UNSOLVED NJ - Fair Lawn, Mysterious pile of sliced-up women’s clothes found in woods, Mar 2019

A lot of questions and 1 bad idea probably.
What I am about to ask/suggest may be wrong but: How hard would it be for a missing woman's friend to say, "i am pretty sure that is her clothing please test it we need answers" enter whatever DNA they retrieve in codis and settle this mystery?
Next question: Were the clothes found in those bags? (The bags they're laid out on) or are they storing them in sealed plastic bags? Isn't that a great big no-no for future testing? Those bags appear to be bags one would use in a commercial business, or hospital. Like one finds n hotel or convenience store trash can, government bldgs etc. Is it possible a paramedic cleaned their ambulance or didn't, saw it later and tossed it assuming it would land in water and it missed and landed in woods? Overworked and emotionally drained "just chunk it, I'm too tired to deal with it"
I mention this b/c it resembles exactly what clothes cut from an accident victim appear like IMO. How long do you suppose they've been there?Did I read there is a body of water nearby?

Size 28 in jeans usually refers to the waist measurement. Where do you see that it's European? I might have missed it so sorry if you already said...

When looking at size charts to determine a possible height it appeared that pants sizes in the US were 0,2,4,6 etc. and that equated, per the chart to european sizes listed as 26,28 etc. A Size 28 European equated to a size 6 US.

real strange.... I wonder if someone thought it would be a funny prank? I know when I worked in retail we had to cut up clothes that were returned for disposal. A lot of times we'd cut the bras and shirts up the front like that. When they say it was stained, are they implying it was blood-stained?
I just remembered we did that too when I worked at a warehouse, very rarely, but the cuts would be just straight like that. This is a whole set of clothing though? Could they (LE) at least be able to check if there has been a person inside them?
I'm so glad this is getting more attention via social media. That top is not something everyone would wear.
And it's a very creepy find.

The staining on the bra looks like rust. But the pattern is weird, like it was wrapped around something that rusted. Part of what I am thinking is rust stain looks like a trigger guard on a gun. I wonder if these clothes and a fire arm were all bundled up somewhere in a wet location and then someone retrieved the gun and dumped the clothes elsewhere. I can't see anything else discernible in the staining but to me it definitely looks like a pattern of some sort.

The staining on the bra looks like rust. But the pattern is weird, like it was wrapped around something that rusted. Part of what I am thinking is rust stain looks like a trigger guard on a gun. I wonder if these clothes and a fire arm were all bundled up somewhere in a wet location and then someone retrieved the gun and dumped the clothes elsewhere. I can't see anything else discernible in the staining but to me it definitely looks like a pattern of some sort.

I thought that pattern looked kind of like the diamond pattern of expanded metal. I can possibly see trigger guard.

When looking at size charts to determine a possible height it appeared that pants sizes in the US were 0,2,4,6 etc. and that equated, per the chart to european sizes listed as 26,28 etc. A Size 28 European equated to a size 6 US.

That's all correct, but with jeans (dungarees), the number doesn't usually represent a size like that. It's much more common for it to be the waist measurement in inches. (Sometimes it's something like 28x30, where the first number is the waist and the second number is the inseam length.)

If it's a 28 European, that would lead in an entirely different direction.

Next question: Were the clothes found in those bags? (The bags they're laid out on) or are they storing them in sealed plastic bags? Isn't that a great big no-no for future testing? Those bags appear to be bags one would use in a commercial business, or hospital. Like one finds n hotel or convenience store trash can, government bldgs etc. Is it possible a paramedic cleaned their ambulance or didn't, saw it later and tossed it assuming it would land in water and it missed and landed in woods? Overworked and emotionally drained "just chunk it, I'm too tired to deal with it"
I mention this b/c it resembles exactly what clothes cut from an accident victim appear like IMO. How long do you suppose they've been there?Did I read there is a body of water nearby?
RSBM for focus

I really like your theory.

I looked up the address of the gentleman (DC), whose “5-year-old daughter first found the pile of clothes in a wooded area about 30 feet from the house”:( and found it on whitepages.com.
Police seek information on woman’s torn clothes found in the woods

I’m fairly confident that the information is correct: It is on 11th Street, 0.109 mile (575 ft.) from Route 208, and in Google Maps and Street View, appears wooded.

And there is a brook running either through the property or to the immediate west of it.

676E54D0-4F9A-4443-BD80-D0A481386376.jpeg D8197241-D684-4ED9-BD74-46BCD45C3557.jpeg 5A1707A5-69D9-4909-97E8-D3C1E5554AE0.jpeg

If they haven’t yet, perhaps LE can email or text the pictures of the clothes to the area first responders, and also ask them to put up posters in break rooms and restrooms. Maybe they can do the same with the area hospitals and their employees, too.

I’m sure they attend to many, many emergencies, so I’m not sure if anyone would remember, but t might be worth a shot.

If someone does come forward, hopefully, s/he will remember approximately when the incident took place, and though it may take time, they will be able to figure out who the clothes belong to.

Last edited:
RSBM for focus

I really like your theory.

I looked up the address of the gentleman (DC), whose “5-year-old daughter first found the pile of clothes in a wooded area about 30 feet from the house”:( and found it on whitepages.com.
Police seek information on woman’s torn clothes found in the woods

I’m fairly confident that the information is correct: It is on 11th Street, 0.109 mile (575 ft.) from Route 208, and in Google Maps and Street View, appears wooded.

And there is a brook running either through the property or to the immediate west of it.

View attachment 178226 View attachment 178225 View attachment 178227

If they haven’t yet, perhaps LE can email or text the pictures of the clothes to the area first responders, and also ask them to put up posters in break rooms and restrooms. Maybe they can do the same with the area hospitals and their employees, too.

I’m sure they attend to many, many emergencies, so I’m not sure if anyone would remember, but t might be worth a shot.

If someone does come forward, hopefully, s/he will remember approximately when the incident took place, and though it may take time, they will be able to figure out who the clothes belong to.
I imagine they'll have a hard time getting a first responder to admit to that deed (if it is what happened) IMO. Their supervisor would probably have a come apart. It was reported on the news. Idk how that would be handled? Is it suspension, a slap on the wrist or, a job ending offense? Any first responders on WS available to sound off on possible punishment for tossing an accident victim's clothes from an ambulance after a shift? Please keep in mind this is all specualtion. We have no idea where the clothing came from. First responders are in a very demanding & high stress position.

I've never had the misfortune of having my clothes cut off me. Does the emergency room normally return them to the owner?

My clothes after an auto accident were cut off and returned. I would surmise it depends on the situation and the people handling. If they were covered in blood, perhaps they may be thrown out. But, they could be viewed as possible evidence for a future civil or criminal scenario.
I think it is possible they were innocently discarded, but who knows.

This is one I thought I would never share but it just goes to show how unexpected things happen. My ex and I were driving behind what i thought was a dump truck one day. It was filled to maximum & something fell out and landed in the road. My ex was hell bent on stopping to see what it was. Appearance: thick manilla envelope. It was an evidence package from the 80's from our local LE. Of course he opened it. It was a man's shirt and fruit of the loom briefs. It had a sticker on the envelope that made clear it was evidence. I was so freaked out by that. I just knew I would be in trouble. I think my ex was hoping for cash lol To this day idk what the heck that was doing in the trash? There was a landfill nearby so I assume it was headed there. I assume the evidence locker was cleaned or case disposed of and they just chunked the evidence in the trash. The trash men did a poor job of getting it there. That story doesn't even sound true but it is factual. Isn't that bizarre? So, I am always open to possibilities.
A friend broke his back(automobile accident) and begged the ER not to cut his clothing off bc they were new. They did and he never got them back. He asked and they couldn't find them. Things happen, it could have been an accident, victin taken to ER and someone cleaning up afterwards thought they'd get some valuables from the bag of clothes and tossed the clothes out their car window later. It sure looks like gun shot holes thought IMO.
These clothes are bothering me though. Can you tell? Lol

I've never had the misfortune of having my clothes cut off me. Does the emergency room normally return them to the owner?
My clothes after an auto accident were cut off and returned. I would surmise it depends on the situation and the people handling. If they were covered in blood, perhaps they may be thrown out. But, they could be viewed as possible evidence for a future civil or criminal scenario.
I think it is possible they were innocently discarded, but who knows.
I’m so glad that you are OK, Mert!

That was actually my initial thought: That at the time of discharge, the clothes were returned to the patient, and they were later thrown away.

Like proctorelites, I too, wonder if the clothes were already in a bag(s) when found, and if so, if it was one of those clear or opeque ones:
ClearBags LDPE Solid Handle Bag | Merchandise Bag With Die Cut Handles Tear Resistant Strength | Perfect for Trade Shows, Retail, and More (100 Bags, Frost) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1URV6J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_A8kQCbPJ4FVY5

I took a look around the neighborhood in Google Street View and noticed curbside garbage bins with no lids. Maybe the clothes fell out of one of those, “dragged by animals or blown by the wind,” and somehow ended up in DC’s yard ...? In that case, the “culprit” would likely be a neighbor and aware of the mystery but too embarrassed to come forward ...?
Mysterious pile of sliced-up women’s clothes found in woods around N.J. neighborhood

Whatever happened here, I really don’t believe it involves foul play.

I imagine they'll have a hard time getting a first responder to admit to that deed (if it is what happened) IMO. Their supervisor would probably have a come apart. It was reported on the news. Idk how that would be handled? Is it suspension, a slap on the wrist or, a job ending offense? Any first responders on WS available to sound off on possible punishment for tossing an accident victim's clothes from an ambulance after a shift? Please keep in mind this is all specualtion. We have no idea where the clothing came from. First responders are in a very demanding & high stress position.
I completely agree.

Maybe they could set up an anonymous tip-line ... :D.

I wouldn’t be surprised if LE already have a good idea of what happened, either.

All IMO

Is it rust or leaves staining the clothing? Sorry if that is a dumb question. Hopefully they tested for blood.
I have the same question. Early on someone mentioned what looks like an outline of scissors on the front of the shirt. I saw it immediately then. There is also a comment on this thread of someone that found something with weathered blood in or on it and it looked just like the clothing here. So I have no idea but IMO maybe LE does too or they would've tossed the clothing? I am like you: just test them for blood and get this over with. Let the public know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back