NJ - John Nash, 86, Nobel Prize winner, killed in car crash

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
John Nash, Nobel Prize Winner and Subject of 'A Beautiful Mind,' Killed in Car Crash

John Nash, winner of the Nobel prize in economics and the subject of the movie "A Beautiful Mind," was killed with his wife Saturday in a car crash in New Jersey, according to state police.

Nash and his wife, Alicia, were traveling in a taxi on the New Jersey Turnpike in Middlesex County when it hit a guardrail, killing both at the scene, New Jersey State Police Sgt. Gregory Williams said Sunday morning...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...r-subject-beautiful-mind-killed-crash-n363901

I've had the luxury of reading a lot. Although Nash wasn't of my discipline, I had read enough of him to know that he was one of those few grains of sand on our beach who could change the world. People die every day, but I do think this was a significant loss in our world.

RIP to that 'Beautiful Mind' and his most beloved wife, Alicia.

a tremendous loss

:rose: :rose:

Famed 'A Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash, wife, killed in N.J. Turnpike crash
By Ted Sherman and Myles Ma, NJ Advance Media for NJ.com, May 25, 2015 at 8:13 AM

[...]

Nash had been in Norway on Tuesday to receive the Abel Prize for Mathematics from King Harald V for his work, along with longtime colleague Louis Nirenberg, for their work on nonlinear partial differential equations.

Reached at his home Sunday, Nirenberg, who had known Nash since the 1950s, called him a "wonderful mathematician." After flying back with the couple back from Norway, he said they got into a taxi at the airport for the ride back home together.

[...]

~ * ~

<mod snip at poster's request>

:rose: :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members