NJ NJ - Howell, UncMale 40-50, UP52540, Hoodie, Memorial Band, Sz8 Nike, Dental Bridge, Sept'18

unless they were a college student and not really from that area but living or working there.

Howell isn’t really a college town.

My gut still tells me he is a local and sadly his death has to do with opioids. As a previous poster mentioned, opioid addiction is rampant in this area. Even the rich suburban towns aren’t exempt. I can rack off at least 5 people without thinking from my graduating class alone that died from heroin overdoses, and many more than that if we are including the upper and under classman.

He would be good but he went missing in 2005 before Kyle died. Kyle died I believe in 2008 . Still good call on the skateboarder!

There's nothing to indicate he died when he went missing. He might have been couch surfing or maybe bumming rides to skateboard events around the country or something like that--drugs and drifter lifestyle that eventually caught up with him. Hypothetically anyway.

There's nothing to indicate he died when he went missing. He might have been couch surfing or maybe bumming rides to skateboard events around the country or something like that--drugs and drifter lifestyle that eventually caught up with him. Hypothetically anyway.
You know actually carbuff you do have a great point there!

Howell isn’t really a college town.

My gut still tells me he is a local and sadly his death has to do with opioids. As a previous poster mentioned, opioid addiction is rampant in this area. Even the rich suburban towns aren’t exempt. I can rack off at least 5 people without thinking from my graduating class alone that died from heroin overdoses, and many more than that if we are including the upper and under classman.
sorry. not at all familiar with the area. wouldn't rich suburban kids have parents looking for them, though, even if they were druggies? I can't find any NJ missing people that seem to fit. I didn't say he was probably homeless, but that would be one reason (there are a few others) why someone hasn't reported him missing in that area. Financial positions change. 2008 was when the stock market crashed. He could have been a victim of downsizing. Homeless people don't start off that way. they have families and are cared for until they run away or their caretakers die. People seek medical treatment when they are insured. They can lose their job or they quit without having another one lined up. Their car is repossessed. They get evicted. They have nowhere to go. Older dental work is still going to be there. It wouldn't go away just because they find themselves in a financial pickle later. The dental work could contribute to a financial pickle. Drug use could have accelerated a decline from rich suburban kid to runaway living under bridges saving everything he has for his next fix. But, for logistical reasons from the description of the steep incline to get under the bridge, I would have to think that there would be much better bridges to squat under.
There's also a very slim chance that the bracelet was geocached and is completely throwing off the investigation.
If he is a local with rich parents, then perhaps they just think he ran away and think his lack of contact is voluntary.

Fwiw
Checking through images for clothing styles ect. in this soon to be released film.Wondering if any of those young women have ever heard rumours of a missing ( possible)skateboarder, or know of the memorial bracelet- maybe it belonged at one time to a gf of the uid. speculation, imo.
ETA
Wondering if the UID male was a fan/member of this group considering his skull and bones jacket?

Last edited:
I have a list of links to Kyle G's memorials and other related items, if anybody thinks they might have leads to our dude here. I didn't see anything that looked immediately useful though. I don't think we're going to find him/her/them/other pronoun of choice directly through Kyle's connection though.

Jaclin, we have a well known tent city here and many abandoned houses. (It used to be located in Lakewood, bit moved to Howell.) I think its unlikely that he'd be living under that bridge. In the past 10 years we've had a lot of people leave the town and a lot of new people come in, so it probably would be obvious if someone up and disappeared if they weren't close to family or were having problems with drug addiction.

I don't think the watch is going to be very helpful tbh... the photo we have is a stock photo and casio watches are very common/mass produced for years. I wish we had more info to work with.

Has it been confirmed the skeleton was actually wearing the bracelet and watch or were they just found in the area of the body? Is it possible they aren't even connected?

I am curious if the bones showed any old breaks etc which can help indcate whether they were a skater (the dental bridge does make that possible, though it can also indicate someone who was in prison previously). This person could still be a victim of a crime if they were not close to relatives and the only people close to them were involved/never reported them missing.

Well there has been an update from prosecutor, see link. Seems body has been there a long time (as we suspected) and over 200 bracelets were distributed. They are going to resort to DNA testing and maybe a DNA profile to draft an image of what the person possibly looked like.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.app.com/amp/1351411002

The article includes some pictures of the area where the remains were found--not a lot of interest but you can see the bridge and how deep the ravine under it is. And it says the estimate for getting the DNA results back is about three months.

FWIW I had an extremely similar watch pre-2010; I can't compare precisely as it's been years, but IIRC had two Illuminator watches with basically the same face and a fabric/leather strap somewhere between 1998? and 2009. Obviously this person hasn't been there since 1998, just to give a bit of background and I am pretty fuzzy on the timing other than pre-2009. (Not to rule out the same watch still being available in 2009 or later; I just wasn't wearing a watch often anymore so I wasn't looking.)

I agree with those above who advise not putting too much weight on the watch. The light-up function is kind of cool, but I mostly chose it because they were pretty cheap but still reasonably sturdy. I suspect that's likely true of a lot of people who bought them, possibly including the MP.

I also wonder if that's the actual watch in the photo or just a similar one; not to be morbid but those fabric bands tended to absorb sweat and gunk even when not on a decomposing body, and it looks pretty clean... I don't think that means much either way, just thinking out loud.

I hope this kid finds their name and their way home soon.

I also wonder if that's the actual watch in the photo or just a similar one; not to be morbid but those fabric bands tended to absorb sweat and gunk even when not on a decomposing body, and it looks pretty clean... I don't think that means much either way, just thinking out loud

It states up thread it is a stock photo of the watch

The article includes some pictures of the area where the remains were found--not a lot of interest but you can see the bridge and how deep the ravine under it is. And it says the estimate for getting the DNA results back is about three months.
If you want pictures of the area, I have to go down that way on Monday and can take some.

Well there has been an update from prosecutor, see link. Seems body has been there a long time (as we suspected) and over 200 bracelets were distributed. They are going to resort to DNA testing and maybe a DNA profile to draft an image of what the person possibly looked like.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.app.com/amp/1351411002

I noticed that the article doesn’t mention the sex of the skeletal remains.

This makes me wonder if it’s more likely that they are of a younger adolescent or even a preteen:

“Sex-related skeletal features are not obvious in children's bones. Subtle differences are detectable, but they become more defined following puberty and sexual maturation.”
Written in Bone - Male or Female?

Generally speaking, a child or an adolescent is more likely to be reported missing by family than an adult, IMO. But then what if the remains belong to a young person whose death resulted from abuse or neglect? If the abuser(s) was already estranged from their family, they could have moved away shortly thereafter, and perhaps no one would notice that the victim was missing.

This may be an angle to consider.

I am also very curious as to whether they have been able to obtain any useful information (e.g., serial number) from the dental bridge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back