GUILTY NJ - Joe Galfy, 73, brutally murdered at his Clark home, 13 May 2013 *'Kai the hitchhiker ARRESTED*

Do we believe Kai's story? Or do we believe Kai's story was the invention of a moment after reflecting that Times Square is full of cctv cameras?

His story about the rape? Well....I have no idea if it was "rape" but Kai surely had to realize when a 74 year old wealthy lawyer decides to meet a strange homeless kid and immediately invites him HOME for the night then something is up.

Kai could not have been that naive! Plus he apparently had the guy pick him up and take him back home AGAIN! They were probably doing drugs and some sort of argument ensued and.....

This guy seems to make a lot of claims about being abused.
Who knows if any of it is true.

We don't know. Technically he grew up in some kind of "facility" so I'd make a bet he suffered some kind of abuse.

His story about the rape? Well....I have no idea if it was "rape" but Kai surely had to realize when a 74 year old wealthy lawyer decides to meet a strange homeless kid and immediately invites him HOME for the night then something is up.

Kai could not have been that naive! Plus he apparently had the guy pick him up and take him back home AGAIN! They were probably doing drugs and some sort of argument ensued and.....

No, this guy knew the streets.

In hindsight maybe the Jesus guy who ran into those people picked him up for purposes other than a ride and he whacked him with that axe handle for more than one reason?

I'm wondering how he likes Philadelphia.

this guy gives me an Aileen Carol Wuornos vibe. Always a "reason" for bad acts and they all boil down to everyone being abusers who deserve it.

I would not be at all surprised if he is linked to unsolved murders across the continent. MOO

Hi all! Apologies if you have seen this clip from Kai's appearance on jimmy kimmel. This is going to be an interesting case. Although it is creepy that he had that hatchet, I feel more uneasy about his Jesus guy story. It seems too casual to be riding in a car with someone spewing so much evil. Kai however has a lot of redeeming beliefs and things to say considering the life story he has told. Without assuming too much I think the abuse he's endured either physically or by not getting the correct mental help is going to take us on quite a ride...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=Fj7hxITA9Zw

There is most certainly mental illness here. He *sort of* functioned on the streets for a while, but it was bound to get worse without medication.

Wournos is a good example. And she was most definitely mentally ill also.

I can't diagnose, but it does sound like schizophrenia gone too long without medication.

It is very very hard to get Residential inpatient treatment here in Canada for mental illness - especially childhood mental illness and starting that young. That suggests very severe mental illness to me. It is possible he had lomg timeouts or spankings in an attempt to deal with god knows what behavior. My sister has serious mental health issues and one of my children less severe and stable now but early years were challenging so I have some point of reference as to what living wih that is like. I cannot imagine the level required to have young child at a facility for that long.

I have woken up drugged and date raped. I did not murder or see police (should have reported to police retrospectively). I saw public health for std testing. Immediately and at all suggested intervals until I knew I was clear. I also got some counseling and took steps to be safe dating in the future. I took water I did not see poured from someone I had been on several dates with prior....they made me shower, drink a huge coffee I did not want (and later threw up) and delete their contact info from my phone before taking me to my van. Their dating profile was gone when I got home.

Cheryle, I am so sorry for the things that happened to you. Thank you for sharing your perspective/experience.

I think Kai has some pretty serious issues and I wish that whatever they are could have been addressed better when he was much younger, before a man had to die.

'Kai The Hitchhiker' Indicted On Murder Charge

11/13/13 07:06 PM ET EST
ap_wire.png

ELIZABETH, N.J. (AP) — A man who gained Internet fame as "Kai the Hatchet-Wielding Hitchhiker" has been indicted on murder charges in the beating death of an elderly New Jersey man.​

Prosecutors say 25-year-old Caleb McGillvary could face a life sentence if he's convicted. A county grand jury handed up the indictment Wednesday.​

...​

McGillvary is represented by the public defender's office, which doesn't comment on cases.​

The Canadian gained some online fame after intervening in a February assault on a California utility worker in which he described using a hatchet to fend off a further attack.​

well of course he does. He was forced to kill the sleeping gent don't cha know.

:rolleyes:

Not buying the rape story.

Nope. Thinking there is a serious mental health issue attached to this one. Still landing there on this one.

From February 2015:

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2015/02/from_union_county_jail_social_media_celeb_gains_br.html

While in jail since May 2013, charged with the murder of a 73-year-old Clark lawyer, Caleb Lawrence McGillivary has gained a wide following of supporters through social media...

Supporters have raised $7,000 in donations for McGillivary's legal defense, along with funds given to McGillivary's commissary fund in the jail. Miller said McGillivary spends his time listening to music and reading books and letters from supporters...

Authorities have released no new information since the arrest. The case is winding through the court process and no date has been set for a trial. His supporters are also reluctant to discuss the charges, fearing they damage his defense.

March 2017:

Accused killer 'Kai' acted in self-defense against sex assault, lawyer says

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2017/03/accused_murderer_kai_acted_in_self-defense_against.html

His lawyer, John Cito, argued Monday before Judge Regina Caulfield that prosecutor's had presented evidence to the grand jury that is not relevant and is prejudicial, and said prosecutor's had failed to present evidence supporting McGullivary's claim of self-defense.

Cito said police found evidence that Galfy had viewed websites with adult content, had passwords for websites on his computer, and that Galfy had contact information for young men on his cellphone. The lawyer said there was also evidence of sexual activity at the house.

"Something must have occurred of a sexual nature," Cito said. He said McGillvary "was fending off a sexual assault," and that information was never presented to the grand jury.

Union County Assistant Prosecutor Scott Peterson said there was no evidence suggesting a struggle at the house. "If there was, it wasn't much of one. It appears that it would have been one-sided," Peterson said.

I read on one of the pages advocating for McGullivary's innocence that his trial is tentatively scheduled to begin next Spring.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back