GUILTY NJ - Joe Galfy, 73, brutally murdered at his Clark home, 13 May 2013 *'Kai the hitchhiker ARRESTED*

the murdered guy,

2dd594d37cce235063fec4d93d7f3292

Services Announced for Clark Homicide Victim, Joseph Galfy

Services will begin on Friday at 9:30 a.m. at Higgins Funeral Home in Watchung.

May 16, 2013

Read more: http://clark.patch.com/articles/services-announced-for-clark-homicide-victim-joseph-galfy

While much is to be learned, this case has eerie overtones of the scene in the 1969 film 'Midnight Cowboy' when Jon Voight's character Joe Buck kills the man.

While this guy strikes us as a very young man...almost a kid...we should keep in mind that he is comfortably into his 30's. If someone is still a surfer-dude free spirit at that age, there's going to be a lot behind the story.

While this guy strikes us as a very young man...almost a kid...we should keep in mind that he is comfortably into his 30's. If someone is still a surfer-dude free spirit at that age, there's going to be a lot behind the story.

According to most of the stories I looked up he's only 24.

Maybe its best to wait until all the facts are in. While murder is horrific, it's also a serious crime to drug and rape someone.

Just because this man is homeless and eccentric, it doesn't mean it's ok for him to be preyed upon in this manner. Running away is a very poor choice, but maybe we should consider his lifestyle and the way he's accustomed to dealing with violent encounters with strangers.

I'm responding the same way I would if this were a woman reporting the same crime. Just waiting for all the facts.

I would feel differently if Kai killed this man while fighting him off during a sexual assault. To murder someone who lays ostensibly sleeping, after the fact is not the same in my mind.

I would feel exactly the same if the victim was female, whether she was "homefree" or wealthy, young or old, black or white. I am comfortable holding this man to the same standard I would any of them.

From the few facts we have right now his act sounds like retribution, revenge, NOT self defense.

Why should I consider the lifestyle or someone who openly chooses that lifestyle and appears to look down on mine and that of people who choose to live within societies more accepted norm?

Not trying to sway your opinion, just stating why that line of thought does not work for me.

I have a feeling that there is a lot more to this story that's going to come out. Like, a lot.

According to most of the stories I looked up he's only 24.

whoops! I thought I had just seen that he was 34 in an article and it surprised me. 24 sounds more reasonable. Thanks for correcting me.

I thought he grew up in West Virginia?

So he said. Thus the *wink* when he mentioned Sophia. Obviously he has trouble with the truth.

Meanwhile whil Mr. Galfy was being buried this guy was locked up at 8th and Race still. Our local news wasted no time asking guys who were locked up with him questions. One guy spoke and said he told them all who he was. He also asked for 50 cents, and was traipsing around barefooted. The bare feet is what got the guy being interviewed the most I think.

Lemme see if I can find a link to the interview. Basically the guy was being a smart *advertiser censored** when he said he was afraid of him. I highly doubt that. 8th and Race is no joke.

I'm seeing numerous stories indicating that they are investigating Kai for other unsolved murders that seem to match up with where he was traveling at the time.

I have a feeling we will be hearing a lot more about this man and his activities of this knight of the road.

I found the whole long post on FB about his extreme childhood abuse rather convenient and suspect. Maybe he was abused, maybe he had a terrible childhood. But I wonder. This guy gives off a skilled manipulator - user vibe IMO.

I remember seeing Kai's video before this murder took place and I didn't find it funny at all. It disturbed me although I couldn't put a finger on why. Maybe it was the adreneline but he seemed too happy after something so stressful and scary and he thought he'd killed the man at that point. Anyway, the guy just didn't sit right with me.

I do not believe his story of being drugged and raped. Okay, he doesn't call cops because he doesn't trust them. But, why would he post it on his Facebook? If it had really happened like he said I would think he would have some level of shame as most rape victims do. Also, having something like that happen is not the image of living home free that he wants to show his fans. Maybe something sexual happened and he was ashamed after the fact but I'm not sure about the being drugged scenario.

If he was drugged and raped then that's a terrible thing to have happened and I'm sorry for doubting his story but there's no excuse for revenge killing imo.

MOO

I've always been a little worried about the fact that he could easily just whack a guy in the head with a blunt head of an axe.

I know several homeless that do carry axes (Because how else are you going to get a fire started?), but I can't think of a single one who would hit a guy in the head with it, no matter the circumstances. Seriously, go for the leg if you -have- to, going for the head is no longer self-defence, it's attempted homicide.

I didn't say that it does ...

I hear you. In this day and age that was a very dangerous decision. It ended up costing him his life. Not saying he deserved to be murdered, but that decision was a very poor one.

Parents of Kai the hatchet-wielding 'murderer' hitchhiker say he has had behavioral struggles his whole life and was institutionalized for awhile

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ral-struggles-hospitalized.html#ixzz2U6ABIf9w

Interesting that his father doesn't deny any of the abuse claims. He lost custody when Caleb was 4 but the abuse had supposedly been going on since Caleb was an infant (although, I'm not sure how Caleb would know this?) I'm inclined to believe that many of Caleb's abuse allegations are false or exaggerated. But, I've never been a "fan" of this guy so my opinion is colored. Seems like there has to be a reason Dad lost custody. Hmmm...

The father is all over the place, denies Kai grew up in WV (duh) says Kai was placed in treatment foster setting for behavioral disorders and seems to believe Kai's tales of horrific abuse there but doesn't address the fact that when he became separated from Kai, Kai was 4 years old, no longer an infant in a crib.

Bottom Line, Kai's story does not add up and his estranged dad does not seem able to connect those dots.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back