NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

Colts Neck fire: Monmouth County prosecutor to give update on Caneiro murders Thursday

Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni will hold a news conference Thursday morning to provide an update on the investigation into the murder of a technology CEO and his family at their Colts Neck mansion last week.

Snip

The press conference will be held at 11 a.m.Thursday at the Prosecutor's Office headquarters in Freehold.
I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that he will use the words “4 counts of murder.”

Mitchell J. Ansell, one of Paul Caneiro's defense attorneys, said Wednesday night he doesn't know what the prosecutor plans to announce at the news conference or whether additional charges are forthcoming against his client.

"I can't predict the future,'' said Ansell, of the Ocean Township law firm Ansell, Grimm and Aaron. "I don't know what they plan on doing.''

At a news conference last week, Gramiccioni repeatedly refused to say whether Paul Caneiro was a suspect in the murders.

But Ansell said Wednesday, "I think it was pretty safe to say at the onset, the prosecutor is looking at our client. It seems to me, from what I've heard, they were looking for a connection.
Colts Neck fire: Monmouth County prosecutor to give update on Caneiro murders Thursday

Mitchell J. Ansell, one of Paul Caneiro's defense attorneys, said Wednesday night he doesn't know what the prosecutor plans to announce at the news conference or whether additional charges are forthcoming against his client.

"I can't predict the future,'' said Ansell, of the Ocean Township law firm Ansell, Grimm and Aaron. "I don't know what they plan on doing.''

At a news conference last week, Gramiccioni repeatedly refused to say whether Paul Caneiro was a suspect in the murders.

But Ansell said Wednesday, "I think it was pretty safe to say at the onset, the prosecutor is looking at our client. It seems to me, from what I've heard, they were looking for a connection.

I’m thinking the press conference might have to do with the new evidence given to PC’s defense attorney. The same evidence that postponed today’s hearing until Friday. JMO

“We have a lot of jittery people that have questions that we don’t have answers to,” said Mayor J.P. Bartolomeo, who nonetheless said that he believes the crime was an isolated one and that the community is safe.
[snip]
Police say Paul Caneiro used gasoline to fuel the fire at his two-story Colonial in Ocean Township, about 10 miles from his brother’s jarringly modern, all-white $1.5 million home in Colts Neck, which sits next to a small organic farm with sheep dotting the pasture.
[snip]
Paul and Keith Caneiro were the principals in two businesses, a computer systems company called Square One and a pest control business, both housed above a trendy cafe in Asbury Park. Workers in the area frequently saw Paul Caneiro there. Keith Caneiro often worked from home, Volshteyn said.
[snip]
The company, then known as Jay-Martin Consulting after the brothers’ middle names, had 26 employees at the time and installed computer systems for Citibank and interactive kiosks at the Statute of Liberty. Paul was his brother’s first hire.

Enclave on edge as mystery persists in New Jersey mansion fire, deaths | Boston.com

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that he will use the words “4 counts of murder.”

I’m out there with you on that limb. I think he will want to announce those charges before the detention hearing on Friday, if possible, so that PC won’t be released. The new evidence will back up the charges, or at the very least, prevent PC’s release until they have enough to charge him with more. But I’m staying out on the limb awaiting murder charges tomorrow.

I am not sure it would be wise to move forward with more serious charges that quickly. I don't think they could have formed that strong of a case in a week. I think they should be thorough and methodical, they only get one shot at this.

The prosecution isn't going to brief the defense on their press conference. So the defense doesn't have to play dumb, they likely do not know what will be announced either. They could guess, but attorneys are not in the business of guessing. There's a reason they try to never ask a question if they don't already know the answer.

I am not sure it would be wise to move forward with more serious charges that quickly. I don't think they could have formed that strong of a case in a week. I think they should be thorough and methodical, they only get one shot at this.

The prosecution isn't going to brief the defense on their press conference. So the defense doesn't have to play dumb, they likely do not know what will be announced either. They could guess, but attorneys are not in the business of guessing. There's a reason they try to never ask a question if they don't already know the answer.
If they don’t move forward with more serious charges, this guy is likely to be released on bond.

That cannot happen.

Last edited:
6484650-6439779-Prosecutors_say_Paul_right_after_a_car_accident_which_gave_him_a-a-2_1543457491089.jpg

Prosecutors say Paul (right after a car accident which gave him a limp) set fire to his home using gasoline while his wife Susan, (center left) and daughters Marissa, 23, (second from right) and Katelyn, 26, (left) were inside the home

A highly anticipated court date has been pushed back to Friday after the lawyer of a New Jersey man whose brother was found killed in his mansion along with his family says new evidence has come to light in the case.

Paul Caneiro, 51, was set to appear on Wednesday in Monmouth County Superior Court in central New Jersey for a detention hearing on an aggravated arson charge.

Caneiro has been accused of setting fire to his Ocean Township home while his wife and two daughters were inside, according to NJ Advance Media.

Mystery as ‘new evidence’ delays court appearance for man accused of setting his home alight | Daily Mail Online

Murder charges filed in Colts Neck fire. Man killed his brother's family, set house ablaze, cops say
Updated 4:10 AM; Posted 3:19 AM
29 Nov 2018

Paul Caneiro is charged with four counts of murder in the killing of his brother, Keith Caniero, 50, Jennifer Caneiro, 45, and the couple's two children, according to online court records. Their bodies were discovered Nov. 20 after authorities responded to a fire at their massive Colts Neck estate.

Caneiro was also charged with possession of a firearm and possession of a weapon for unlawful purpose, according to warrants entered into court records shortly before 6 a.m. Thursday.

The Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office has scheduled a press conference Thursday at 11 a.m. to announce an update in the case.
Murder charges filed in Colts Neck fire. Man killed his brother's family, set house ablaze, cops say

We read about so many monsters on here, but possibly stabbing your young nieces and sister-in-law while they slept and then shooting your own brother and burning down their house??? How much of a monster can you be to go through with that? Sickening.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back