AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

ADMIN WARNING:

How a child may have been conceived X years ago has zero relevance to the fact they are now missing. Try to solve Dulce's disappearance rather than trying to dig up dirt on family members.

The next person to mention the possibility of rape will receive a permanent thread reply ban.

ETA: And stop, just STOP the victim shaming of mom and the rest of the family. That is not what WS is about. Wait for the facts to come out instead of negative speculation and bashing family members who are already traumatized over the loss of Dulce.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    kimpage, Looloo, Kittybunny and 41 others like this.

2. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

3. Rhenish

Rhenish Well-Known Member

Wow, just caught up after reading about 50 pages of posts.
    I am sorry this little girl is still missing. I would love to believe the Father may be involved but that idea is so speculative and vague at the moment that I do not really believe it. Wish there was more to substantiate such. So, I am still thinking this is stranger abduction which is not a good thought. Prayers for this little 5-year-old girl.

4. TristanP

TristanP Well-Known Member

Th
    The statistics say stranger abductions usually lead to the child being dead within 3 hours, which is one of the reasons I think the Amber Alert is essentially useless in those situations, because it’s exceptionally rare that they issue one in less than three hours.

5. book-thinker

book-thinker Well-Known Member

Ok, I’m confused! Earlier posts indicated the red van reported by LE was cleared in Dulce’s disappearance. So much information or lack of information provided.
    Is LE still actively searching, besides the little brother any other witnesses.

6. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

True, but that’s not always the case.

Remember that case in Texas when that 8 year-old girl was snatched from her mother and pulled into a car?

That Amber Alert sparked a tremendous community response that led to the suspect’s vehicle being spotted at a hotel.

Law enforcement moved in, and the girl was saved.

8-year-old girl found at hotel after kidnapping in Fort Worth, police say

7. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I don't think the majority of people think she couldn't have been involved because her nine year old sister was with her.

This is the first time I've seen it mentioned.

The only family member who actually observed the crime was the three year old.
    The other accounts were from witnesses in the area.

LE has never said they suspected the mother, or any other family member to be involved.

IMO

8. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

It might be useless, most of the time, but occasionally someone kidnaps a child to keep them for awhile or to raise them.

Also, even if the worst outcome happens, and the child is deceased already, it is still an urgent situation to find and stop the killer from continuing their crimes.

So it is good to get the description of the car and the kidnapper out there as fast as possible. JMO

9. Han

Han Well-Known Member

As far as thinking they had spotted the car that took Dulce, if the video is continuous the car used in the crime should appear either before or after the SUV. That is as long as they left by car and didn’t walk out.

10. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

Let me see if I can clarify and attract the attention of scrollers so they can confirm I'm correct.

The red VAN described in the Amber Alert,
    (tinted windows, sliding door and man with orange shoes, red pants and black shirt)
    has
    NOT
    been
    cleared.

This description is all STILL part of the Active Amber Alert:

Have you seen this child? Dulce Alavez

The red SUV
    seen on surveillance video across the street from the park driving into the park and then out of the park... at about 4:20pm that day and shown on the news?

THAT vehicle
    HAS
    BEEN
    CLEARED.

I couldn't either. However, I know Moms who are better "part time" Moms than full time Moms. If that works for them, that's fine by me. Perhaps once this young lady grows up a bit more she will feel differently. However, right now I'm just glad that her kids aren't being moved around from boyfriend to boyfriend you know?

I am inclined to agree with you. I think it was ill advised to comment at all and probably tactless. However, I think she might have been trying to defend or explain the mother and just failed badly at it. I didn't get the impression she was blaming the mom perhaps just trying to shed some light on the cultural differences. Just a bit too abrasive to do that.

Kittybunny, adot0902, EmDee and 15 others like this.
  11. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

12. MirandaPriestly

MirandaPriestly Active Member

What usually prompts someone missing to go on the FBI’s 10 most wanted missing list versus just “missing”?

13. Trackergd

Trackergd SAR Search Manager and Footprint Tracker

Ding, ding, ding! Brooks asked an outstanding question! A Grid Search is when they line up 20 - 100 people in a line and walk only as fast as the slowest person and search every inch of ground in that "grid" laid out on a map, then they move over to the next grid and do it again. This is how forensic evidence searches are done. Poking around at random is a good "hasty search", but grid searches are the bread and butter of finding usable evidence. I have been unable to tell in what manner the "searching" was done. With the FBI on the case, I am betting that point has been made. Kudo's to Brooks for doing his/her homework. :D

14. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

If the red van has been ruled out, what is the latest they are going on?

That she was lured into some vehicle of some known/unknown description?

That she was never lured into any vehicle?

Is the black, red & orange, acne guy still in the frame, if van has been ruled out?

15. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

16. Trackergd

Thank you for your insight Angleterre. In the nature of my work, I usually have a very short window of opportunity to develop evidence and my interviews with family are short and usually to see a pair of the child's shoes to look for wear patterns that telegraph into their footprints and to find out their likes, dislikes, personality traits and if they are left or right handed. I leave the in-depth interviews to LE and their experts. Sometimes they have brought me information later that changes up how I am performing my part of the search.

Looloo, CarolAnn, Angleterre and 11 others like this.
  17. Trackergd

Sillybilly beat me to the punch about the victim and her family. Sheeh folks... Investigate the case, not the victim, that's LE's job. It was asked up thread (JJeny?) about what to discuss since everything known has been discussed to death. Well, how about: What are the egress and exit points from the park that the actor could have taken. Do they suggest any particular direction? Are there any access points to major highways? Why would an actor travel a long distance to that park? What jobs could the actor have (maintenance, utility, refuse?) that would have made him familiar with the area and the number of kids that play there? Are there any apartment complexes, large parking lots, etc. where the actor could have changed vehicles and dumped the van? Have they been checked? Where is the closest secluded spot the actor could have taken her? There are potentially hundreds of things to dig into. Has anyone here walked the area? Taken pictures to give everyone else an idea of the lay of the land? Google earth views? C'mon folks, you have over ten times the eyes that LE does and unlimited time (or so it seems) ;) Start digging!

kimpage, Looloo, Kittybunny and 21 others like this.
  18. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Believer of Miracles

19. Trackergd

And...how far could the abduction vehicle travel before needing gas? Where are the gas stations along those routs? Do they have video that could have captured something? You can bet a paycheck LE and the FBI are looking at these same things!

20. Dreptate1103

Dreptate1103 Active Member

This video makes me think of social media. Did the mom ever post videos and /or photos of her on there. Is it possible that she may have had an online stalker or even someone on her friends list that was monitoring them on there? I wonder if LE have been looking at that also? IMO

Looloo, TatianaBarbie, Jim_M and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.