AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for taking these pictures and sharing them here. These pictures provide answers to a lot of questions I had.
Hi guys im the local who said he would take pics. Im sorry its not great quality. The playground is much closer than the pictures make it look from where she was parked.

Photo Album

Hi guys im the local who said he would take pics. Im sorry its not great quality. The playground is much closer than the pictures make it look from where she was parked. as youll see, some of the playground is obstructed but you can see most of it very clear from the car. hope it helps a little bit to see some perspective. I will say you can definitely see the playground from the basketball court. if you do not have your back turned. There is also no way anyone from the basketball court could see behind them buildings where she was said to have been taken.

Photo Album
Thank you!

As an afterthought, when asked why the amber alert didn't go out until almost 24 hours after the fact, the police stated that when they first interviewed the people at the park that day nobody knew anything nor saw anything. After getting images of the people there at the park through the body cams they were able to re-interview the same people and that is when the description came up. So an amber alert was then issued. I do not know how many of those people that were interviewed were children, they never say.

$25,000 Reward Offered for Girl, 5, Who May Have Been Abducted From New Jersey Playground

I am adding this here with your mention of interviews

In this video below, at the 0:40 mark, it is said, "Search intensified on Saturday as three witnesses emerge from vehicles, one after another. Two females and a young boy..."

In the video, before getting out of a F150 truck, it shows two women with their face blurred while sitting in the driver and passenger seats.

The video may show a man at the left rear door of the truck. He may be helping the young girl out of the truck, that is shown standing with the women in the photo. Not sure if anyone got out of the back seat.

In the attached photo, it shows the women who may have emerged from the F150, now standing in front of it. If they are the witnesses who emerged one after another.

The woman on the left side in the photo, the left side of her face is blurred.
It appears to be a young girl in the photo with her head blurred too, red and white striped shirt. The woman in the tank top with her back to the camera, nothing is blurred on her.

Attachments

• pk2019-10-10.jpg
    pk2019-10-10.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 49
The 24 witnesses who were on or around the courts were adults.
The three year old brother said he saw the man waving at Dulce as if to say, "come over here."
So we know that he saw him, and that he pointed towards the buildings when his mom asked where she had gone.
The other child that was interviewed came forward on Saturday.
We don't know what he saw, but the description of the man and the van was given before that.
Dulce's little brother was able to communicate what he saw, as well as the other witnesses who were there. But the only one that we of who actually saw the man is the three year old brother. Imo

Do you have a link to an article that states that? Because I have yet to read anything about the 3 year old saying a thing. Or is this being speculated elsewhere?

I am adding this here with your mention of interviews

In this video below, at the 0:40 mark, it is said, "Search intensified on Saturday as three witnesses emerge from vehicles, one after another. Two females and a young boy..."

In the video, before getting out of a F150 truck, it shows two women with their face blurred while sitting in the driver and passenger seats.

The video may show a man at the left rear door of the truck. He may be helping the young girl out of the truck, that is shown standing with the women in the photo. Not sure if anyone got out of the back seat.

In the attached photo, it shows the women who may have emerged from the F150, now standing in front of it. If they are the witnesses who emerged one after another.

The woman on the left side in the photo, the left side of her face is blurred.
It appears to be a young girl in the photo with her head blurred too, red and white striped shirt. The woman in the tank top with her back to the camera, nothing is blurred on her.

Oh wow. That is an amazing video. This is the 1st I am seeing it. The 2 females look old enough to be able to give details about anything they had seen. I am certain that the little boy is Manuel because Noema is walking right behind the detectives. The 2 females, IDK. From the surveillance footage at the store, the 8 year old sister looked to be not much bigger than Dulce. The girls in this video look to be a bit older. Hmmm. Thanks for sharing that.

