NJ NJ - Howell, UncMale 40-50, UP52540, Hoodie, Memorial Band, Sz8 Nike, Dental Bridge, Sept'18

Mike, thank you for posting all that information!

Such a sad thing, how drugs have taken hold of the area. I'm from a small town outside Boston and the epidemic hasn't quite hit our town, but the skaters in our area have always been involved in drugs, so I can imagine it's even worse in your area where drugs are prevalent. Even with all the assumptions, people who disappear should be reported missing.

It's safe to say the UID didn't know Kyle or knew him very casually from traveling in the same circles. He most likely died in 2008-2009. It could have been drugs, but I'm also wondering if he could have sustained a head injury while skating and either wandered away or was dumped. If he was on the younger side of the spectrum, his friends could have panicked and thrown his body off the bridge. Unlikely, but in a community that has a poor relationship with the police, it's a possibility.

Do you have any idea how many kids skated at the Incline? Do you have any theories on why a kid would be hanging out in Howell if he wasn't from the town? I come from the kind of town where if you're not from there, you're from the next town over.

Btw - my college roommate was from Toms River!

I'm from Monmouth County, am active in the Police/Fire/EMS community, and, most importantly, frequented Incline before it closed. Short answer: This could be just about anybody. To my memory, I never met Kyle, but I do remember when he died (pretty much everyone does- it was a pretty bad situation). Those bracelets sat in a bowl at Incline for months after Kyle died, and even people who didn't know him wore them. Another kid who frequented Incline died two years later and we did the same thing. People from all over the state hung out there because there are so few indoor parks and Scotty Cranmer was/is a big deal.

The dental bridge and clothing indicates to me that this person was definitely a member of the skating community. I strongly believe this isn't missing Seton Hall student JF, and if rumors are correct, he has already been ruled out as the deceased.

Some other things: The flooding we experienced several weeks ago almost definitely uncovered the remains, as it was intense enough to wash out a lane of the bridge and pretty much wiped that whole area clean. If you go back about a month on the Howell Police Dept Facebook page, you can see pictures of the bridge where the remains were found when it was flooded. Howell did not experience any significant flooding during Sandy, mostly wind and rain. Anything under cover (like a bridge) would have remained mostly untouched.

My strongest feeling about this case is that whoever this is has not been reported missing by their friends or family. Our area (Brick, Howell, and Toms River/Lacey especially) has a massive opioid problem and a lot off people just fall off the face of the earth. It's not uncommon for people between 18-25 to go missing and show up dead at a drug house a year or two later. A lot of people also go out of state to resolve their issues and reappear a few years later with a steady job and balanced life. I think it's easy to assume someone got shipped off to rehab and forget about them.

My two theories:

1. The deceased was a drug user and either died under the bridge or got dumped there by whoever they were using with. (Very likely)

2. The deceased was a victim of a hit-and-run and was hidden under the bridge. That bridge looks like it's in the middle of nowhere, but there are houses on either side of it and a bunch of neighborhoods around it. Kids bike up and down that road all the time. (Somewhat likely)

Sorry for the novel- everyone around here is stumped about this as well (and we have the benefit of looking through all of our embarrassing high school skate pictures). I've combed through every album I could find, but no one has the sweatshirt shown in that photo. It has always bothered me to think how many people are just out in the woods somewhere unfound, and it has bothered me even more ever since I realized how many times I've driven or biked over that bridge in the last ten or so years.

I don't know who else is local in this thread- if anyone has any questions they'd like answered, please let me know.

Welcome Mike! Thank you for the local info.

Mike, I am also in Howell. I was looking at the creek there and the bridge on Lakewood Allenwood got washed out at about the same time as this one. Any chatter on whether they think the remains were washed down at all?

No specific chatter about that, but from what I understand, what was found was very close together. I don't know if you could expect that kind of intactness from getting washed that distance?

Mike, thank you for posting all that information!

