NJ NJ - Jill Lynn Rosenthal, 1, Atlantic City, July 2, 1965

victoriarobinson642

Reaction score
It seems the missing twin sister of the man thought to be Paul Joseph Fronczak has been added to NAMUS.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Demographics
Missing Age - 1 Year
Current Age - 57 Years
First Name - Jill
Middle Name - Lynn
Last Name - Rosenthal
Nickname/Alias--

Sex - Female
Height - 1' 0" - 1' 4" (12 - 16 Inches)
Weight - 15 - 20 lbs
Race / Ethnicity - White / Caucasian

-

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact - July 2, 1965
NamUs Case Created - September 15, 2020
Last Known Location Map
Location - Atlantic City, New Jersey 08401
County - Atlantic County
Missing From Tribal Land - No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land - No
Circumstances of Disappearance - My twin sister and I were abandoned at the age of 21 months. I was found outside of Mccrory's variety store on Broad Street. My sister has not been found to anyone's knowledge.

-

Physical Description
Hair Color - Unknown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color - Unknown
Right Eye Color - Unknown

-

Wouldn't Jack's other bio family members remember Jill's hair and eye colour?

From what I understand, the family was basically forbidden to speak of them. Pages of the twins in family photo albums have mysteriously disappeared. The Rosenthal's split around the time of the twins disappearance. The twins lack of presence was unquestioned due to each parent telling their family, they were with other parent and/or their family.

The Rosenthal siblings were very young and close in age, 1961-1965. They were probably too young have a good recollection of physical characteristics. They were probably told a “story” that they have and still believe it to be true. They appear to be a leery of Paul and unwillingly to talk to him. The unshakeable trust of a child in a parent is not uncommon. Especially when the parent(s) have passed away.

It would be interesting to hear the side of the story from the Rosenthal children. At the time of their disappearance, the Rosenthal’s youngest child was about 5 month old. Which means at the time of Jack and Jill’s disappearance, the Rosenthal’s had three children between 5 months to 21 months of age.

I feel NAMUS is a bit misleading. It states both Jack and Jill were abandoned. If this were true, why did Paul go about digging and searching for her remains. I am in belief foul play existed, even with Paul/Jack being abandoned. But this implies she was definitely “abandoned” and her whereabouts are unknown. Paul/Jack was abandoned and found in such public location. I can’t help but wonder why his situation was not in news and media. Wouldn’t a child found abandoned in such a public place warrant as much media attention as a missing child? His public story seems to have began as the Fronczak’s missing child, and no one thought to consider him as any other.

Is this the story?
21-month-old Jack Rosenthal and his twin Jill Rosenthal went missing from their biological family in 1965, presumably abandoned. (Or something else happened to Jill.)

Jack was found and thought to be Paul, who had been kidnapped as a newborn from the hospital. In recent years, Jack discovered his true biological identify and is now searching for his long-lost sister Jill.
(And Paul was found alive but details of his kidnapping haven't been released as far as I know? And Paul recently passed away.)

Is that correct?
So now the question is - What happened to Jill?

(Edited.)
I wish Jack well and hope he will find out the full truth about his sister.

Last edited:
Is this the story?
21-month-old Jack Rosenthal and his twin Jill Rosenthal went missing from their biological family in 1965, presumably abandoned. (Or something else happened to Jill.)

Jack was found and thought to be Paul, who had been kidnapped as a newborn from the hospital. In recent years, Jack discovered his true biological identify and is now searching for his long-lost sister Jill.
(And Paul was found alive but details of his kidnapping haven't been released as far as I know? And Paul recently passed away.)

Is that correct?
So now the question is - What happened to Jill?

(Edited.)
I wish Jack well and hope he will find out the full truth about his sister.
Yes, this is the same story.

Wow! What a fascinating life story Paul Fronczak, born as Jack Rosenthal, has. Handing over a child to a family who was not properly vetted as his bio family is so odd, even for the 1960s before DNA could be used to establish biological relationships.

I agree with Paul that his bio twin could still be alive. I am curious about his relationship with the Fronczak family he was raised in & want to learn more.

He has Jill's birth certificate. What happened to Jill? I believe someone in her bio family knows other than her deceased parents. I hope Paul can unravel the mystery & find his twin sister.

Apparently he has another bio Rosenthal sibling. Does anyone know what their response to his search has been?

Wow! What a fascinating life story Paul Fronczak, born as Jack Rosenthal, has. Handing over a child to a family who was not properly vetted as his bio family is so odd, even for the 1960s before DNA could be used to establish biological relationships.

I agree with Paul that his bio twin could still be alive. I am curious about his relationship with the Fronczak family he was raised in & want to learn more.

He has Jill's birth certificate. What happened to Jill? I believe someone in her bio family knows other than her deceased parents. I hope Paul can unravel the mystery & find his twin sister.

Apparently he has another bio Rosenthal sibling. Does anyone know what their response to his search has been?
I just finished reading his second book, “True Identity”. Interesting read! His original family, identified through use of forensic genomics, was/is quite dysfunctional. There are younger and older siblings, though the oldest was only 4 when the twins disappeared. He firmly believes that sibling has info and is unwilling to share, but I was not convinced she has anything other than opinions, since she was so young, and the disappearance was a very taboo subject throughout their lives. She may not have any real memories at all. None of the other siblings were old enough, or even born yet, to know what happened.
He is pursuing this as if Jill is still alive, but in fact, I think he knows there is a good chance she is not, which is why after struggling with bureaucracy he was finally able to have her added to NamUs. I think it’s best he explores both avenues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back