NJ NJ - Mt Laurel, Malibu Grand Prix, NonWhtFem 25-35, UP1451, leopard print scarf, Oct'04

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Police have produced a sketch to help identify the remains of a woman found last year behind the former Malibu Grand Prix entertainment center on Fellowship Road in Mount Laurel.

The cause of her death is a mystery, authorities said yesterday.

Construction crews installing a temporary fence found human skeletal remains in a wooded lot behind the old miniature racetrack facility on Oct. 26.

Donna Fontana, a forensic anthropologist with the New Jersey State Police, worked with a sketch artist to put a face on the woman, who was likely Asian, Hispanic or American Indian.

She was between 27 and 37 years old and between 5-foot-1 and 5-foot-5 in height, weighing 100 to 125 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.

A leopard print scarf, a vinyl or leather jacket, two blouses - one with lace - were found with the remains, police said. Tommy Hilfiger jean shorts or skirt and youth-size 51/2 Nike sneakers also were discovered.

No reported missing person has been matched to the woman, police said. They said she could have been dead as long as five years.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/states/new_jersey/12089785.htm

I've looked at this one a number of times since it is so close in area (I live in Bucks County, PA) but the closet I've really ever come was Brooke Clark from Texas, missing since 2001. One flyer says she was wearing a leopard print dress with a tie around the neck, another flyer says she was wearing jeans and a tank top. A lot of other things don't match up with her though.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200301129W

Here's the reconstruction in case this link goes poof.

2783757210045078242S600x600Q85.jpg

Carl, can you adjust the contrast or enhance the reconstruction for us? The image LE provided is so faint.

You suppose this is one of those cases where they messed up the DLC?

Nayell O. Cruz
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cruz_nayell.html

cruz_nayell.jpg
2512094540045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

I saw her Charley update today, and saw New Jersey and immediately thought of the Malibu Grand Prix Girl. She looks like her Spot-on, and was last seen only 30 miles away.

But the Date of Last contact is after the date of discovery, and the remains were estimated to have been there as long as 5 years.

BTW, if she has been there up to 5 years, how do they know that her eyes are brown? :waitasec:

the remains were estimated to have been there as long as 5 years.

BTW, if she has been there up to 5 years, how do they know that her eyes are brown? :waitasec:

The NAMUS link states that the probable year of death for the UID was 2003 or 2004 (she was discovered Oct. 26, 2004) so it sounds like the original speculation on the remains being there for up to 5 years may have been incorrect.

This case is very close to home (in a literal sense) so I am hopeful that this UID gets her identity back one of these days.

Here is a possible match although some of the variables don't align. I frankly don't think they know some of the particulars of this UID.

Stephanie Lewis (no photo) was a Native American woman missing from North Carolina on October 12, 2004. She was looking to get to Virginia when last seen at work at a hotel. (was she hitchhiking?)

In any event Stephanie was 21 y.o., was 5'3" and weighed about 100 pounds. She was listed as having brown hair and green eyes.

The timing is good and the height and weight are right. Hair is off and I don't put much stock in the eye color listed with the UID.

If she was hitchhiking then the location of her body is not a problem. I do think that the UID is probably overdressed for someone hitchhiking but anything is possible.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15172/11/

Looks to me like they made some statistical guesstimates based on the Asian/Native characteristics. Not reliable at all.

If the UID is Stephanie Lewis then she was dead for no more than 2 weeks. The original post said that authorities speculated that the body could have been there for as long as 5 years.

Do you think they could be THAT wrong? I mean I was tempted to submit Stephanie's name but that is a huge discrepancy with the dates. Also it looks like they have DNA for both although there is no reference to the type of DNA they have for each.

NAMUS lists one ruleout:

Michelle Lokker

I wonder if the other possibles have been submitted?

It is said that she was found in a wooded area off of Fellowship Rd in NJ by Malibu Grand Prix. I took that to Google Maps Streetview. The road is close to I-295 and today (2015) is quite built up and has numerous hotels. Given age/location of decedent, was she snatched from a motel? The road is not directly off the Interstate but rather comes directly off of county or state roads, which could indicate the dump site of a local. I was able to find what purports to be the location of the former Malibu Grand Prix property. The back of the property is adjacent to I-295. That would indicate a highway dump. I found contradictory info as to when the property shut down, 1995 or 1999. The NJ State Police website is unclear as to where the body was found.

The composite that CarlK posted is not in NAMUS but some pictures of recovered clothing are.

Youth 5.5 size is equivalent to women's 7, which is not ridiculously small but still would look small and delicate on a 5'3" individual.

Wow, this could be nothing, but...

Chin Suk Kim Beshears is wearing a leopard skin shirt in her photo. Her height and weight match the UID. She is older than the estimated age of the UID but I have no idea how they come about an estimate of 25-35 years, exactly, from skeletal remains. That seems questionable. The circumstances of her disappearance are that her shop had been raided for being a brothel and she vanished without a trace a week later with rice cooking and two children left behind. Possible links to organized crime?

I think the face could be a match. The police composite isn't much to go on.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3384dfal.html

Okay, I have emailed the NJ State Police and I left a message for Mt Laurel Township. I have requested contact back so I will wait a few days and see what turns up.

Should I contact the police in Alabama as well?

You suppose this is one of those cases where they messed up the DLC?

Nayell O. Cruz
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cruz_nayell.html

cruz_nayell.jpg
2512094540045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

I saw her Charley update today, and saw New Jersey and immediately thought of the Malibu Grand Prix Girl. She looks like her Spot-on, and was last seen only 30 miles away.

But the Date of Last contact is after the date of discovery, and the remains were estimated to have been there as long as 5 years.

Has there ever been more uncovered here? Is it possible the date was wrong? I mean, for how close those images are and the fact that she went missing 30 miles from where the body was found... that's pretty significant, to me.

I've noticed that the UID and Beshears both have DNA in the system but if I had to guess they got mtDNA from the skeletal remains and nuclear DNA from one of Beshears' children. I will check with LE in a few weeks to see if they can rule Beshears out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back