NJ NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted @ Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland Co, 16 Sep 2019 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Random questions....apologies I do this !!!
A red van is pretty conspicuous...possibly its a commercial van ?? A red van would be visible on security cameras......the 8 year old sister stayed in the car rather than play with Dulce and her little brother ??

The 9 year-old is the Mom's sister, so Dulce's aunt.

rsbm

Thank you for your thoughtful post. I watched the full episode of Dr. Phil, and recall the WS member discussion about it which confirmed some facts. I have made some comments on your post.

My thoughts after watching are that she is NUMB from criticism from home, the public, the media & prob herself. She’s lost her daughter & has NO support. She’s cooperated fully w LE.

I agree, and appearing numb and not wanting to cry in public can denote repressed emotions, from either being shamed for crying as a child, or appearing weak. She said she won't even cry in front of her parents, which I find especially sad. Severe depression can also block the ability to feel and cry. Noema looks severely depressed imo.

Her instincts tell her an Hispanic man who persistently wanted to date her, whom she consistently rejected, may have something to do w Dulce’s disappearance. The recently released sketch, a few posts back, is consistent with the description Noema gave Dr. P., imo.

The only description she gave Phil was that he is Hispanic. Not sure how that could be considered "consistent" to the detailed, released sketch of a Hispanic male. She also answered "no" when asked twice by Phil if she had any theories or someone in mind who could be involved. When pressed, she mentioned that guy, but answered "no" when Phil asked if he was "off" and if she thought he was could doing something. She later told Action News that she only mentioned this man to answer Phil, but doesn't suspect him. (Regardless, hopefully LE checked him out).

Dr. P. offered to relay info to LE, as a layer of protection similar to CrimeStoppers, to reassure undocumented people with info to come forward. He also offered to raise the award to 75K at the time the interviews were done. I’ve not found the show’s contact info to back that offer.

Dr. Phil said he would raise the reward, if police agreed. It would be interesting to learn what actually happened in regard to his offer.

Dr. Phil’s Interview Clips: Search

Where is Dulce Alavez? Investigators still pursuing 'solid leads' as anniversary approaches in case of missing N.J. girl

https://patch.com/new-jersey/westdeptford/startling-revelations-amber-alert-probe-5-year-old-nj-gir

It looks like Noema was trying to be a good, present mother. She was probably terrified of losing her other babies too. She didn't have custody of Dulce, so I imagine the poor girl/woman was terrified of what her family would say to her. Also, the fact that many of her family members are undocumented probably also put a lot of pressure on her. I feel so bad for her and Dulce, of course.

BBM

That's sad. To prioritize undocumented family members over basically a baby. I have no words that would keep me in line with TOS. Jmo

BBM

That's sad. To prioritize undocumented family members over basically a baby. I have no words that would keep me in line with TOS. Jmo
Everything about the rendition of events that day seems falsified to me, but that's just an amateur opinion.

However, if the bio-Mom thought the child was just temporarily missing or hiding and would resurface, *and* she had been raised never to engage LE...well I can't condone this, but I can understand it.

Nothing about this case (as told) adds up for me.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Bridgeton community holding out hope for missing 5-year-old girl

“I still have hope that she’ll be found alive,” said Jackie Rodriguez, a former family spokesperson and co-organizer of Sunday’s event.

Absent from the one-year remembrance was Dulce’s mother, Noema Alavez Perez. Rodriguez, who said she was asked in March to cease publicly speaking for the family after questioning Perez’s level of concern, defended the missing girl’s mother Sunday but also encouraged more support from the family.

“She’s a shy person,” Rodriguez said of Perez, but later added, “She shouldn’t be hiding. You should do whatever you need to do for your child.”

Dulce Maria Alavez Vigil Held 3 Days Before 1st Anniversary Of Disappearance

A community event, not attended by Dulce's immediate family, was held on Sunday to remind the public that the now 6-year-old is still missing.

"I still have hope that she's found alive. I want to believe and trust the FBI that they're saying there's hope that she's alive. So everyday I wake up and I'm like, 'I wan't to see that she's alive,'" one member of the community told FOX 29's Marcus Espinoza.

Everything about the rendition of events that day seems falsified to me, but that's just an amateur opinion.

However, if the bio-Mom thought the child was just temporarily missing or hiding and would resurface, *and* she had been raised never to engage LE...well I can't condone this, but I can understand it.

Bridgeton community holding out hope for missing 5-year-old girl

“I still have hope that she’ll be found alive,” said Jackie Rodriguez, a former family spokesperson and co-organizer of Sunday’s event.

Absent from the one-year remembrance was Dulce’s mother, Noema Alavez Perez. Rodriguez, who said she was asked in March to cease publicly speaking for the family after questioning Perez’s level of concern, defended the missing girl’s mother Sunday but also encouraged more support from the family.

“She’s a shy person,” Rodriguez said of Perez, but later added, “She shouldn’t be hiding. You should do whatever you need to do for your child.”
Every time Ms. Rodriguez opens her mouth, my hinky meter spikes. At this point I think she is hurting more than helping this case. Jmo, moo, etc.

I still cant shake the initial claim of helping the sister with homework turning out to later be revealed as Noema doing scratch off lottery tickets in the car. That has never sat well with me, for a few reasons.