Do you have a link to an article that states that? Because I have yet to read anything about the 3 year old saying a thing. Or is this being speculated elsewhere?
I can try to find the articles, but in the first reports it was said that when the mom discovered the three year old crying, she asked him where his sister was and he pointed to the abandoned buildings. He said the man waved as if to say, "come over here," according to the mother. She didn't say he said those words, she said them herself.
I don't know what is being speculated, but that is what has always been reported.
As far as the 24 witnesses playing basketball and watching the game, it has never been reported what they said in their interviews. Imo

Last edited:
Oh wow. That is an amazing video. This is the 1st I am seeing it. The 2 females look old enough to be able to give details about anything they had seen. I am certain that the little boy is Manuel because Noema is walking right behind the detectives. The 2 females, IDK. From the surveillance footage at the store, the 8 year old sister looked to be not much bigger than Dulce. The girls in this video look to be a bit older. Hmmm. Thanks for sharing that.
Yes, they said it was two adults and a young boy who were interviewed and taken to the park on Saturday. They were at the park but did not go to police until Saturday. Imo

Last edited:
Are we sure the only other child interviewed was on Saturday? Couldn't there have been a young child at the park or at the Bball courts, who saw what was going on?

Sometimes teens have younger siblings to watch after school. There may have been a Basketball player with a younger sib, who was sitting around and watching the park, etc?

It was a nice sunny day, the day they went to the park. It was after school hours. I really doubt that the only 2 children at the park were Dulce and her little brother. The mother has mentioned several times that her son is non verbal. He CAN make gestures and point but he can't talk. I am sure that it was another child who gave the description. Maybe they took the 3 year old back to the park to search so when they ask him where his sister went he could possibly lead them.

I don't know, but that's what was reported. The child pointed towards the secluded area towards the buildings when asked where his sister had gone, and communicated that he had waved his hand as if to say, come over here.
Maybe he used his own hand to imitate him. Imo

I think I am misunderstanding something here. You said that the non verbal child is the one who told police about the red van. I was never arguing that he pointed, that was in the 911 call. I have not seen an article where it states that the 3 year old is who gave the eyewitness account so that is what I was arguing. Now I am confused. It's been awhile for me. Trying to get back in the swing of things.

It was a nice sunny day, the day they went to the park. It was after school hours. I really doubt that the only 2 children at the park were Dulce and her little brother. The mother has mentioned several times that her son is non verbal. He CAN make gestures and point but he can't talk. I am sure that it was another child who gave the description. Maybe they took the 3 year old back to the park to search so when they ask him where his sister went he could possibly lead them.
It was a different child that they interviewed and took to the park on Saturday.
The only child who saw the man was reportedly Dulces little brother. Imo

I think I am misunderstanding something here. You said that the non verbal child is the one who told police about the red van. I was never arguing that he pointed, that was in the 911 call. I have not seen an article where it states that the 3 year old is who gave the eyewitness account so that is what I was arguing. Now I am confused. It's been awhile for me. Trying to get back in the swing of things.
We don't know if any other witnesses saw the man or the red van.
We just know that the child pointed to the buildings when asked where his sister was. He described the man as waving her towards him, according to the mother.
LE has stated that the description of the man and the van came from a young child, if I remember correctly.
I'm sure they interviewed the three year old, but since he is young that may indicate that the information he provided may not be accurate.
There is really no way to know.
They interviewed 24 witnesses who were at the park, and they may have provided further details to support the description. After all, it wasn't until they tracked them down and interviewed them further that they provided the description in the Amber Alert.
However, they did emphasize that the description came from a young child, so that may indicate that he is the only one who saw the man and the vehicle.
We just don't know at this point. Imo

Dulce Alavez could be far from Bridgeton by now, officials say

“As you can imagine when the officers arrived, first encountered the mother, she indicated that there were a couple people that came up to her with various descriptions of people that were in the area,” Gaimari said. “The officers at that point … were directed to who she spoke with. And they were asked who was in the area. And that’s where the various descriptions on the 911 came through.

“All of those people that were at the park, that we could locate that were there on police arrival, have been interviewed a couple different times,” the chief said. “And that’s where it was narrowed down.”

Ok, I think I kind of understand now. So you were never speaking of Dulce's little brother. Which makes it more possible since most 3 year olds can talk. The 2 females at the park with the little boy look to be like teenagers. The faces were blurred out but they didn't seem like adults. Anyways, anytime that you can find an article about the 24 witnesses and all adults and all of that I would really appreciate having it. Thanks.

Hi guys im the local who said he would take pics. Im sorry its not great quality. The playground is much closer than the pictures make it look from where she was parked. as youll see, some of the playground is obstructed but you can see most of it very clear from the car. hope it helps a little bit to see some perspective. I will say you can definitely see the playground from the basketball court. if you do not have your back turned. There is also no way anyone from the basketball court could see behind them buildings where she was said to have been taken.

Photo Album
Thank You very much for taking the time to share photos.

Dulce Alavez could be far from Bridgeton by now, officials say

“As you can imagine when the officers arrived, first encountered the mother, she indicated that there were a couple people that came up to her with various descriptions of people that were in the area,” Gaimari said. “The officers at that point … were directed to who she spoke with. And they were asked who was in the area. And that’s where the various descriptions on the 911 came through.

“All of those people that were at the park, that we could locate that were there on police arrival, have been interviewed a couple different times,” the chief said. “And that’s where it was narrowed down.”

Ok, I think I kind of understand now. So you were never speaking of Dulce's little brother. Which makes it more possible since most 3 year olds can talk. The 2 females at the park with the little boy look to be like teenagers. The faces were blurred out but they didn't seem like adults. Anyways, anytime that you can find an article about the 24 witnesses and all adults and all of that I would really appreciate having it. Thanks.
The three witnesses that came forward on Saturday were described as two adults and a young boy.
On the day that Dulce went missing, there were about two dozen witnesses that were on or around the basketball courts.(that's where I got the number 24 from) Some of them wandered off and those that stayed didn't know anything.
Upon further questioning, they were able to get more information from those witnesses. It is my opinion that some of these witnesses were able to support the child's description of what happened.
However, it has never been revealed what information those witnesses provided.
The only mention of a child witness is the mention of the three year old brother and the little boy who was interviewed on the following Saturday.
If someone can provide a link to the media thread I can point to the articles which contain the information. I don't know how to find it. Imo

Photo Album

Thanks for the pictures. I watched a video on fb that was recorded by a volunteer searcher (so couldn’t bring it over here) and there appears to be many (2-3?) trails that begin from behind the buildings and branch out. One looked like it went straight down to mayor Aitken. Can you confirm? Google maps shows water lining the road. Is it wide and deep or a small trickle? Maybe dry this time of year? Thanks.

Thanks for the pictures. I watched a video on fb that was recorded by a volunteer searcher (so couldn’t bring it over here) and there appears to be many (2-3?) trails that begin from behind the buildings and branch out. One looked like it went straight down to mayor Aitken. Can you confirm? Google maps shows water lining the road. Is it wide and deep or a small trickle? Maybe dry this time of year? Thanks.
Yes, another poster provided a map which showed a few different escape routes. The paths leading out of the park were outlined in black, I think.
I have mentioned it a few times and I think it was posted in thread 2 post #5.
The map also shows the secluded areas and where the mom was parked, the swings, the courts, and the abandoned buildings.
The area where Dulce was believed to be lured away seems to be the perfect place for someone to carry out the crime unnoticed. The pictures that flowoftime provided show an even better image. Imo

Photo Album
Appreciate the pictures so much! :)

Yes, another poster provided a map which showed a few different escape routes. The paths leading out of the park were outlined in black, I think.
I have mentioned it a few times and I think it was posted in thread 2 post #5.
The map also shows the secluded areas and where the mom was parked, the swings, the courts, and the abandoned buildings.
The area where Dulce was believed to be lured away seems to be the perfect place for someone to carry out the crime unnoticed. The pictures that flowoftime provided show an even better image. Imo

Thanks. I searched your tip and believe I just found that. Much appreciated. What I’m getting at, is... we know the van (vehicle) couldn’t have gone down Burt because there is video surveillance at some point on that road. Le would have it pegged. If there was a car he/she must have driven right behind mom.

But if the person went down to mayor Aitken with her ... ? On foot. Then a vehicle..there are basket ball courts on the other side of the street. Additionally, it doesn’t look like the pond and run connect. Another exit point.

We don’t know where the witness is said to have seen her getting into the car. Maybe it was a child watching out their window while parent was driving, on a nearby road. Stretch..I know..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23