Such a sad thing, how drugs have taken hold of the area. I'm from a small town outside Boston and the epidemic hasn't quite hit our town, but the skaters in our area have always been involved in drugs, so I can imagine it's even worse in your area where drugs are prevalent. Even with all the assumptions, people who disappear should be reported missing.

It's safe to say the UID didn't know Kyle or knew him very casually from traveling in the same circles. He most likely died in 2008-2009. It could have been drugs, but I'm also wondering if he could have sustained a head injury while skating and either wandered away or was dumped. If he was on the younger side of the spectrum, his friends could have panicked and thrown his body off the bridge. Unlikely, but in a community that has a poor relationship with the police, it's a possibility.

Do you have any idea how many kids skated at the Incline? Do you have any theories on why a kid would be hanging out in Howell if he wasn't from the town? I come from the kind of town where if you're not from there, you're from the next town over.

Btw - my college roommate was from Toms River!

The area is a little tricky to visualize from the photos on the news, but it's a very steep incline to get down that hill and under the bridge. It's also covered with brush and thorns all year round. To my memory, I don't think there ever used to be a trail going doing there from the road, but I may be wrong about that.

I think if someone was down there, they were trying to hide something. Whether that was shooting drugs or a body of a kid they hit with their car/etc, I don't know. I just think it would be a little tricky to get down there and remain out of sight accidentally, even if you were disoriented from a head injury.

There were a handful of groups that were at Incline almost every weekend (my and my ratty friends were one of those groups), but there were also dozens of people who came from out of town every day. It would be impossible to gauge how many people were there even on a monthly basis, unfortunately.

And Howell is kind of a tricky place- even if you're not from there, you could be staying there. There's a lot of mass-housing and short term subletting because there's cheaper options (old houses, trailer parks, etc). People bike between bus stops often. There are also homeless camps in the woods, but the only large/organized one is about a ten minute drive in a car.

This mp looks interesting, off-hand cannot recall if he has already been mentioned or not. rbbm.
Arkadiy Tashman – The Charley Project
Caucasian male. Light brown/ash-blond hair, gray/blue eyes. Arkadiy's nickname is Ark. He is a Russian national who emigrated to the United States in 1996. He is fluent in Russian and English. He has scars on both arms and his right ear is pierced.
He is an avid skateboarder and investigators have searched for him at skateboard parks in Brooklyn, Greenwich Village, Staten Island and the East Village of Manhattan in New York City.
  • arkadiy_tashman_2.jpg
  • arkadiy_tashman_3.jpg

I wonder if the UID is from the area where the memorial bracelet came from Brick NJ?
The only thing that makes sense to me, if indeed it's not family is that it is someone from Brick or the surrounding area that knew him. Family says they don't know who it could be, so that makes me think it has to either be a friend or possibly someone that went on the memorial ride.
Apparently Kyle was a BMX bike rider and they had a "Ride for Kyle" event: Ride For Kyle Guidice At Incline Club | Ride BMX

Perhaps the UID went to that event and was a bike rider or skate boarder?
It think it's a very good possibility the bracelet came from that event unless his school had another event and passed them out. I wonder if there would still be records indicating who registered for that event. I imagine it wouldn't be hard to determine if any of those people are missing, if they had a list. If the school, it shouldn't be very hard to determine from class lists if any are missing. Time consuming, maybe, but not terribly difficult. I also wonder how old this body is to still have one of those memorial bracelets tied to it 10 years later. We may be looking for someone who has been missing up to 10 years.

Agreed, wondered if this uid was female and thinking the shoes might provide better clues, but that light up watch is interesting - maybe someone working student job at night, in the dark like a movie theater, a camper? speculation.
I wouldn't read too much into the light up watch. I had a Casio illuminator calculator watch through my mid 20s, and I just got it because I liked the watch. The light up feature was just a bonus. I don't even remember if I used that function.

MadamX, I am pretty sure that is Sofia/Ricardo. At least the one mentioned in the . All of the details match what she said.