I think she first said scratching lottery tickets then later changed to helping sisters homework, probably so her Mom wouldn’t yell at her or she realized it made her look like a bad Mother.

I think she first said scratching lottery tickets then later changed to helping sisters homework, probably so her Mom wouldn’t yell at her or she realized it made her look like a bad Mother.

The lottery tickets/scratch offs were mentioned later. Helping sister with homework was what she said originally/from the beginning.

Mom: I was scratching lottery tix when girl went missing; don't judge us

BRIDGETON — When 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez went missing at a city park, her mother was in a car playing scratch-off lottery games and helping another family member with homework, the mother said Monday.

Two weeks after 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez disappeared from a playground at Bridgeton City Park, her mother returned to the park Monday to make a plea for her safe return. The appearance was streamed live by 6ABC.com.

I still cant shake the initial claim of helping the sister with homework turning out to later be revealed as Noema doing scratch off lottery tickets in the car. That has never sat well with me, for a few reasons.
Really? I remember the original story being "I was in the car with my little sister, she was doing her homework and I was scratching off a lottery ticket". I don't remember it being one or the other, the two were always linked in my mind.

I just think that it happened so fast that no one actually knew what happened except for the little brother and then Norma called the family to bring the dog instead of calling LE. By then people on the basketball court was giving their opinion and Norma was going by what they were saying even though they probably didn’t see it happen. The one good lead they had was the van leaving from the back entrance at the exact moment Dulse went missing which would be coming from the maintenance road behind the playground where the brother said Dulce went. That was declared clear for whatever reason?

Last edited:
Really? I remember the original story being "I was in the car with my little sister, she was doing her homework and I was scratching off a lottery ticket". I don't remember it being one or the other, the two were always linked in my mind.
Yes. And how is that any different than the thousands of mothers & fathers who “watch” their children- while chatting or checking their phone’s email, text, sm apps? While at the park, pool, beach, campsite, party? Anyone who says they NEVER take their eyes off their kids is full of baloney. Noema had prob taken Dulce to that very park- after ice cream cones- dozens of other times. You never know when a predator will show up at your park, street, school, home, gas station, or church. Mo

It looks like Noema was trying to be a good, present mother. She was probably terrified of losing her other babies too. She didn't have custody of Dulce, so I imagine the poor girl/woman was terrified of what her family would say to her. Also, the fact that many of her family members are undocumented probably also put a lot of pressure on her. I feel so bad for her and Dulce, of course.
And ICE jumping in so quickly didn’t help matters at all.

Yes. And how is that any different than the thousands of mothers & fathers who “watch” their children- while chatting or checking their phone’s email, text, sm apps? While at the park, pool, beach, campsite, party? Anyone who says they NEVER take their eyes off their kids is full of baloney. Noema had prob taken Dulce to that very park- after ice cream cones- dozens of other times. You never know when a predator will show up at your park, street, school, home, gas station, or church. Mo
Yes, and the fact that she was pregnant didn't make it sound weird at all that she stayed in the car for a little bit. If she didn't care about spending time with Dulce she didn't really have to go and pick her up, she didn't even have custody of her. TO ME, it looks like she loved and loves her daughter and just doesn't know how to navigate the situation. And then, with that random lady lurking around and crowding her for no good reason, trying to convice her that she wanted to help, just doesn't sit right with me.

And ICE jumping in so quickly didn’t help matters at all.
Yes, that was so stupid. Everyone zipped up their mouths and everything went silent. Dulce could've been found, maybe.

What is different, is that the children of the parents you are referring to (I imagine?) didnt initially report to police/the news that they were doing one thing at the time, while they were actually doing another. If one's story changes or different details emerge later, it gets my attention.

Similar to if the parents you were referencing earlier who were on their phones would first claim to police that they had been helping another child tie their shoes, then later they reveal that they were actually on the phone. It would get my attention and I would wonder why. A small detail perhaps, as the parent is obviously distracted either way, but still a change in details regardless.

Additionally, if those hypothetical parents were playing on new phones they had just purchased but did not need while they were expecting another child they were not financially prepared for, had not secured employment to provide for and their "family spokesperson" was reaching out to the public for baby necessities that they were in need of but did not have, I would also wonder why or how they had money to waste on that new phone; it would, in my opinion only, say a bit about their financial priorities and where their children land within their priorities in general.

The detail about the lottery scratch offs was not mentioned until later. Is it significant? Who knows? But it's a change in what was happening just before Dulce disappeared that caught my attention nonetheless. Could just be that she was embarrassed to admit she blew the little money she had on those tickets and that she was scratching them off at the time her daughter disappeared instead of watching her two kids because she feels guilty that something terrible happened on her watch. Just because I make note of changes in stories or how ones actions are irresponsible doesnt mean I think they are guilty of harming/disappearing their daughter. I do wonder though if there are perhaps OTHER details that may or may not be helpful to police that were either changed or left out due to feeling ashamed or guilty.

Writing the above post reminded me, does anyone know why the family spokesperson is no longer the family spokesperson? Was there anything officially ever said or reported about it that could be answered/discussed openly here? I'm simply curious is all. Perhaps someone could still find a way to enlighten me if it wasnt reported in MSM and cant be discussed openly here? ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back