NJ NJ - Jan Cotta, 19, Wall Township, 26 June 1973

Regarding the boyfriend picking her up. We only know what Jay said she said, and the fact? a car pulled up. So...
1) Jan knew it was someone else, but wanted to get rid of Jay and his friend so said her bf.
2) It was the bf and he's lying because he was involved. Or he wasn't involved in the actual disappearance but didn't want to talk to police because he saw her last, and/or knew or assumed something happened afterwards.
3) Jan thought it was the bf when she saw headlights, but it wasn't him. She went outside and knew whoever it was so went with him/her/them. "bf is running late and said to come pick you up..."
4) Someone, bf or otherwise, pulled up. After a break up, fight, or a simple "I'm too tired to go out," etc. that person left without Jan. She then left on foot on her own.

The NBC mention certainly sounds like an intended suicide. I imagine her letter would've ended with "...and not be loved back." So sad. She may have walked off on her own or the car was actually a taxi, and left with a bottle of sleeping pills in the tweed purse. It seems more likely a teenager in turmoil would leave and commit suicide nearby rather than running away and surviving on her own. But if she did survive with or w/o help and is out there now, could the shame or whatever else was wrong be so bad to not make contact with her family now? Unless there's more to the family dynamic or she died soon after.

I hope she is alive and had her reasons for leaving and not looking back. Another DNA test on the now adult infant would certainly help, as the DNA tested may not have belonged to that baby. And it seems an unlikely coincidence how the infant ended up. But whether or not that now adult even knows about Jan, the potential link to her, or even of the adoption is questionable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back