a playground and the sounds of basketball.

I’m posting a few maps of the area to put it in perspective.

Key:
Blue is where mom parked
Yellow is swingset
Green is basketball courts
Red is storage buildings
White is secluded area behind storage buildings
Black is paths out/roads

Forgive the roughness, I did these hastily.

Also, from aerial view, areas seem further away than if you were standing there. See maps with distances measured.

I may go out there later as they are having a candlelight vigil, maybe grab pics, if I get there early enough.

Attachments

• 9F9525F9-B4AE-4145-9C7E-92CE2CA383C9.jpeg
    9F9525F9-B4AE-4145-9C7E-92CE2CA383C9.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 305
  • 1DBF7C2C-E28C-4107-8930-445FAA7ECB23.jpeg
    1DBF7C2C-E28C-4107-8930-445FAA7ECB23.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 284
  • 4F8020B9-622F-48C0-BAB8-37E51731D121.jpeg
    4F8020B9-622F-48C0-BAB8-37E51731D121.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 2773B06A-8B60-4DC6-8CCA-7C9D314326B1.jpeg
    2773B06A-8B60-4DC6-8CCA-7C9D314326B1.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 251
  • 62213747-17E3-4601-B25F-ADEC671A3F4F.jpeg
    62213747-17E3-4601-B25F-ADEC671A3F4F.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 2A70E83F-3226-4BA1-AEC0-4067023980B6.jpeg
    2A70E83F-3226-4BA1-AEC0-4067023980B6.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 267
  • DAD7CFF8-A826-41A5-91DA-13817F65D609.jpeg
    DAD7CFF8-A826-41A5-91DA-13817F65D609.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 247
  • E80F3765-4FD3-407F-89A0-D4AF2E5B465E.jpeg
    E80F3765-4FD3-407F-89A0-D4AF2E5B465E.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 236
  • 3C4E2821-0E06-4494-9130-32081259764D.jpeg
    3C4E2821-0E06-4494-9130-32081259764D.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Hello Websleuths, I'm a long time lurker and I registered because I live in an adjacent township to Bridgeton (Pittsgrove), was born in Bridgeton and have lived around Bridgeton most of my life. I am very familiar with the area, and I'm a mom of two young girls.

Everyone here is beside themselves. We started out looking for a lost child, then almost two days later we are looking for a red van. We don't even know if the van had NJ plates. This is a big clue, because undocumented immigrants in our area tend to drive vehicles with PA plates for whatever reason - Bridgeton is literally full of PA license plates on cars driven by undocumented workers. A local would simply never drive a car with PA plates. The search would pivot, depending on the license plate state. A Spanish-speaking undocumented worker is a lot less likely to venture down one of those long, wooded, dead end roads mentioned above, for example, for fear of game wardens/looking suspicious/hunters. A local redneck would be much more comfortable there.

That's what upsets me - there truly appear to be no leads, suspect description notwithstanding. It's as if LE is just as perplexed as we are.

Most of what is stated in this thread about the local area is true ... I would add that we're talking about a small city surrounded by agriculture and then, beyond that, wilderness. Mexican and South American immigrants are solidly employed in agriculture and food processing ... there are many, many food factories and food distribution operations in and around Bridgeton.

There are two other small cities in Cumberland County that also follow the same pattern (small city with industry and services/agriculture/wilderness and water) and roughly the same demographics, although Bridgeton (the county seat) seems to have more of a Mexican community.

My overall impression from what I'm seeing from local authorities (I'm used to the same local authorities) ... they don't have anything solid, and their suspicions are all over the place. It's discouraging.

I wish this would be a bigger story nationwide. Dulce could be anywhere. Thanks to all of you for staying on it.

Bringing map over from thread #1

Google Maps

For perspective, basketball court in lower area viewing from the playground has a wide open view. I believe Mom parked in lot to the left of the court and not in the parking area behind it. There's the statement she could see the kids on the swings and was about 30 yards away (linked before). Burt St is to the right and leads up to and behind the buildings that I presume is where her brother pointed out Dulce disappeared behind. They are to the right as well in this image. Van could have been parked behind these buildings and driven out (again as reported) on Burt St to exit the area, past Bridgeton Hall of Fame, etc. You can get to town this way and then anywhere from there.

Hello Websleuths, I'm a long time lurker and I registered because I live in an adjacent township to Bridgeton (Pittsgrove), was born in Bridgeton and have lived around Bridgeton most of my life. I am very familiar with the area, and I'm a mom of two young girls.

