CATCH THE LATEST WEBSLEUTHS RADIO AS WE LOOK INTO THE TERRIFYING WORLD OF MEDICAL SERIAL KILLERS
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

GUILTY NJ - Julia Miraglia, 87, Leigh Martinez, 31, decapitated, Ocean Twp, 8 June 2004

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Casshew, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

OCEAN TOWNSHIP, New Jersey -- Authorities said a man decapitated and cut off the hands and feet of his grandmother and former girlfriend Tuesday.

Rosario Miraglia, 31, called police after emerging from his grandmother's two-story home covered in blood, said county prosecutor John Kaye.

When police entered the home they discovered the bodies of 87-year-old Julia Miraglia and 31-year-old Leigh L. Martinez.

Officials said Martinez was the mother of Miraglia's child and lived with the older woman.

A carving knife and a meat cleaver were found on the first floor next to the grandmother's body.

"It's one of the more disturbing (crime) scenes I've seen," said police detective Lt. Antonio Amodio.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/06/09/nj.killings.ap/index.html

2. mommyd

mommyd Inactive

I swear, what in the world is up with these kook's decapitating people lately????? :eek: This makes the 4th or 5th case I've heard about in just a few weeks time! My gosh!

3. txsvicki

txsvicki Active Member

I noticed all the cases lately, too. Are people copycatting the other crimes that they hear about or what?

4. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators