AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone considered this park access road? Likely for city employees only. This has been my hunch from the beginning. Looks like those barriers are easily moved.
Makes a lot of sense and we know Park DPW workers left at 3 pm so there wouldn't have been anyone stopping someone from moving a barrier. This route offers the quickest exit of the park and highly likely nobody would have seen the vehicle given the tree cover too. Perhaps the perp never fully pulled into the open and perhaps this is why more people didn't notice the vehicle?

How many people were at the basketball court, I saw an article that said two dozen?
If so, that’s 24 people making noise and moving all over the court.
And where were their vehicles parked? Probably the parking lot closest to the basketball court.
Where was her mother parked? And how did she have a clear view of the 3 and 5 year old? Why did she stay in the car with the older one? My first concern would be the little ones not being able to watch them closely.
Hi MimosaMornings! See Otto's excellent map in his post below. Dulce's mom was parked by the White Building and not in the regular lot.
I'm not sure what to think. We know where the mother's car was parked, where the children were, and where Dulce went according to the 3 year old. If the suspect was at the park specifically to abduct a child, parking in lot #3 makes sense. If the suspect was just at the park and suddenly had a thought to abduct the unattended child, he could have been parked anywhere.

View attachment 206856

Options for leaving the area

View attachment 206854
upload_2019-9-29_10-27-33-png.206856

Hope this helps!

Yes there are benches right in the playground area.

The fact that the playground was under construction and appears to have materials laying
Hi MimosaMornings! See Otto's excellent map in his post below. Dulce's mom was parked by the White Building and not in the regular lot.

upload_2019-9-29_10-27-33-png.206856

Hope this helps!

Thank you @MsMarple

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/upload_2019-9-29_10-7-35-jpeg.206843/

This is the view I was wondering about. Appears to be the parking area where she parked. This picture shows no other vehicles in the lot. The people playing basketball would park here also?

How would she be able to see Dulce from here - this picture is with no cars - standing looking towards the playground.

Imagine being in a car facing towards the woods, having to turn your neck to the far right to get a glimpse of the playground thru the older child’s head and vehicle top/pillars.

Thank you @MsMarple

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/upload_2019-9-29_10-7-35-jpeg.206843/

This is the view I was wondering about. Appears to be the parking area where she parked. This picture shows no other vehicles in the lot. The people playing basketball would park here also?

How would she be able to see Dulce from here - this picture is with no cars - standing looking towards the playground.

Imagine being in a car facing towards the woods, having to turn your neck to the far right to get a glimpse of the playground thru the older child’s head and vehicle top/pillars.

I think we mostly agree that the playground and swings were not really visible from the parked car. The mother was 50 yards from the children, but she was unaware of anyone luring her child until the 3 year returned to the car.

I have read here that some women sit in the car while their children are at a playground. I suspect that prior to the invention of the mobile internet, that didn't happen. It just wouldn't make sense to sit in the car and do nothing while the children interact with playground equipment.

Well isn't that just fantastic. So now they're out there roaming free?
That should be considered aiding,and abetting. Who's decision was it to set them loose??????? Voters should be made aware. So come election time voters can make informed choices. Know who they are electing, know who those they elect choose who they put in positions of authority of such desiscisions. Children's lives,and safety depend on these people.
MOO

I think we mostly agree that the playground and swings were not really visible from the parked car. The mother was 50 yards from the children, but she was unaware of anyone luring her child until the 3 year returned to the car.

I have read here that some women sit in the car while their children are at a playground. I suspect that prior to the invention of the mobile internet, that didn't happen. It just wouldn't make sense to sit in the car and do nothing while the children interact with playground equipment.

Not at all true. My mom read books and did embroidery and sewing projects while watching me play, and usually the only reason she would get out of the car was that it was too hot to stay inside it. She was a great mom but didn’t like playing at playgrounds, so she always did something else when she’d take me to one.

Going off the idea that the playground and park was under construction, could this person be related to the work being done on the park?

I do wonder if this was something that Dulce did often with her brother and mother, where she and her brother were somewhat alone at the playground while the mother sat in her car in the parking lot paying attention to something else (like her sister's homework). If that's the case, then the suspect could have planned where to park, where to drive, how to evade detection, and how to lure Dulce. In fact, the suspect may have spoken to her in the past. However, we don't know whether this is the first time this happened, or whether it happened often.

I do wonder if this was something that Dulce did often with her brother and mother, where she and her brother were somewhat alone at the playground while the mother sat in her car in the parking lot paying attention to something else (like her sister's homework). If that's the case, then the suspect could have planned where to park, where to drive, how to evade detection, and how to lure Dulce. In fact, the suspect may have spoken to her in the past. However, we don't know whether this is the first time this happened, or whether it happened often.

I'm just wondering if they have vetted all employees who work for the city, and those that work around that school campus.

Yes, and then we have the added confusion of reports that Mom might have been on cell phone/Facetime as well. I am also not clear that there was a clear line of sight to the playground either. But the issue of clear line of sight wouldn't have mattered if she were on phone IMO. I guess the most we have to work with is when the 3 yo came back to the car. Mom then got out of car and went to look for Dulce. It doesn't appear that Mom engaged anyone else in the area to help her look for Dulce but maybe this is being kept quiet as well IDK. But the people on the basketball court might have provided some information too, even if it was a vague reference to a moving vehicle that they remembered while they were playing.
According to a local who posted on here who was familiar with the park, the mom would have been able to see the swings from where she was parked, although there is a fence around the courts which may have prevented a clear view.
Oh course one can see through the fence but it may have obstructed her view a bit.
I don't think mom was watching at the time she disappeared from the area of the buildings anyway, as only the brother saw the man. Imo

Agree that color given as description might have been off.

But working with the orange description given by the witness, its incredible that when you search shoe colors that all the major athletic shoe companies make an orange shoe: adidas, nike, puma, asics, sketchers, fila, converse, new balance etc. all have multiple orange options and ditto for red.
Everything could have been off. Authorities don't seem to be really convinced by this description, we don't know how old the witness is and how reliable the witness is, and we don't even know if this witness saw something unrelated ( a man helping his child into a van, for instance).

I’m from Ireland so not familiar with fast food restaurants in the NJ area
etc, wondering if there are any with similar uniform? Seems an odd choice of clothing to me for a would be abductor, who wouldn’t want to stand out from the crowd or be easily recalled. Coupled with a red van especially...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288