Everyone here is beside themselves. We started out looking for a lost child, then almost two days later we are looking for a red van. We don't even know if the van had NJ plates. This is a big clue, because undocumented immigrants in our area tend to drive vehicles with PA plates for whatever reason - Bridgeton is literally full of PA license plates on cars driven by undocumented workers. A local would simply never drive a car with PA plates. The search would pivot, depending on the license plate state. A Spanish-speaking undocumented worker is a lot less likely to venture down one of those long, wooded, dead end roads mentioned above, for example, for fear of game wardens/looking suspicious/hunters. A local redneck would be much more comfortable there.

That's what upsets me - there truly appear to be no leads, suspect description notwithstanding. It's as if LE is just as perplexed as we are.

Most of what is stated in this thread about the local area is true ... I would add that we're talking about a small city surrounded by agriculture and then, beyond that, wilderness. Mexican and South American immigrants are solidly employed in agriculture and food processing ... there are many, many food factories and food distribution operations in and around Bridgeton.

There are two other small cities in Cumberland County that also follow the same pattern (small city with industry and services/agriculture/wilderness and water) and roughly the same demographics, although Bridgeton (the county seat) seems to have more of a Mexican community.

My overall impression from what I'm seeing from local authorities (I'm used to the same local authorities) ... they don't have anything solid, and their suspicions are all over the place. It's discouraging.

I wish this would be a bigger story nationwide. Dulce could be anywhere. Thanks to all of you for staying on it.
Welcome to the community, always good to have local input.

Welcome & great post! Interesting bit about the undocumented workers often having PA plates- I hope LE is looking at that!

Very few 3-year-olds would have the capacity to give a solid witness statement. There has been no evidence to suggest that this particular child is any different than the rest.

With specially trained officers they could well elicit some more detail, much in the same way as conducted in child abuse cases. But of course that is not a quick process, and I don't know whether the police have those kind of resources to hand.

I believe Mom parked in lot to the left of the court and not in the parking area behind it...Van could have been parked behind these buildings and driven out (again as reported) on Burt St to exit the area, past Bridgeton Hall of Fame, etc. You can get to town this way and then anywhere from there.

This was the conclusion I came to as well. Except that I believe there is a high likelihood the person stayed in the park at least temporarily or lived adjacent to the park (or possibly has a property with lots of land to hide evidence). The park provided ample hiding space both for doing something awful and hiding evidence.

With specially trained officers they could well elicit some more detail, much in the same way as conducted in child abuse cases. But of course that is not a quick process, and I don't know whether the police have those kind of resources to hand.

The FBI and state most certainly do. But again, a 3-year-old is not a reliable witness at all. They barely know the difference between reality and fantasy at that age. Even adult eye witnesses are unreliable. Unfortunately, anything the 3-year-old says will be considered terribly unreliable. I'm sure they've considered anything and everything he's had to say and have pursued his statements as far as they can. They may have even gotten the witness account of the van and man with red pants from him and blamed it on others. Who knows? That's certainly the sort of thing a 3-year-old would say. They may have attempted to create a sketch of the perpetrator from his account and that's how they got the description of acne. There is so much that law enforcement will hold back in order to conduct a proper investigation and the witnesses.

“We do not have any strong suspects at this time and we’re doing a lot of interviews,” the police chief said.

Does this suggest they have someone in mind but maybe not enough "strong" evidence?

Bringing map over from thread #1

Google Maps

For perspective, basketball court in lower area viewing from the playground has a wide open view. I believe Mom parked in lot to the left of the court and not in the parking area behind it. There's the statement she could see the kids on the swings and was about 30 yards away (linked before). Burt St is to the right and leads up to and behind the buildings that I presume is where her brother pointed out Dulce disappeared behind. They are to the right as well in this image. Van could have been parked behind these buildings and driven out (again as reported) on Burt St to exit the area, past Bridgeton Hall of Fame, etc. You can get to town this way and then anywhere from there.

If you go west either on Scholastic or Richie Kates Sr Way (Formerly Burt Street) you go by about 3 or 4 buildings that you would think have surveillance cameras. The high school, elementary school, Bridgeton HOF, along with multiple business on West Avenue, North and South. I posted previously the most likely exit is going East on Scholastic towards Mayor Aitken Drive and the zoo area. This means whoever they're looking for was probably north of the basketball courts, which is why we have a description from people in that area and why there's no surveillance footage.? Jmo

I just had a thought. Instead of a RED van, could it have been a BREAD van? i.e. a delivery vehicle to a nearby store? I'm not familiar with the park or local, but she was in a convenience store selecting or looking at ice cream, right? Has that been clarified her vs the reports of the ice cream stand?

I'm wondering if a delivery person spotted her. Any uniforms with red pants? It could explain the focus on off bright colors too.

maybe way out of the box, but it occurred to me if many people are not native speakers, are stressed out, upsst, details could be confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla