NJ - " I am the Watcher..." -- A Hoax ?

The article I read said that the Woods had purchased the other house, but did not positively state they were living in it.

I would think squatting in Westfield, NJ not be that easy to pull off, for a couple reasons. You are talking about a prominent $1.35 million house in a great neighborhood, not your average home in a development that turned into a wasteland when the economy crashed.

My guess would be that the house was shown frequently by multiple agents and not on the market all that long.

Squatters in that area of New Jersey are not going to be well tolerated. It is a wealthy, upscale area that is heavily trafficked. It is not rural and any suspicious activity will attract attention. Most New Jesersians I know are not wall flowers and if something like squatting is going on in their neighborhood, the police will be informed and expected to do something about it.

It would be one way to live in an empty house for awhile..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nts-stranger-living-secret-room-basement.html

Man catches girl stealing food in his house..

[video=youtube;p0K41mQVMJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0K41mQVMJw[/video]

I see this "The Watcher" character in the idealized glow of at times interesting choices of words and phrases; in reality, though -- if there happens even to be a 'reality' when speaking of him or her -- this song would be a far more likely soundtrack choice.

I see this "The Watcher" character in the idealized glow of at times interesting choices of words and phrases; in reality, though -- if there even were 'reality' when speaking of him or her -- this song would be a likely soundtrack choice.

My first concert!!

I think that may be their intention, but I can't see them getting a book/movie deal if the story is proven to be a hoax.

Meh. I was a kid, but I am pretty sure Amityville was already acknowledged to be a hoax at the time the book came out and it was still a HUGE bestseller.

Publishers and movie producers will encourage anything that might turn a profit. And quite frankly, these days the noteriety alone might be enough to make even a hoax a profitable one.

Maybe positioning the tale for a niche market somewhere between 'Amityville' and 'Blair Witch'?

That would be one heck of a niche market!!! Do you think they have boutique real estate offices that specialize in homes like that? Can you imagine what the realtor's card looks like?

Step right up!

As we seem to have hit (with a sodden thwack) a lull in Watcher-based phenomena, it's time to invent some of our own delve deeper into the mystery by reckoning just what in the hell could be -- might be; probably isn't, but; well, one-never-knows! -- what in the bejabbers could or might be meant by this passage from one the Broadduses describe as "a mentally unstable individual, 'The Watcher'":

"Have they found what is in the walls yet? [....] In time they will."

So --whattayathink?? What might (or mightn't) it be? Answers may range from practical to -- to finely honed Lovecraftian hymns to the Outer Gods -- to Cthulu and the Great Old Ones. Or, heck, just go funny. Something. In time "they" will find; but our time to find posit is now.

But.... What if when they search... They only find "just another brick in the wall"?

:waitasec:

Perhaps... All they find... "Is a very, very, very fine house.

With two kids in the yard...."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire