NJ NJ - Kevin Carroll, 18, Trenton, 21 Dec 1978

Discussion in '1970's Missing' started by apearn, Dec 24, 2019.

1. apearn

apearn Paratrooper John Doe, May 1984, Florida #UP1254

Missing Person / NamUs #MP34012
    Missing Age 18 Years
    First Name Kevin
    Middle Name Alvin Jude
    Last Name Carroll

Sex Male
    Height 6' 0" (72 Inches)
    Weight 150 lbs
    Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Location Trenton, New Jersey
    County Burlington County

Circumstances of Disappearance: Kevin advised family that he was being discharged from McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey and would be returning home. His belongings were sent to family; however, he never made it home.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

His home of record appears to be Salem Oregon

[​IMG]

theshadow45 and YaYa_521 like this.

2. glamourkitty1922

glamourkitty1922 Well-Known Member

There seems to be nothing on the internet about Kevin. How sad. He just disappeared from the face of the Earth.

theshadow45, apearn and YaYa_521 like this.
  3. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Every Body's Name Matters

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

This UID was entered into NamUs four days ago. I can't get over the descriptive and visual similarities between John Doe and Kevin but, there's a problem. JD was found 8 days before Kevin's last known contact date and about one hour away in Lima, PA. This makes me wonder about the accuracy of their data entry and/or reporting info? I'm not convinced or insinuating an error happened but I can't put aside the possibility. (I'll look for and post a link to a case I read recently wherein the date found was entered as the same date as the profile creation date. MSM articles had an accurate date of a few days before.o_O)

More info on Kevin would especially be nice. He was last known to be leaving from about 30 minutes away to go home to Trenton, NJ. When exactly was he discharged from the AFB? When did his belongings arrive and how were they delivered? Was he driving, hitchhiking, or had a pre-arranged ride? What's his story? Did he usually wear a necklace and watch? Was he known to grow a mustache at times? Does his pic represent his civilian look? I just wish we knew more about him and John Doe.

Here are the visual features I keep getting drawn towards:
    • Bottom lip width and shape
    • Top lip divot width
    • Puffiness or jiggliness (ya know what i mean?) at corners of mouth
    • Thick, dark, eyebrows - their shape except for the unibrow messiness
    • Nose shape and size (UID looks a little swollen) especially the width at the adenoids area which kind of bulges out on both Kevin and JD
    • Freckles
    Am I seeing things? :confused: Should I call my eye doctor for an exam?:cool::p

apearn likes this.
  4. apearn

I like that Lima case for a comparison but Lima John Doe has an earring and other jewelry that is just not feeling right to me for a young guy recently discharged. On the flip side of that is that the discharge was for a seizure disorder so being found in a creek isn't out of line with an accident.

The dates are a problem but it's not unheard of for record keeping to make mistakes.

YaYa_521 likes this.
  5. Savemecastiel

Savemecastiel Well-Known Member

Bumping

theshadow45 and apearn like this.
  6. theshadow45

theshadow45 Well-Known Member

Possibly Belleville John Doe? Doe Network: CASE NUMBER - 5UMNJ and NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) profiles. He was found buried in a shallow grave on 2 June 1979 and is believed to have died during the winter of 1978. He is described as being approximately 18-22 years old, 5'6"-5'8" tall (Low compared to Kevin's listed 6' tall but within a few inches; decomposition can often throw off particularly weight estimations but also height.), weighing between 140-160 pounds, and having brown hair. Belleville, NJ is approximately 66 miles from Trenton, NJ, Kevin's last known location. Thoughts?

apearn likes this.
  7. Pseudonymph

Pseudonymph Well-Known Member

McGuire Air Force Base is not in Trenton. It's actually quite a distance from there. upload_2020-3-24_17-7-15.png

theshadow45 and apearn like this.
  8. apearn

I like it. Send it in.

There were skull fragments by a motel somewhere nearby that I sent in a while back. I didn't get a response (and it's not on the rule-out list) but they added the photo of him.

9. theshadow45

theshadow45 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the correction, you're right. McGuire is approximately 16 miles outside of Trenton. I was going by Trenton, NJ being what was listed above for his last known location and assumed that's where the base was.

Pseudonymph and apearn like this.