GUILTY NJ - Karen Muglia, 46, beaten to death, Piscataway, 30 March 2008

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by RWill1974, Apr 1, 2008.

1. RWill1974

RWill1974 New Member

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I'm really interested to see how this develops. It just irks me that authorities have to protect the 17-year-old's identity.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Body found in Piscataway, teen charged with murder[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]RICHARD KHAVKINE[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Gannett New Jersey[/FONT]
    PISCATAWAY — A 46-year- old township woman's lifeless body was found in her Spencer Street home Monday and police have charged a 17-year-old in her murder, the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office said Monday night.

Karen Muglia's body was found late Monday morning in the basement of her home by police, who were dispatched to Muglia's residence at the request of a relative after Muglia failed to show up for work.

An investigation by township police and the Prosecutor's Office lead to a juvenile, identified only as "V.M.," the prosecutor's office said Monday night. The juvenile was charged with murder.

The prosecutor's office cited state law with regard to juveniles in not releasing further details on "V.M.," who is being held in the county Juvenile Detention Center in North Brunswick pending a preliminary hearing in Family Court.

Muglia's death is still under investigation. Investigators said they hope to determine the cause and time of Muglia's death following an autopsy.

The Prosecutor's Office said it would wait on autopsy results and conclude its investigation before determining whether to try "V.M." as an adult.

Anyone with information on Muglia's death is asked contact township Police Detective Sergeant David Powell at (732) 562-7650, or Investigator George Trillhaase of the Prosecutor's Office at (732) 745-3809.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080401/UPDATES01/80401004

2. Loading...

3. MsRusty

MsRusty New Member

I hope he indeed is tried as an adult. I'm sick and tired reading about these little punks commiting atrocious crimes. He wanted to act big and bad, put him away for life.

4. Amraann

Amraann Former Member

Why does it irk you?
    As it is children have few rights in this country.

5. MsRusty

MsRusty New Member

You weren't asking me, but I'll tell you why it irks me as well.....I think a 17 yr old who commits an adult crime should be treated as such. Children have plenty of rights, I learned this personally 10 years ago when I had an out of control daughter who kept falling through the cracks of our lousy system because "she had rights".
    Once they decide to try him as an adult we'll learn his identity.

6. MCDRAW

MCDRAW New Member

When a 14 year old child can go to the Doctor and get any medication that they want. I have no say in what they are prescribed or even know why they are prescribed. But I have to pay for it. I think they may have more rights than I do.

7. Floh

Floh Former Member

What she said!

8. Floh

Floh Former Member

Maybe the age should be lowered to 14 to constitute an adult?

9. MsRusty

MsRusty New Member

Exactly!!
    During those bad years I wanted the doctor to put her on BC and because my 13 year old said NO, it was no...because that's her right.

She was addicted to drugs, because she was refusing treatment she couldn't be placed in a facility....because that's her right. When I asked doesn't my word mean anything the answer was no.

I called the police once (well many times) because she hitting the walls with a bat creating big holes and when any of us came near her she'd threaten to bash us, the police got there they hauled me and the ex to the police station to question what 'we did to make her do that'....nothing was done to her period.
    It was a terrible time...

10. lviola

lviola New Member

totally agree with you. Same happened with my out of control daughter

11. RWill1974

RWill1974 New Member

Amraann, now don't start with all that touchy-feely-every-child-is-special crap. The "kid" is 17-years-old. Practically a legal adult. It's about RESPONSIBILITY. Whatever happened to that concept? Well, I suppose it's society's fault he killed that woman? Mommy and daddy didn't love him enough?

C'mon, get real.

12. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

13. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

14. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From October 2010:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/10/piscataway_man_who_killed_moth.html