AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

Source? Link, please.

2. Iva

Iva Active Member

IMO this is just a case of Telemundo having picked up this part of the story from NBC10 and not realizing that it wasn't released officially by authorities, or that it has been taken down from all U.S. sources. I don't think they were in any way trying to intentionally be inaccurate, and Telemundo is for sure MSM, but they happen to have just made a mistake, likely due to the language barrier and the cultural divide between covering a case like this happening in another country.

The article is just an attempt at retelling the story from last night, and I don't think the semantics of what they're actually reporting is that important. If you wanted to see the video and didn't get a chance to, there's the video. It was not stated in the original story in English that it was for sure the vehicle involved, just that it coincided with the times and the description to a degree. The only difference between what NBC and Telemundo reported is that Telemundo didn't choose their words as carefully as to say "may be" "might have" etc. over and over like they do in the U.S.

MOO

3. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Amber Alert update: Cell phones could hold valuable clues in search for missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez

Still looking for cell phone video from public, etc. They need to verify the car and the suspect before they can be certain. I think it's still important to put out what they've learned to this point. If that changes, then I hope it will be updated - red van, red SUV, etc

BBM

"Detectives believe Dulce was possibly taken from the park by a clean shaven Hispanic man with a thin build and acne, and put the girl in a red van with sliding doors, police said. He was described as between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-8 tall."

GoBuckeyes, Jim_M, AnnaGrace and 6 others like this.
  4. Beekarina

Beekarina Well-Known Member

This case is very confusing.

The Element was also produced in maroon. I'm dropping a pic of both red & maroon, just in case additional videos are released,or released and deleted as the day progresses. I feel like anything that isn't against TOS is worth a try. The tint, the color, the shape, confusion abt van or suv the unusual doors, younger witnesses playing basketball possibly not being familiar with the vehicle as they're no longer in production.....

Screenshot_2019-09-24-09-21-29_kindlephoto-1514378.png Screenshot_2019-09-24-10-16-02_kindlephoto-3734112.png

5. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 #RememberingCupcake

OMG. :eek: Thank you for posting that! I was going crazy last thread because everyone was talking about seeing it but none of the video links worked. That is the first video that has played for me. IMHO this is either the vehicle that took away Dulce or it's a red herring. The timing seems right for a perp who was cruising around parks looking for a child to snatch and got lucky seeing Dulce with her little brother and no adults nearby to stop him. I wonder if they have checked CCTV footage from other nearby parks that day to see if this same SUV made an appearance. These type of perps usually try more than one hunting ground and more than one tactic before they find a victim. The Jayme Closs suspect said he was often driving around looking for a girl he could grab off the street but never found one alone enough that he thought he could get away with it-- he formulated his alternate plan when he saw Jayme getting on her school bus. In the Yingying Zhang case the perp tried to lure other women into his car earlier in the same day. I believe that a random perp could have gotten "lucky" here and it need not be a stalker situation or a person Dulce knew. Sadly, it takes very little to convince some small children (and even some adults) to get in a stranger's car. :(

MOO.

6. Subiechik21

Subiechik21 Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting a working link! I didn't check the link like I normally do before posting, my apologies.

Jim_M and AnnaGrace like this.
  7. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

I'm a fail on my phone so I can't quote and reply to the link question. This is where it states she is Mexican born

Jim_M, AnnaGrace, cody22 and 2 others like this.
  8. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

Then, MOO, they edited the post to make the story and translation appear to be more accurate since that was part of my questioning if telemondos story was accurate, and if just telling posters to use google translate (since it’s 2019!!) was reliable. Editing the translation to make it appear more accurate after several posters attacked me for it... just proves my point. Either way the vehicle in question is neither a truck or a van so it’s still wrong lMO.

Jim_M and cody22 like this.
  9. SuperTmo

The translation called it a truck! Did the English version?

10. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

It was posted earlier but I don't know how to link it.
    The source was 47 Telemundo, I think, and I thought I just read a post saying they have changed it from truck to van. Or maybe it was translated incorrectly? Idk.

They claim that authorities have released the video of the van/truck which Dulce was taken away in by her abductor, and this would be the main way for LE to track the suspect down.

I'm just summarizing, but as far as I can tell none of this has been verified by LE.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    cody22 and Subiechik21 like this.
  11. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Excellent points to check other parks. Even on different days if possible. Lots of detective work needed on this case. Sure hope LE gets this guy.

GoBuckeyes, Wild Rose, Jim_M and 7 others like this.
  12. SuperTmo

Could maybe be a Smart Car! My kid swears they look like tiny shrunken vans. (Obviously being facetious here and do not think it’s a smart car).

cody22, Subiechik21 and MsBetsy like this.
  13. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

That part I don't remember - I was so focused on the timeline and the direction/roads traveled. To a point though, I've driven many an SUV over the years and have referred to my own as a truck at times.

I think something like that being lost in translation is not quite as detrimental as the rest of the info is important. IMO

14. Dreptate1103

Dreptate1103 Active Member

I was looking online and they make soles for kids and adults that you put in their shoes and they can be gps tracked from your cell phone. I do t think it’s a bad idea to have kids wear them when they go in a public place.

15. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yet we still don't know if the rest of the information is true.

LE has not yet verified that the vehicle shown in the video is the same one used in the abduction and that it is the main track (I guess they mean lead) that will lead to the suspect.

We still don't know which authorities released the surveillance video, or if they did at all. As far as I know the evidence was given to police and they have said nothing about it.
    Of course it is crucial to identify and track down the van and the driver, but I'm still not convinced this is the right vehicle.

Imo

SuperTmo and Subiechik21 like this.
  16. therion20

therion20 Well-Known Member

It doesn't say that she was born in mexico, they say she is from mexican origins meaning her parents are from mexico.JMO

kimpage, TimesEight, Suthrnqt and 6 others like this.
  17. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

18. claudianunes

claudianunes Well-Known Member

The translation to english got messed up. The article says Dulce is of mexican origin. She was born in the US, to a father born in Mexico and a mother born in the US. Her mother is first generation born in the US. I think it's safe to assume that Dulce's family probably identify Dulce as mexican, but she is a US citizen.

19. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 #RememberingCupcake

At 5 years old I walked to school and knew my neighborhood very well. I felt safe and felt like I knew how to get to familiar places-- even if I had never walked there but had only been driven the few blocks in a car. I feel Ducle probably knew this park well and felt safe too, making this all the more heartbreaking. The park was a short ride from the store where her mom bought the ice cream. If a stranger had asked her to show him where the Ice Cream Store was so he could buy her brother a new ice cream, I believe Dulce would have gone with him thinking she knew right where the store was... This is so heartbreaking to think about-- one moment she feels safe and knows where she is but the next moment the SUV is going the "wrong way" and she can't get out due to child locks on the doors. :( I feel like the only sliver of hope left is if he was the rare perp who had a plan to keep her alive, but if that is the case seeing his vehicle on TV may cause him to get rid of her and all evidence, including the vehicle. I so hope the TV station has not endangered Dulce's life by releasing this video. MOO.

20. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

ITA. IMO, the description of the perp and putting a child in the backseat, sounds like a father and his daughter. Dulce is a darling child, but there are many like her. An incorrect identification would be easy. I don't really believe the witness that claims to have seen her at the park previously. There are a few families on my street that fit their description.

I think the red van is all LE has, and they used it to issue an amber alert.

Subiechik21, Jim_M, MsBetsy and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.