UNSOLVED NJ - Fair Lawn, Mysterious pile of sliced-up women’s clothes found in woods, Mar 2019

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by JerseyGirl, Apr 1, 2019.

1. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Wait, I must be missing something. What's to question about one's choice of underwear????

Never mind, I don't want to know.

bluenoser, Dre, angelainwi and 7 others like this.

2. AliceInPain

AliceInPain Well-Known Member

As I remember local police believed the stains may have been from just nature doing it's thing, and initially said they wouldn't have the clothes tested as there was no proof of a crime.
    I hope the clothes are in a lab right now.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    cherrymeg, Dre, angelainwi and 6 others like this.
  3. AliceInPain

AliceInPain Well-Known Member

I don't even know, I don't care. I guess some people on FB "know" the correct way to use panty liners and age groups for certain undergarments and all its colours. I think it was in the discussion under the original picture post.

4. carbuff

I'm with you. Just backing away from the whole subject...

Dre, angelainwi, FireOwl9 and 4 others like this.
  5. RememberingRyan

RememberingRyan Well-Known Member

The type of underwear is only relevant in whether a possible missing person or victim wears that underwear style. But just to clarify, a pantyliner is not a menstrual pad. They are used for many different hygienic reasons, many of which are not menstruation.

6. Lewie

Lewie Well-Known Member

A lady trick is wearing a panty liner to avoid camel toe. I’ve also known women who wear them with jeans because the chunky seam in the crotch (particularly with true denim) is irritating and requires more padding than just a thin layer of cloth.
    It could also suggest the wearer may have bore children?

dotr, carbuff, turanna25 and 2 others like this.
  7. proctorelites

proctorelites Well-Known Member

Im rofl. Trying to ne lady like and ive rewritten this thing and now I think I've got it....In the end of the thing Why arm yourself for a drowning in lifejacket and goggles when you may not see a drop of rain? A simple liner may serve 2 purposes: 1. to quiet a woman's fear that a light shower may still come & 2. protect if the rain hasn't quite passed after all. Because sometimes a shower may last a bit longer than one anticipated. And of course @RememberingRyan is correct as well other reasons that are very sanitary.

bluenoser, leep, Hazelnutty and 6 others like this.
  8. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

Why would it suggest the wearer May have bore children? Like @RememberingRyan stated above, many females wear them for hygienic reasons.

9. proctorelites

I think tht may have been a man's point of view...but there was a commercial with an item for tht very purpose lol I've gottne off track amd laughed myself silly over this

bluenoser, carbuff and dotr like this.
  10. Cherry

Cherry Pie

The hole in the shirt looks like a gunshot, w blood spreading out from it and then down the shirt.

Hazelnutty, AliceInPain and dotr like this.
  11. Lewie

Lewie Well-Known Member

Yes, they certainly have many purposes. I think one of the more common non-menstrual reasons is to deal with minor incontinence that often accompanies motherhood.
    There are so many potential reasons, it doesn’t really narrow anything down though. I’m just throwing out ideas.

bluenoser, carbuff, dotr and 6 others like this.
  12. Lewie

Lewie Well-Known Member

Me? Lol. I’m female. Just throwing things out there that haven’t been mentioned.

13. proctorelites

I apologize, I went off the rails a minute there. I'm still not sure how I wound up posting abt life jackets goggles and liners myself lol

bluenoser, leep, FireOwl9 and 4 others like this.
  14. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

I’m overwhelmed by this find... at first I thought the rust colored stains were from leaves but I really feel like the amount/saturation was likely blood. And every item being cut? Definitely foul play imo.
    So sad and so scary.
    If one were to leave the clothes, why take the body elsewhere?
    So scary!!! Hope they’re able to determine if it’s blood and if so, who this was.

bluenoser, dotr and FireOwl9 like this.
  15. FireOwl9

FireOwl9 Someday everything will make perfect sense...

I’m thinking the same thing too :(.... the fact that every item was cut just doesn’t match with clothes being cut off by a paramedic following an accident. The large amount of staining would be consistent with a large amount of blood being lost, since there appeared to be numerous holes in the shirt from possible stab wounds/gunshot wounds.

16. carbuff

It seems like it's pretty common for murderers to dispose of body and clothing (and weapon for that matter) in different locations. They count on thinks like jurisdictional boundaries and distance to prevent a connection being made. And sometimes it seems more like, "Ooops, I forgot these bloody clothes, now what do I do?"

p.s. I'm sitting here snickering at the "rain" metaphor, and Mr. Carbuff wants to know what's so funny...not telling!

bluenoser, Dre, Laughing and 5 others like this.
  17. LilacStar79

LilacStar79 Active Member

I've also seen stained, cut up clothing come with the personal effects for bodies from the medical examiner.

18. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

I had a similar thought as Carbuff. If the clothes are Lanessa's, I wonder if these legs could be hers (WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTO): PA - PA-Lycoming County, 2 female legs found,UP58046, est YOD 2018/2019 *graphic*

Williamsport is along a possible route from Hillsboro to Fair Lawn: Google Maps

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    turanna25, bluenoser, carbuff and 6 others like this.
  19. carbuff

Laughing, Al Ka, turanna25 and 5 others like this.
  20. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

Laughing, turanna25, dotr and 2 others like this.