AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

The candid comments in that link by employees regarding evacuating the fire (!)
    I wonder if this "witness" was at the park with 1 child and the 2nd child seen could have been Dulce, or was there actually another similar-aged girl there? So does this witness have 1 or 2 children, and why hasn't he already come forward or been revealed by someone who knew he took his kid(s) there?

cass523 and MsBetsy like this.

2. Smccat

Smccat Well-Known Member

Not fully caught up but couldn't agree more

cass523 and Kuyluc2764 like this.
  3. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

You are correct. I remember the many directions we all went on Jayme's thread (which today is the 1-year anniversary, sadly). I would assume, since we as amateurs often go in many directions for possible suspects and connection, LE does as well.

4. JerzeyGirl

JerzeyGirl Well-Known Member

He may be illegal.

5. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

I just watched the updated information on TV, Eyewitness News. Woe!

I flipped when I heard Dulce's name said on TV, it has been a while. Now, with the sketch and new clothing description, white T-shirt, blue jeans and a white baseball cap, I don't know what to think.

"Police are hopeful, that with this new sketch, hopefully, there's going to be a break in this case soon."

I hope so too!

Correction, The clothing described is for the witness. I misunderstood

“He is simply a possible witness we want to speak with at this time,” she said in a statement.

He was reported to be with one or two children under the age of 5 around the time Dulce went missing, authorities said.

He is described as Hispanic, about 5 feet 7 inches tall, with a slender build and about 30 to 35 years old. He was wearing a white T-shirt, blue jeans and a white baseball-style cap, authorities said."

Police release sketch in disappearance of 5-year-old Dulce Alavez

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  6. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

After reading your post, I realized I misinterpreted the clothing information. I looked it up and found the correct info and fixed my post. Thank you for this

7. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Sketch released of possible witness in case of Dulce Maria Alavez

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 7:32PM

The Cumberland County Prosecutor's Office said the sketch was developed after a witness who recently came forward was able to provide a description.

They said the sketch is not from the child witness who gave authorities an initial description which led to the Amber Alert on September 17.

"We are asking this person (or anyone who may recognize him) to come forward as investigators wish to speak with him as it is believed that he may have information that is helpful in determining the circumstances that led to Dulce's disappearance," the Cumberland County Prosecutor's Office said."

8. Asme27

Asme27 Well-Known Member

Yes, this. It was the 911 call. She said “they said there was a black man” and then she paused and said “and there was a Mexican man with two children”: (Sounded like the aa man and Hispanic man with children were not with each other but were both in the general direction where the girl ran).

9. 958pm

958pm Well-Known Member

October 3rd 911 tapes released
    October 9th reward for information increased
    October 11th sketch drawn

Was hoping that the 911 call made someone realize they had seen something but maybe it was the increased reward. Maybe it’s out of the goodness of their hearts. Maybe they hadn’t heard about the case.

I have to hand it to the witness - they’ve an incredible memory to be able to recall a months old face that didn’t spike their suspicion prior. I couldn’t tell you one person who was in the grocery store with me yesterday, let alone a month ago..even if I did notice them in passing.

I question if they’ve had his sketch/info from the 16th. Maybe using it now strategically.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  10. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

ITA, that makes a lot of sense - that Noemi asked "Did you see anybody? Anybody at all?"; and then got that answer back from a group of people.

11. mxprincess399

mxprincess399 Well-Known Member

Welding helmets have a forehead band/strap that way they can easily flip it up and down.

12. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

It could be that the second child with him may have been Dulce.
    I think this person may be a witness or he may be a person of interest.
    The man that the young child saw was described as being Hispanic and of thin build with acne. The clothing doesn't fit, but the description came from a very young child.

When they first reported the description of the suspect they also said he could just be a witness that they wanted to talk to.

Either way, there was apparently someone who was at the park at the time Dulce went missing who has not come forward yet.

Someone must know something. Even if this man does not come forward, now that they have released a sketch hopefully someone who recognizes him will come forward and identify him.

Imo

13. 958pm

958pm Well-Known Member

Most hard hats offer chin straps than can be attached— osha. There was construction going on. Football helmets. Maybe motorcycle helmets too, will have to look that up.

14. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he would be from the town or surrounding area if he was at this park and this playground with children. So, yes, hopefully someone recognizes him and comes forward with his name/location.

15. Beekarina

Beekarina Well-Known Member

So. Authorities have said NO ONE has been ruled out.

They have also reportedly found, and spoken with, everyone in the video from the Sunoco. We are not allowed to discuss the video.

Does this hold true given the new information and sketch?

MsBetsy likes this.
  16. 958pm

958pm Well-Known Member

Wonder if he was tasked to watch a friends child, neice/nephew, sibling. Maybe another non verbal child. (Young). That’s why no one associates him with children, because he doesn’t have any and normally isn’t with one. He could then be from a surrounding town - or further but familiar with the area... Maybe the child’s parent believed him to be in a completely different area that afternoon. This all happened within 10 min...so an alibi would be easy to come by.

Those are a lot of maybes. And it’s probably much simpler than that. But maybe..

17. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Well now that his picture is out there, he may be identified. Sooner rather than later, I hope.

18. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Well, exactly. In which case it's pretty obvious why he wouldn't want to come forward.

19. Beekarina

Beekarina Well-Known Member

@ProtectChildren a bit OT, but I noticed you also found Mark Himebaugh while reading an article about Dulce. Your mention of him in the previous thread came up when I searched to see if he had his own thread here. It doesn't seem like he does? Do you want to start one? His poor mom.

Edited: sorry, found one! It only appears if you search last nane, without first. Apologies for thread hijack

20. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Well that is an excellent sketch! Kudos to the artist. Let’s hope it produces some action.
    Btw, anyone else notice the newsman bears a striking resemblance to a young Di Niro? “You talking to me?!”
    ; )

amateur opinion and speculation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.