NJ NJ - Newark, BlkFem 18-40, UP17575, Tattoos: Tiara, Purple Rose, 3 Stars on Neck, Mar'18

Reached out to Survivors Ink re: tattoos. SI "exists to raise awareness and to empower human trafficking victims by breaking the psychological chains of enslavement through beautifying, removing or covering their physical scars, markings and brandings that are constant reminders of a violent past."

They came over to this link and had a look at the tatts, responding "It is possible it is a coverup of a trafficking tattoo, but as most brands do not follow a theme (rather. they carry unique meanings to the carrier - usually something that is personal between the victim and their trafficker), there really is no telling. The stars also may carry different meanings as some are attributed to different groups/gangs. However, we do not have a record of a tattoo recipient in NJ with that brand."

So no answers there, but what an awesome organisation, hey?!

Reached out to Survivors Ink re: tattoos. SI "exists to raise awareness and to empower human trafficking victims by breaking the psychological chains of enslavement through beautifying, removing or covering their physical scars, markings and brandings that are constant reminders of a violent past."

They came over to this link and had a look at the tatts, responding "It is possible it is a coverup of a trafficking tattoo, but as most brands do not follow a theme (rather. they carry unique meanings to the carrier - usually something that is personal between the victim and their trafficker), there really is no telling. The stars also may carry different meanings as some are attributed to different groups/gangs. However, we do not have a record of a tattoo recipient in NJ with that brand."

So no answers there, but what an awesome organisation, hey?!

That's indeed an awesome organisation....Wouw!! Also very good thinking and doing @Melt71 Great!

Sometimes it's so very hard to sift through missing persons cases, finding out if they are still actively missing. I came across this lovely girl, who reminds me of this UID. I tried to find out if is still missing but I couldn't find any "formal" missing persons file or the fact that she was found. Maybe someone else can help out. Missing since Wednesday 9/6/2017. Maybe she is to young to be this Jane Doe....

21317795_10154708195747413_7402451773306527304_n.jpg

Sometimes it's so very hard to sift through missing persons cases, finding out if they are still actively missing. I came across this lovely girl, who reminds me of this UID. I tried to find out if is still missing but I couldn't find any "formal" missing persons file or the fact that she was found. Maybe someone else can help out. Missing since Wednesday 9/6/2017. Maybe she is to young to be this Jane Doe....

21317795_10154708195747413_7402451773306527304_n.jpg

I don't think she is missing anymore. I found a facebook for her where she had updated her profile photo only 6 days ago to one of those new video photos. (I won't link to it but it's easy to find).

Thanks for continuing to look for matches, BOH.

I don't think she is missing anymore. I found a facebook for her where she had updated her profile photo only 6 days ago to one of those new video photos. (I won't link to it but it's easy to find).

Thanks for continuing to look for matches, BOH.
The profile you found isn't her, but I did find her active profile (confirmed through her mother, who shared her missing poster in 2017). So, no longer missing either way!

If the cropped image on NAMUS is the actual tattoo, the letter looks much more like an N than it does in the sketch. I'm putting my vote in for Tiana and that the tattoo is definitely a coverup.

I wouldn't 100% rule out the decedent's name/nickname being Tiana though, maybe she was young and got her own name tattooed on her, and as she aged thought it was silly and got it covered up.

Are there any tatoo artists here that can clarify if that's an N or an R?

Looks like Tiara to me. An old fashioned cursive R.

Yes, that's been the discussion in this thread. Some of us see an R some of us see an N. Police thinks it's an R. Could be both. Both names searches didn't bring us any further at this moment.

Possibly already suggested meaning of 3 stars...
Star Tattoo Meaning You Didn't Know - Ideas and Places - The Sanviable
"Three-Star Tattoo Meaning
If the stars are aligned in a sequence with each star being bigger than the last, then this tattoo represents a journey that was taken. An actor or actress might get this tattoo to mark the journey they took from being a small-town actor to becoming an A-list movie star."
ETA
Wondering in this case if the stars on her neck might suggest the uid was a singer, maybe on her way to NY to" make it "?
Could Tiana/Tiara be her former name, perhaps even a last name?

Last edited:
It's probably nothing but I have to post this here, just share with a couple of more eyes.

Missing since 2014

Mitchelle Deborah Hicks – The Charley Project

She has a tattoo on her chest, can't see what it says. Looks like the left (wrong) site. She also had a tattoo in her neck (not stated what kind) besides others, 5"5' (same as Jane Doe) would be 30 now (Jane Doe 16- 40, pre 40)

hicks_mitchelle_tattoo.jpg

It's probably nothing but I have to post this here, just share with a couple of more eyes.

Missing since 2014

Mitchelle Deborah Hicks – The Charley Project

She has a tattoo on her chest, can't see what it says. Looks like the left (wrong) site. She also had a tattoo in her neck (not stated what kind) besides others, 5"5' (same as Jane Doe) would be 30 now (Jane Doe 16- 40, pre 40)

hicks_mitchelle_tattoo.jpg
Is that “Camille”? “Cameron”?
O/T - I’ve found one marriage record for her (just a quick search) and the name is nowhere close to what the tattoo looks like...
5F95134B-ACD6-40A4-A8BD-273893FE5ADA.png
I can barely see her neck tattoo peeking through and it looks to be another name or word(s), so I don’t think it’s stars (JMO) Do you know offhand if Mitchelle has a thread here? (BTW- she (Mitchelle) has one exclusions listed UP13729 04/07/2015 Caddo OK)

O/T - I’ve found one marriage record for her (just a quick search) and the name is nowhere close to what the tattoo looks like...
View attachment 218233
I can barely see her neck tattoo peeking through and it looks to be another name or word(s), so I don’t think it’s stars (JMO) Do you know offhand if Mitchelle has a thread here? (BTW- she (Mitchelle) has one exclusions listed UP13729 04/07/2015 Caddo OK)

OT UP13729 is identified btw. Veranda Anita Flores.

View attachment 218233

I think you are right about Camile or the like. I can see it now.

No tattoos, may have been previously suggested, just in case..
3 Theories Explaining Phoenix Coldon's Disappearance

HelloBeau
Coldon seemingly vanished in a depressed and crime-ridden part of East Saint Louis, a nearly 30-minute drive from her home. Reportedly, her SUV was left in the middle of a traffic lane, still running, almost as if she had been suddenly interrupted during her drive.”

How incredibly frightening!! :eek::(

Coldon seemingly vanished in a depressed and crime-ridden part of East Saint Louis, a nearly 30-minute drive from her home. Reportedly, her SUV was left in the middle of a traffic lane, still running, almost as if she had been suddenly interrupted during her drive.”

How incredibly frightening!! :eek::(

There is so much to this missing story. There are a lot of different accounts on where her car was found, if it was running or not, if the doors were locked or not etc.

What about Toi Michel Toi Mitchell – The Charley Project A little less height, a little on the older site of the age range. What stand out to me is that Jane Doe doesn't seem to have her ears pierced.

Original
toi_mitchell_1.jpg
No mention of tattoos, but am I seeing things or is there something on her neck?? She does look like a good match! Ears look really similar, eyebrow shape... I wish there were images of the UID’s teeth. I think it’s worth submitting!

(Just created a thread for Mitchelle btw: TX - TX - Michelle Deborah Hicks, 25, Wharton, 12 July 2014 )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back