NJ NJ - Mindy Jordan, 46, missing from cruise ship off Atlantic City, 11 May 2008

http://wcbstv.com/seenon/woman.overboard.death.2.723277.html

The woman who fell to her apparent death off a cruise ship on Mother's Day off the coast of Atlantic City was the victim of an abusive relationship, her mother told CBS 2.

Louise Horton said she saved her daughter's voice message fearing the worst – that because of an abusive relationship, she wouldn't come home.

"Abusive relationships don't get better," she told CBS 2.

Horton's fears came true when authorities say her 46-year-old daughter, Mindy Jordan, mysteriously plunged off a Norwegian Dawn cruise ship Sunday. Horton says she found out about the tragedy from Jordan's boyfriend, Jorge Caputo, who nonchalantly called from the ship. (more at link)

I'd like to hear that voice message. Why would a 46 yr old woman tell her mother she fears for her life and then go away with this person?

Also from the article, the cruiseline stated they can't investigate until they come back to NY? What's up with that?

I'm sure that much drinking was involved. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

on edit.. I see that she was apparently in an abusive relationship, and with that history, I hope this is investigated thoroughly.

I'd like to hear that voice message. Why would a 46 yr old woman tell her mother she fears for her life and then go away with this person?

Also from the article, the cruiseline stated they can't investigate until they come back to NY? What's up with that?
Maybe the ship needs to be back to conduct a full investigation? They probably still have thousands of passengers who expect a vacation. And they might get the best evidence while the boyfriend, and potential witnesses are still on board..

Nancy Grace is going to be talking about this story tonight. Her show is on now.

CNN Headline News channel

The woman who fell to her apparent death off a cruise ship on Mother's Day off the coast of Atlantic City was the victim of an abusive relationship, her mother told CBS 2.

Louise Horton said she saved her daughter's voice message fearing the worst – that because of an abusive relationship, she wouldn't come home.

Horton's fears came true when authorities say her 46-year-old daughter, Mindy Jordan, mysteriously plunged off a Norwegian Dawn cruise ship Sunday. Horton says she found out about the tragedy from Jordan's boyfriend, Jorge Caputo, who nonchalantly called from the ship. (more at link)

I am so not surprised by this.

Maybe the ship needs to be back to conduct a full investigation? They probably still have thousands of passengers who expect a vacation. And they might get the best evidence while the boyfriend, and potential witnesses are still on board..

Vise ve- George Smith case- they (cruise line) just settled with his bride of all of 5 days out of court in lieu of a wrongful death suit. Not that anything would have come of it. Imo, international waters jurisdiction issues are a hotbed for a crime waiting to happen, and as you can see, does.

wow...I know people that went on a cruise to Bremuda last week. They were on a moped and got hit by a car. Not a good time to be on a cruise to bermuda.

they had to be life flighted back to the states to have surgery. Their daughter is getting married in a less than a month.

Vise ve- George Smith case- they (cruise line) just settled with his bride of all of 5 days out of court in lieu of a wrongful death suit. Not that anything would have come of it. Imo, international waters jurisdiction issues are a hotbed for a crime waiting to happen, and as you can see, does.

Re: The George Smith case.....how do you all feel? Accident or not?

I don't feel that this case with Mindy Jordan is an accident. :mad:

So much for giving him the benefit of the doubt.

What a . When is this going to end?

Wonder if this was preplanned? Anyone know what the penalty is for Murder 1 on the high-seas?

:furious:
GRrrrrr
fran

Re: The George Smith case.....how do you all feel? Accident or not?

I don't feel that this case with Mindy Jordan is an accident. :mad:

I have always felt that George's new wife knows more than she is saying. :silenced:

wow...I know people that went on a cruise to Bremuda last week. They were on a moped and got hit by a car. Not a good time to be on a cruise to bermuda.

they had to be life flighted back to the states to have surgery. Their daughter is getting married in a less than a month.

Cruiselines seriously discourage the passengers from renting the mopeds in Bermuda...the roads are so narrow there. I know...my ex-husband and I rented a moped when we cruised to Bermuda. :chicken: I hated every minute riding that stupid thing.

Now let's see if I have this right....his gf falls off the ship and he is still continuing on to Bermuda. What a . I think, if he was really distraught...like most people would be...they could get him off the ship!
"To the moon.....Alice...straight to the moon" Jackie Gleason as Ralph

She could have been trying to get away from the BF by climbing onto the next balcony. Maybe he wasn't allowing her to leave the room and she was afraid. If he really did not touch her, it still isn't murder or a crime. I could see her doing that if she wanted to get away from him bad enough and with a few drinks...she may not have taken into account the danger she was facing.

Again, they don't "pluck" people off a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean!! I had some friends that went on a family cruise for Xmas one year and their father died of a heart attack at sea. They were required to stay on the ship until they docked which as I recall was a day or two...at that time, they were allowed to fly with him back to the States.

humm---- after looking at the picture in post #78, it's apparent to me anyway, that it's possible to climb from balcony to balcony.
Now doing that in high winds would be a little tricky.

I went on a cruise in late January this year. My wife and I had a room adjoining a room for our kids, both with balconies. I suppose you could have climbed from one to another, but I would never try. Here's a picture from our balcony that kind of shows the layout:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468//WS/DSCN4706.jpg

Thanks ! You always come through with good photos.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back