GUILTY NJ - Michael Hawkins, 23, & Mariah Huff, 18, murdered, Camden, 22 Feb 2010

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
The body of a woman that was found by a snow bank in a yard in Camden, New Jersey has been ruled an overdose.

The bodies of a young couple found in two graves nearby probably not overdoses.

I'll find a better link as there's more information about the young couple. The house behind which they are buried is a subsidized housing project. Formerly Section 8. The da*n slumlord who rents it out said he'd goten letters about drug dealings going on at the property in the past. Sooooooooo what ya going to do about it from New York city while you're hauling in all that loot? Sorry these owners do not care.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/85946457.html

The two bodies found in graves in a Camden back yard have been identified.

Michael Hawkins aged 23 was shot and suffered blunt force injuries. Muriah Huff aged 18 was strangled and had blunt force trauma injuries.

Today I read an article about the woman found dead of an overdose. She has not been named, but it was sad. People knew her as a prostitute and a friend said she had recently been to a rehab and been clean for a bit. She went back out and now has been found dead. Dead, alone in the snow. She's someone's daughter.

Hawkins and Huff are kids. To me that's so young. Authorities are asking anyone with information to come forward. That I highly doubt will happen.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/crime&id=7304425

Kathyleen Trimble's mother didn't believe her daughter commited suicide. Trimble was living in Camden to be closer to her methadone clinic and had just recently spoke to her mom about seeing her son for his birthday.

This is the woman that the chick had talked to the reporter about in my last link. I thought they ruled it an overdose. Trimble's boyfriend has been arrested for trying to make her death look like a suicide.

Also someone has been arrested in the deaths of Hawkins and Huff I heard on the news. I'll look for a link for the person responsible. I'm glad that LE cares enogh to not just let these deaths go. These are people's children, sisters, brothers. No matter the way they chose to live nobody deserves to be murdered and just left like that.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/86506687.html?cmpid=15585797

Kathyleen Trimble's mother didn't believe her daughter commited suicide. Trimble was living in Camden to be closer to her methadone clinic and had just recently spoke to her mom about seeing her son for his birthday.

This is the woman that the chick had talked to the reporter about in my last link. I thought they ruled it an overdose. Trimble's boyfriend has been arrested for trying to make her death look like a suicide.

Also someone has been arrested in the deaths of Hawkins and Huff I heard on the news. I'll look for a link for the person responsible. I'm glad that LE cares enogh to not just let these deaths go. These are people's children, sisters, brothers. No matter the way they chose to live nobody deserves to be murdered and just left like that.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/86506687.html?cmpid=15585797

I'm glad LE didn't blow off Kathyleen's mother's instincts....You're right - she, Hawkins & Huff didn't deserve to die like that. :(

ETA: updates on arrest in Hawkins & Huff murders

Posted on Fri, Mar. 5, 2010

Man charged in Camden double homicide; 7 others sought

A Camden man was charged with murder today in the death of Michael Hawkins, who was beaten for hours - until most of the bones in his face were broken - and then shot and stabbed, officials said.

After Hawkins was dead, he was buried in the backyard of the home where he was killed.

"For Hawkins, it was a torturous death," said Jason Laughlin, spokesman for the Camden County Prosecutor's Office.

Dennis Welch, who was charged today, was among a group of people who bound, gagged, beat, and repeatedly shot and stabbed Hawkins shortly after he and his girlfriend arrived at the home in the 500 block of Berkley Street in the early afternoon of Feb. 22, officials said.

Hawkins' girlfriend, Muriah Ashley Huff, 18, also beaten, was strangled in the South Camden house. Authorities did not charge Welch, 19, in her death. Officials believe at least eight people were involved in the two killings.

Authorities declined to release additional details on Huff's death.

"These people suffered for a length of time before they finally died," Laughlin said. "There is a cruelty and callousness in the way they died that's shocking."

more here :(

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/20100305_Man_charged_in_Camden_double_homicide.html

Prayers to their families. And may they rest in peace now.

Salem

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/86704092.html?cmpid=15585797

excerpt:
Life was hard for Michael Hawkins even before he was born, and based on what prosecutors said in a Camden courtroom yesterday, his final hours were even worse.

Hawkins, 23, of Mount Holly, who lived in 17 foster homes as a child, was found dead last week, buried in a shallow grave in the back yard of a rowhouse on Berkley Street, Camden, with his girlfriend, Muriah Ashley Huff, 18, of Cinnaminson.

Yesterday in Camden County Superior Court, Dennis Welch, 19, of Camden, was arraigned on murder charges, accused of beating Hawkins until most of the bones in his face were broken, shooting him several times, and finally stabbing him until he died, all over the course of a few hours on Feb. 22.