So that seems like a rule out. I think we might need to wait for the autopsy to be able to look for a good match. I can't think of why anyone from out of the area would be where this body was found, tbh. It really seems like they must be from Brick, Howell, Lakewood, or Jackson to me.
unless they were a college student and not really from that area but living or working there.

I am also not finding it at all. I'm thinking they would have had to have died after 2012, since Sandy caused extreme flooding in the area, and it seems like a lot of those items would have been lost and not found with the body if it had gone through several floods as skeletal remains.
would they still have been wearing the memorial band 4 years later, though?

well, I wish I would have read about the bracelets being available to everyone at the skate club earlier. That doesn't narrow it down much, but based on the bracelet and the aging watch, I think he's been there since 2008. other groups that might go missing and not be reported missing in that area could be foreigners or homeless individuals. Hopefully there is some dna evidence that will come up with a match somewhere, even if it's at gedmatch.

well, I wish I would have read about the bracelets being available to everyone at the skate club earlier. That doesn't narrow it down much, but based on the bracelet and the aging watch, I think he's been there since 2008. other groups that might go missing and not be reported missing in that area could be foreigners or homeless individuals. Hopefully there is some dna evidence that will come up with a match somewhere, even if it's at gedmatch.

But the watch wasn't manufactured until 2010.

ETA: See this post NJ - NJ - Monmouth Co, Hooded Sweatshirt, Memorial Band, Sz 8 Nike Shoes, Dental Bridge, Howell, Sept2018

I think the answer to this case probably lies somewhere in the depths of Myspace
Been looking through it today. My cousins were skaters back in the day. One is from Howell, and one is from Jackson. Trying to dig through their connections on there to look for either that jacket or someone that i can't currently locate.

The area is a little tricky to visualize from the photos on the news, but it's a very steep incline to get down that hill and unduer the bridge. It's also covered with brush and thorns all year round. To my memory, I don't think there ever used to be a trail going doing there from the road, but I may be wrong about that.

I think if someone was down there, they were trying to hide something. Whether that was shooting drugs or a body of a kid they hit with their car/etc, I don't know. I just think it would be a little tricky to get down there and remain out of sight accidentally, even if you were disoriented from a head injury.

There were a handful of groups that were at Incline almost every weekend (my and my ratty friends were one of those groups), but there were also dozens of people who came from out of town every day. It would be impossible to gauge how many people were there even on a monthly basis, unfortunately.

And Howell is kind of a tricky place- even if you're not from there, you could be staying there. There's a lot of mass-housing and short term subletting because there's cheaper options (old houses, trailer parks, etc). People bike between bus stops often. There are also homeless camps in the woods, but the only large/organized one is about a ten minute drive in a car.

I don't think the clothing found on the UID and having the bracelet indicates a poor or homeless person. Nike's cost $, and didn't you have to pay to enter the incline park? They also had expensive dental work.

I would say date of death would be more 2009-2010, Kyle passed end of November 2008. So the memorial bracelet prob would have been available at least a few months after he passed. Mike07728 said he recalls them being at the incline park, so he may be able to recall month year of the benefit or when they were available?

This mp looks interesting, off-hand cannot recall if he has already been mentioned or not. rbbm.
Arkadiy Tashman – The Charley Project
Caucasian male. Light brown/ash-blond hair, gray/blue eyes. Arkadiy's nickname is Ark. He is a Russian national who emigrated to the United States in 1996. He is fluent in Russian and English. He has scars on both arms and his right ear is pierced.
He is an avid skateboarder and investigators have searched for him at skateboard parks in Brooklyn, Greenwich Village, Staten Island and the East Village of Manhattan in New York City.
  • arkadiy_tashman_2.jpg
  • arkadiy_tashman_3.jpg
He would be good but he went missing in 2005 before Kyle died. Kyle died I believe in 2008 . Still good call on the skateboarder!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back