AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess the family friend is the advocate? What "shocking revelation" could she share that we haven't already sleuthed out?

I don’t know about the advocate but “the spokesperson” had never met Noema or the family until the first press when she volunteered her services.
When Dulce first went missing but prior to her becoming spokesperson she was critical of Noema on social media referring to her as a bad girl etc ... so I’m not really clear why the family would even want anything to do with her. She isn’t great at translating and seems to be doing more harm than good in terms of relationships with locals & officials imo. The consensus on social media is she only shows up if its nice weather when there’s a camera present .
It could just be the show sensationalizing the story and really no shocking revelation but I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow.

Renewed Look In Amber Alert Probe For Missing 5-Year-Old NJ Girl

“Family and friends said the episode will likely focus on the three-month search for the girl and focus on Dulce's mother, and the pain she's had to deal with since her daughter disappeared in September.”

What about the pain of Dulce’s grandparents who are the ones that raised her. I know Noema is the bio mom, perhaps Dr Phil was able to pry some new information out of her that might provide a clue?

“Family and friends said the episode will likely focus on the three-month search for the girl and focus on Dulce's mother, and the pain she's had to deal with since her daughter disappeared in September.”

What about the pain of Dulce’s grandparents who are the ones that raised her. I know Noema is the bio mom, perhaps Dr Phil was able to pry some new information out of her that might provide a clue?
I’m not counting on learning anything new
Just hoping it will bring some exposure to the case.
Would like to see them donate any compensation they receive from appearing on the show toward the reward fund but not counting on that either ..

Unless I've lost my mind, the grandparents have custody of Dulce. I assume the word custody means legal custody. Maybe the grandparents are camera shy but gosh. :(

I don’t know about the advocate but “the spokesperson” had never met Noema or the family until the first press when she volunteered her services.
When Dulce first went missing but prior to her becoming spokesperson she was critical of Noema on social media referring to her as a bad girl etc ... so I’m not really clear why the family would even want anything to do with her. She isn’t great at translating and seems to be doing more harm than good in terms of relationships with locals & officials imo. The consensus on social media is she only shows up if its nice weather when there’s a camera present .
It could just be the show sensationalizing the story and really no shocking revelation but I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow.
Yeah, I'm a little confused over "advocate" versus "spokesperson" as I haven't been following SM too closely. I think JR is the spokesperson? I seem to remember mention of an advocate early on but now I'm not sure if it was someone actually working with the family. I guess I assumed JR was doing more than just translating since she went with Noema to tape the Dr. Phil episode.

Ah, found it! To add: I had JR confused with LS who was quoted early on about seeing Dulce in the park before. She is an advocate who works with the Vineland Youth Advocate Program, so no connection to the family. Duh.
In South Jersey, a massive search — and a wave of worry — for missing 5-year-old girl

Is it odd mom does not refer to Dulce (her daughter) by name in the above video? Does anyone remember her previously doing so in past interviews or press conferences? What do y’all think?

I could be way off but I just don't think Neoma has the benefit of a media coach. She strikes me as awfully timid.

upload_2019-12-6_6-51-39.jpeg
Her mother, Noema Alavez Perez, told NJ Advance Media in an interview this week that Christmas has always been Dulce’s favorite holiday.

“She was real happy because she would want Santa to bring her a bunch of presents,” Alavez Perez said, sitting on a coach next to her mother, Norma Perez Alavez. “We’re sad and worried because my daughter’s not here so we could share these holidays with her.”

In the family’s Bridgeton home, a Christmas tree sits in the modest living room. Dulce’s backpack hangs from a hook nearby. A large photo of Dulce is displayed on the wall and a plaque nearby reads “Worry ends where faith in God begins.”

“We miss her," Alavez Perez, 19, said, speaking in a near whisper, her eyes downcast while wringing her hands with worry. "We’re not going to give up on finding her. We want her to come back.”

Alavez Perez is six months pregnant with her third child - a girl. Dulce’s younger brother, Manuel, is 3 years old.

“I’m trying to be strong - for my son and my other daughter” she said.

Alavez Perez said she remains close to home and doesn’t interact with many people.

“I really don’t go out that much,” she said. “I don’t talk to people. I really don’t answer my messages.”

Dulce’s disappearance has had an impact on Manuel, too.

“He has changed a lot since my daughter’s not here,” Alavez Perez said. “He’s being more aggressive with other kids. He’s not listening. He wasn’t like that before.”

upload_2019-12-6_6-54-32.jpeg
Dulce's backpack hangs on a wall in the family's living room near a Christmas tree.
upload_2019-12-6_6-56-25.jpeg
The grandparents of 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez holds signs during a candlelight vigil for their granddaughter at a home on Burlington Road in Bridgeton, Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019.

Dulce’s grandmother, who doesn’t speak English, expressed her hope that the whole world can come together to find the missing girl. The holiday season brings fresh hopes.

“She believes in God and she has faith in him that he’ll do a miracle and she will appear,” Alavez Perez said.

Alavez Perez urged anyone who can assist the family in finding Dulce to step forward without hesitation or fear.

“I want more people to help us so we can find my daughter and if they have information to not be scared and talk so we can have her for Christmas here,” she says. “We just want Dulce to come back. That’s the only thing that matters.”
Family of missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez hoping, praying for Christmas miracle

“What made you get out of the car and go?” Dr. Phil asked.

“Because it was weird. We didn’t see them. They usually play and they don’t go out of sight,” Noema Alavez Perez said.
Mother Of Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Sits Down 1-On-1 With Dr. Phil

Does this statement suggest that mom usually stays in the car at the park? I thought she had stated that she only stayed in the car to help her sister with school work. She stated that usually they were together with the dog.

I think Noema has difficulty relating information for some reason, and I don't really know why. She seems to be careless about expressing details, which may be a bad habit she has always had. For example, she will reply "yes" to a question, and then immediately say "no". She seems consistently "stunned" in a way.

Does this statement suggest that mom usually stays in the car at the park? I thought she had stated that she only stayed in the car to help her sister with school work. She stated that usually they were together with the dog.

I think Noema has difficulty relating information for some reason, and I don't really know why. She seems to be careless about expressing details, which may be a bad habit she has always had. For example, she will reply "yes" to a question, and then immediately say "no". She seems consistently "stunned" in a way.

She may be nervous. When I'm nervous, I tend to do something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain