NJ NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted @ Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland Co, 16 Sep 2019 #7

I also want this little girl brought home to the people who loved her and raised her.. her grandparents. Dulce's real mama was her grandma. She raised Dulce, and her commitment and love, and ensuing grief was ignored by the media as they only focused on Noema as Dulce's mother. I want Dulce brought home to her grandparents who raised her, and to Noema.

I don't feel that you understand the dynamics of this family.
Noema is her mother, regardless of what you might think. And I bet Noema loves her, in her way. She is also a victim here. Was way too young to be a mother. and could only do as much as her circumstance allow. To doubt Noema's grief on missing her daughter is ignoring the circumstance that got Dulce put in her parent's care.

I respectfully disagree. Noema was raised in a household where Spanish was the primary language spoken. In interviews you can see how much longer it takes her to comprehend the questions and answer in English. She also has very few facial expressions. When she’s interviewed in Spanish, her answers are quicker, longer, and she’s more animated.
There are many quirks when someone speaks another language that are hardwire in their brain. For instances I am unable to do math in english. I speak engllish fluently, but I really can not do math in english. I have to translated into spanish and then proceed to work out. Like 2+2 or 3X2. It takes a second or two in order to answer any questions of this manner.
Just because someone speaks fluently, doesn't mean that they might process things differently. Noema might be bilingual, however her language at the end of the day is spanish and possibly the only way she can fully express herself.

Noema is her mother, regardless of what you might think. And I bet Noema loves her, in her way. She is also a victim here. Was way too young to be a mother. and could only do as much as her circumstance allow. To doubt Noema's grief on missing her daughter is ignoring the circumstance that got Dulce put in her parent's care.

I agree, and I’m glad you wrote this. Kids can have more than one mom. Of course a pregnant 19yr old single mother of two littles is going to need a lot of help.

Making this some kind of hierarchy of love (ie “real mama”) isn’t fair. And ranking grief is equally unfair.

I feel so bad for Noema on so many levels. I still can’t get over how people criticized her for accepting a slice of pizza at a vigil/search.

I have always been supportive of Noema but decided to give a shout out to grandma. I certainly do consider Noema a victim as Dulce's mother, I don't doubt her love for Dulce nor her grief. You put words in my mouth that I never said nor feel. But, I agree using the term "real mama" is controversial. "Other mama" would have been a better word.

I can’t imagine she’s outside in public if still alive. She has a very distinctive face, too much risk. Well I guess with masks you can’t tell. I’ve always imagined it was a stranger to the family but someone who had observed them prior.

I don’t think she’s alive. But I do think more is known about what happened that day than we think.
I can’t imagine she’s outside in public if still alive. She has a very distinctive face, too much risk. Well I guess with masks you can’t tell. I’ve always imagined it was a stranger to the family but someone who had observed them prior.

upload_2021-9-16_17-34-7.jpeg
Rather than a vigil this year, volunteer organizers decided on the silent walk as a way to “bring peace, unity and justice” for Dulce, who is now 7 years old.

Speaking before the release of the second image, Alavez Perez said she didn’t believe the rendering put out Wednesday was an accurate depiction.

“I saw the photo and, honestly, I don’t think that’s what she’d look like now,” she said Thursday. “Her face couldn’t have changed that much in just two years.”
Walk held to ‘light the way home’ for Dulce Alavez, N.J. girl missing for 2 years

missing-DulceAlvarez.jpg

Photos show what missing NJ girl may look like 2 years later

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname