AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. In this case, a man who is described almost like a clown with his orange shoes and red pants (it has been explained the men near the park dress this way) was seen luring Dulce towards the buildings with the red and white stripes.

Where did she go, where was he parked?
@otto, I thought from the last maps you did the other night that you believed perp parked by the sheds and then departed down Burt St.? Are you now thinking that the perp might have been in one of the other lots closer to the basketball court?

No, the fault lies with the state and local authorities who, in order to make a political point, released two dangerous rapists back into the community. This has nothing to do with caring about the safety of the local community.
Agree. These released criminals most likely go back into the same communities they came from and IMO this release program most likely hurts the latino communities more than the broader NJ population although there is no way to prove this to be true unfortunately. Overall the release program hurts NJ and even after watching the AG Presser now 4 times his logic as to not having LE work with ICE simply baffles me! MOO

gangred.png Buckle up, this post is a bit 'out there'. Given no news on this very sad case I've been searching for anything to possibly explain the perp clothing reference by LE. This might be a 'stretch too far'? IDK.

The orange shoes and red pants seemed distinctive IMO. Red is the traditional color of Bloods gang but then when someone made the reference to the perp being dressed like a clown then I remembered reading about another gang called the Insane Clown Posse.

Just throwing this out there as clothing colors for many gang members is very important as a means of self identification and people in neighbourhoods become attuned to IDing people based on clothing/shoes etc.

Been researching gangs in Cumberland County and gang colors etc. The only gang I could find with red pants and orange shoes would be this gang and I'm not even sure if its active in Bridgeton as I didn't see it on the last NJ Gang report from 2010. The issue with the NJ Gang report is that is was last updated in 2010 so many things could have shifted in gangland. But Bridgeton had over 600 gang members in 2010 so its a safe assumption that the number of members today is well north of 600!

This article summarises the major nationwide gangs and colors used for identification: http://www.srdtf.org/sites/srdtf.org/files/gange_recognition_epd.pdf

Insane Clown Posse:

Newest to the world of street gangs, the Insane Clown Posse (ICP) originated as fans of the Detroit born horrorcore band the Insane Clown Posse (Psychopathic Records Label). Band members,
Violent J (Joseph Bruce) and Shaggy 2 Dope (Joseph Utsler), attest they do not promote
the gang persona. In a live performance, Bruce addressed the audience as “Juggalos” which stuck as a name for male members. Females are called “Juggaletts”.

ICP is known for their outlandish clown make-up and associate with the “Hatchet man” symbol. ICP members do not believe they are a gang but rather a “family” which is ideal to attract migratory and homeless youth. They favor the colors red, orange and black. Crimes include robberies and assaults where members are armed with edged weapons.

Juggalos – Subcultures and Sociology

Last edited:
Thank you. I understand not disclosing that info. I can appreciate that. I was just wondering if it were verified that she had gone home to change. I’m hoping the area of her changing clothing is being investigated as well then.

After school they went home. Dulce’s mother asked the kids if they wanted to go to the park and get ice cream.

How many people were at the basketball court, I saw an article that said two dozen?
If so, that’s 24 people making noise and moving all over the court.
And where were their vehicles parked? Probably the parking lot closest to the basketball court.
Where was her mother parked? And how did she have a clear view of the 3 and 5 year old? Why did she stay in the car with the older one? My first concern would be the little ones not being able to watch them closely.
Yes, and then we have the added confusion of reports that Mom might have been on cell phone/Facetime as well. I am also not clear that there was a clear line of sight to the playground either. But the issue of clear line of sight wouldn't have mattered if she were on phone IMO. I guess the most we have to work with is when the 3 yo came back to the car. Mom then got out of car and went to look for Dulce. It doesn't appear that Mom engaged anyone else in the area to help her look for Dulce but maybe this is being kept quiet as well IDK. But the people on the basketball court might have provided some information too, even if it was a vague reference to a moving vehicle that they remembered while they were playing.

Yes there are benches right in the playground area.

The fact that the playground was under construction and appears to have materials laying around would be a safety concern to me, not to mention there is not really a clear line of site from the parking lot- but then again I am a nervous nelly!

View attachment 206842

View attachment 206843

Are those photos recent? That looks more like a construction zone than a place for children.

View attachment 206851 Buckle up, this post is a bit 'out there'. Given no news on this very sad case I've been searching for anything to possibly explain the perp clothing reference by LE. This might be a 'stretch too far'? IDK.

The orange shoes and red pants seemed distinctive IMO. Red is the traditional color of Bloods gang but then when someone made the reference to the perp being dressed like a clown then I remembered reading about another gang called the Insane Clown Posse.

Just throwing this out there as clothing colors for many gang members is very important as a means of self identification and people in neighbourhoods become attuned to IDing people based on clothing/shoes etc.

Been researching gangs in Cumberland County and gang colors etc. The only gang I could find with red pants and orange shoes would be this gang and I'm not even sure if its active in Bridgeton as I didn't see it on the last NJ Gang report from 2010. The issue with the NJ Gang report is that is was last updated in 2010 so many things could have shifted in gangland

This article summarises the major nationwide gangs and colors used for identification: http://www.srdtf.org/sites/srdtf.org/files/gange_recognition_epd.pdf

Insane Clown Posse:

Newest to the world of street gangs, the Insane Clown Posse (ICP) originated as fans of the Detroit born horrorcore band the Insane Clown Posse (Psychopathic Records Label). Band members,
Violent J (Joseph Bruce) and Shaggy 2 Dope (Joseph Utsler), attest they do not promote
the gang persona. In a live performance, Bruce addressed the audience as “Juggalos” which stuck as a name for male members. Females are called “Juggaletts”.

