AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JillyNJ

JillyNJ Profile pic is Jamie Diane Seymour

Unknowing Americans are becoming more aware of the fact that many women native to Mexico have children at extremely young ages. We have strict laws of consent here but much of Mexico adheres to the age of consent of as young as 12yrs old. My daughter has a close friend from school whom is of Mexican descent, her mother had her at 13. 12yrs old is the legal age of consent in much of Mexico. IMO this culture difference is causing immigrants to violate our laws of consent fairly frequently. It's becoming more and more evident in the sex offender registries that there is an issue. Here is the Wikipedia page that references Mexico's laws. Very lax in comparison to ours. This is just a side note to the fact that Dulce' s mom is so young. That may be very normal to their family where an American family might not be so much the norm.

Ages of consent in North America - Wikipedia

2. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

True, from following cases here there are some murderers who are predators of vulnerable victims of any age and others who have a type so we can't really rule anything out. What complicates Dulce's case IMO is that she was far enough away from her mother that the perp felt that he could isolate and grab her. So was it an abduction of convenience or had he been watching her? Right now we have no clue.

I still think he may have crossed paths with Dulce and/or her family at some time in the past but they wouldn't be aware of it, so maybe someone in the neighborhood or a store clerk, someone from church etc..

However, it bothers me that no one has spoken up to say they know a man who drives a red van or resembles the perp's description. He very well could be someone who was just passing through and saw an opportunity, maybe even driving through the park looking for a victim. If it goes beyond people being afraid due to immigration status then it may be that no one recognizes the description of him or the van which again implies someone not from the immediate neighborhood.

Call me an optimist but I believe anyone regardless of immigration status who has a hunch would come forward even if anonymously so unless someone suspects a friend or loved one and is protecting him it looks like this man is a stranger. MOO.

I hope LE knows more than us!

3. MirandaPriestly

MirandaPriestly Active Member

Pedophilic D/O is DSM 5 code 302.2 and pedophelia was DSM IV- TR code 302.2

4. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

Well, if they're afraid of coming forward due to fear, how about the old fashioned way- snail mail, written anonymously, of course? Type it up, don't leave a name, mail from a few towns over. Much better than keeping valuable information to yourself.

5. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Believer of Miracles

I’d be so interested in discussing this topic with you as an offshoot from this case some day.

Right now, I’m a bit frustrated. MSM slams us with concern for Dulce. LE and FBI actively speak out for public aid. Public rises to the occasion. Community unites. Funds are raised. Vigils are held. We’re now invested in the search for little Dulce.

Then the crickets come out. Now what? Frustration mixed with a little anger. It’s tough to suddenly back off and accept. It doesn’t seem fair.

I’m confident (moo) that LE and FBI have combined and utilized all resources available. They’ve announced a determination of stranger child abduction. Silence does not equal surrender or termination of search. Now, the work behind the scenes narrows. Press conferences will be deliberately scheduled.

What do WSers with the accumulated energy now?
    To each his own.

What am I gonna do? I’m gonna get in the zone when I’m able. Return to the scene of the crime: Thread #1 with the stipulation of stranger abduction. The Feds have given us this gift. Other options are off the table. Less white noise. It’s now my direction guiding me. Who are all the players in the immediate vicinity? What are their vantage points? What physical and geographical elements come into play? What is the layout? Was getaway preplanned or impulsive? Where is perp van parked? Where must the witness be to have this vantage point?

Mom/aunt/car/parking lot
    Dulce/3 yr old/playground
    Basketball players/court
    Perp/van/buildings
    Witness/$64,ooo ?

Begin and rebuild. This is where our locals come in and wow us. They know their community. They are willing to share necessary details we don’t know.
    ~imo

songbrd, tazikigirl, cass523 and 15 others like this.
  6. imstilla.grandma

I wanna sit behind you in class. Will you pass me notes?

No, I wanna stand beside you. Brava!

Looloo, TxMother67, cass523 and 7 others like this.
  7. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

8. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

I do, too. Myself included.

9. imstilla.grandma

Yes.

Smccat, Subiechik21 and Angleterre like this.
  10. imstilla.grandma

cass523, MsBetsy and Subiechik21 like this.
  11. peppertheyorkiepoo

peppertheyorkiepoo Well-Known Member

Is there anyway the police can cross reference pedophiles in the area with car registrations?

12. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

<modsnip>

Been there, done that! I now type up long posts in a word document or gmail draft first, so I don't lose them. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2019
  13. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

That information may be outdated.
    From what I understand, the age of consent is 16-18 in Mexico, depending on the state, and there are no close-in-age exemptions like there are in the US. Imo

CrimeAway, Subiechik21 and cody22 like this.
  14. imstilla.grandma

• Who identified the suspect and described the van? Authorities have not said much about the witness who provided the description, only revealing that it came about after interviewing and re-interviewing people at the park that afternoon. There was a group playing basketball at a nearby court at the park, but on the first day of the search, police said none of them saw anything that would help.
    https://www.nj.com/cumberland/2019/...n-the-search-for-missing-5-year-old-girl.html

*help me out? Does this statement imply witness is basketball player? What do you think?

15. Ashley74

Ashley74 Well-Known Member

Mexican consulate following Bridgeton girl's disappearance

“Vazquez explained that the consulate normally would become involved only if a Mexican national were directly involved. Additionally, she said, no one in the family so far has asked for assistance.”

“We have followed but we can’t do any action,” the consul said. “We can’t intervene if the person does not request our assistance, either. And the mother and the grandmother have really not requested any help.”

Mexican consulate following Bridgeton girl's disappearance

IMO might be useful to ask for their assistance. not positive how exactly they could help but I would think the more assistance the better at this point. JMO

16. Han

Han Well-Known Member

I don’t believe the police want you to think a basketball player provided the information. Otherwise they would have identified the witness.

Subiechik21 and imstilla.grandma like this.
  17. sf618b

sf618b Active Member

In regards to fearing retribution for legality status, I absolutely 100% think that people are fearful about contacting LE, especially the FBI. It's their community and their livelihood we are talking about. In an ideal world a missing child would be enough to come forward but I'm a white person who is a citizen and I don't have to worry about that so it's easy for me to say "what I would do".

A "red van" and "orange shoes" are VERY specific, which is why I'm thinking someone knows something or is protecting someone. You hear that and you automatically go "do I know someone who wears orange shoes?"

I am really leaning towards a local person who has secret behaviors/itches to scratch who saw an opportunity and took it.

Also, has anyone considered the access road directly behind the playground area that leads from Mayor Aitken Drive? And the other dirt road that leads through the woods? Where exactly was mom parked?

Looloo, cdnjan, JudiK and 6 others like this.
  18. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

Look, I will says this, I have worked with Latinos for over 40 years. Yeah a couple were not right, but 98% were right. So mam so over

Suglo, cass523, Subiechik21 and 3 others like this.
  19. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

The police don’t know what happens. They are sadly, IMO, just as baffled as we are!

Suglo, cass523, Subiechik21 and 2 others like this.
  20. IntoTheWind

IntoTheWind Former Member

Current stats show there's typically many teen moms in Mexico & the fathers are usually much older.

Subiechik21, JillyNJ and Seenit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.