"This is a particularly brutal case," Assistant Camden County Prosecutor Mary Alison Albright said. "He was bound and gagged. This didn't happen quickly."

Girl, 14, charged in vicious group murders

By Sam Wood
INQUIRER STAFF WRITER
Posted on Mon, Mar. 8, 2010

A 14-year-old Camden girl was charged with murder today in the grisly slayings of a man and a woman found buried last month in the backyard of a South Camden rowhouse.

The girl was among a group of at least 10 people who beat and strangled Muriah Ashley Huff, 22, of Cinnaminson on Feb. 22, authorities said.

Members of the same group also killed Huff's boyfriend, Michael Hawkins, 23, of Mount Holly.

Hawkins was bound and beaten for hours - until most of the bones in his face were broken - and then shot and stabbed repeatedly, said Jason Laughlin, spokesman for the Camden County Prosecutor's Office.

The couple were buried before dawn Feb. 23 in one grave, Laughlin said.

The girl, who was not identified because of her age, has been in custody since March 3 at the Camden County Youth Detention Center, Laughlin said.

Two other juveniles and an adult were also charged today in the slayings.

The juveniles, both 17-year-old males - one from Pennsauken, the other from Astoria, N.Y. - were each charged with two counts of murder and were being held at the county detention center, Laughlin said.

more here

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20100308_Girl__14__charged_in_grisly_group_murders.html

This just keeps getting worse.

You're right, it does keep getting worse. I may take break from this site for a while.
Thanks Texas Mist for all your updates.

Camden's a mighty tough place. Really tough.

Thank you all who were kind enough to care about people that most others just figure "Well they're in Camden that's what you get".

Prayers for everyone involved here. Families, friends, and especially the children.

Wow, close to home for me.. I know the name Michael Hawkins; one article says Mount Holly the other Maple Shade; I wonder which town.

I'm so glad we didn't choose Camden for hubby to be treated, Philly is much safer.

Has anybody read by Huff & Hawkins were targeted?

The talking heads on our news mentioned gang related violence, TM. Supposedly Hawkins was at some point in with the crips? So the news said. Miss Huff had just been along with him as his girl. She was not the target.

I found this link that states such. I think it may already be on here somewhere.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/87313777.html

Wow, close to home for me.. I know the name Michael Hawkins; one article says Mount Holly the other Maple Shade; I wonder which town.

I'm so glad we didn't choose Camden for hubby to be treated, Philly is much safer.

Roselvr, Michael Hawkins had lived in so many different foster homes and more after coming of age it could be both.

Yes, we are so much safer over here.:innocent:In all seriousness we do have some of the best teaching hospitals in the world here. Thinking of you and hope hubby is feeling a bit better. Stay tough, RL.

14 year old Shatara Carter pleads guilty in the torture killing of Muriah Huff,18.

The soft spoken, bespectaled teen also known as "Fiesty Ru" described how she and her homegirl "finished off" Ms. Huff after Kuasheim "Presto" Powell pistol whipped the woman and beat her with a chair until it broke.

Just a few years ago Shatara Carter was the kind of girl who put Dora The Explorer and pink hearts on her Myspace. Now Fiesty Ru which is her gang name admitted she's the kind of girl who beat, strangled and stabbed a young woman to death.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/94901724.html

Fiesty Ru aka Shatara Carter was sentenced yesterday for her role in Muriah Huff's death. Muriah was beaten, stabbed, strangled and suffocated.

No one came to say goodbye to 14 year old Carter until her mother fresh out of jail for allegedly beating anoher daughter with an ashtray hurried into court.

"Mommy!" Carter sobbed as she cranned her neck to see her mother. "That's my mommy"

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loc...s_in_slayings__Camden_teen_wants__mommy_.html

If Fiesty Ru is 14 years old and she is required to serve 85% of her sentence before she is up for parole how old will that make her if she does get paroled then?

It's like one of those math questions we used to have in school. I am completely nill with the math skills.

She is getting 20 so she'd be 34 if she served full time, but what about the 85%?

If Fiesty Ru is 14 years old and she is required to serve 85% of her sentence before she is up for parole how old will that make her if she does get paroled then?

It's like one of those math questions we used to have in school. I am completely nill with the math skills.

She is getting 20 so she'd be 34 if she served full time, but what about the 85%?

20x0.85=17 means she will have to serve 17 years to serve 85% of a 20 year sentence. She is 14 now so she will be 14+17=31.

I hope I don't get banned for this, but these people are total degenerates!

Unbelievable.

20x0.85=17 means she will have to serve 17 years to serve 85% of a 20 year sentence. She is 14 now so she will be 14+17=31.

Thank you, jjenny. 31 then? Hmmmmmm. For such a horrific crime.

Joe no way will you get banned. They tortured that poor, poor girl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back