ICP is known for their outlandish clown make-up and associate with the “Hatchet man” symbol. ICP members do not believe they are a gang but rather a “family” which is ideal to attract migratory and homeless youth. They favor the colors red, orange and black. Crimes include robberies and assaults where members are armed with edged weapons.

Personally I don’t find the outfit that unusual. While outlandish for most -it is not really that uncommon in urban fashion. A lot of guys don’t give much if any thought into what they are wearing (especially if just a tee shirt and sweatpants)
Someone who buys orange sneakers isn’t so much thinking what can I match these with - it’s more the “sneaker head” mentality to
use them as an accessory.

That said- I don’t completely rule out the gang theory even possibly some type of smaller informal version or an individual that did this as some type of retaliatory action -for something owed him from someone/somehow associated with Dulce extended family that they may not even been aware of ?
Stranger things have happened - it may have just been perp seizing perfect opportunity but I lean more toward someone either followed them into the park or knew they were going to be there but just my opinion.

I live in the area and many Mexicans work in the farms and don’t care what they wear. Matching clothes isn’t a priority to them. A lot of their clothes is second hand or from goodwill. It’s not unusual for their clothes not to match or to be crazy colors.

I dont see the gang member connection unless it’s revenge. Why would a gang member want a 5 year old child?

It all comes down to it being a pervert. I believe it was a stranger abduction.

@otto, I thought from the last maps you did the other night that you believed perp parked by the sheds and then departed down Burt St.? Are you now thinking that the perp might have been in one of the other lots closer to the basketball court?

I'm not sure what to think. We know where the mother's car was parked, where the children were, and where Dulce went according to the 3 year old. If the suspect was at the park specifically to abduct a child, parking in lot #3 makes sense. If the suspect was just at the park and suddenly had a thought to abduct the unattended child, he could have been parked anywhere.

upload_2019-9-29_10-27-33.png

Options for leaving the area

upload_2019-9-29_10-24-9.png

I live in the area and many Mexicans work in the farms and don’t care what they wear. Matching clothes isn’t a priority to them. A lot of their clothes is second hand or from goodwill. It’s not unusual for their clothes not to match or to be crazy colors.

I dont see the gang member connection unless it’s revenge. Why would a gang member want a 5 year old child?

This is useful info. Thanks for posting it.

Would not be surprised.

But I can’t imagine anyone wanting to do a kid, unless it is a real sicko

Just thought of something...I know the orange sneakers might sound like a strange choice given the rest of the outfit description. But there’s a lot of different shades of orange and everyone’s interpretation can be different. Maybe the shade of orange was closer to a red (and would match the pants) but wasn’t the same shade as the red pants so the witness described it as orange. Or the orange could of even been closer to a brown or tan. Idk...just something that popped into my head.

Attachments

• 33C9D30B-346C-4928-A41A-422D29FCC626.jpeg
    33C9D30B-346C-4928-A41A-422D29FCC626.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 13
I'm not sure what to think. We know where the mother's car was parked, where the children were, and where Dulce went according to the 3 year old. If the suspect was at the park specifically to abduct a child, parking in lot #3 makes sense. If the suspect was just at the park and suddenly had a thought to abduct the unattended child, he could have been parked anywhere.

View attachment 206856

Options for leaving the area

View attachment 206854
The lot 3 options makes perp the least visible as there is some cover from the 2 sheds perhaps.

Your blue arrow pointing south towards the ball field could offer quick exit but are you sure that road goes anyplace?

Let me see if I can find a larger map of park to see if that south facing blue arrow is a possible exit or would the perp have to had used Burt St to exit?

Your original maps the other days had indicators for cameras on them if I recall. Do you think these cameras were operational at the time of the abduction?

Good article about the 1,000 acre park + map:
Sprawling N.J. park where 5-year-old Dulce Alavez went missing is tough place to search, officials say

@otto to your point about the playground construction the article states: "The playground is still being built, though no work was being done at the time".

@otto, it doesn't look like the road near the blue arrow near the baseball diamond leads out of the park. Tried to figure it out so I'm not 100% but it looks like Burt Rd is only way out from the area with the 2 shed. Here is a topo map.

https://www.topozone.com/new-jersey/cumberland-nj/park/bridgeton-city-park/

Would perp have risked driving by Mom car to get a quicker exit from park to get to Mayor Aitken Drive (via Scholastic Rd)? Or does cutting down Burt Rd to Scholastic make more sense? IDK.

Last edited:
I avoid mapping the home address when there's nothing to suggest that the child was taken from home. Jessica Ridgeway was taken near her home walking to school - so her home address matters. Dulce was taken after school in the care of her mother near her school and the ice cream shop. Earlier links indicate that she wore a uniform to school and school is finished at 3:30PM. Dulce was at the ice cream shop close to 4PM. It's more likely that she changed without going home.
No, Dulce's mom stated they left for the ice cream store from home.

Just thought of something...I know the orange sneakers might sound like a strange choice given the rest of the outfit description. But there’s a lot of different shades of orange and everyone’s interpretation can be different. Maybe the shade of orange was closer to a red (and would match the pants) but wasn’t the same shade as the red pants so the witness described it as orange. Or the orange could of even been closer to a brown or tan. Idk...just something that popped into my head.
Agree that color given as description might have been off.

But working with the orange description given by the witness, its incredible that when you search shoe colors that all the major athletic shoe companies make an orange shoe: adidas, nike, puma, asics, sketchers, fila, converse, new balance etc. all have multiple orange options and ditto for red.

Good catch. Perhaps work boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members