NJ NJ - Newark, BlkFem 30-50, UP11246, on riverbank, distinctive jewelry, Apr'13

The Namus entry was updated after this article, so I think it was a different body.

On Namus the date found for this UI is April 22, 2013 and for the UI in the article, the date found was also April 22nd, 2013.
Maybe the article was poorly written?, and the UI is one and the same?

The Namus entry was updated after this article, so I think it was a different body.

I couldn't edit my last post, but I found the info on Namus and the body was found on April 22, 2013

From Namus below

"Status Unidentified
Case number 07130700
Date found April 22, 2013 00:00
Date created April 25, 2013 08:29
Date last modified April 29, 2013 11:43"

The date from the article about woman UI found in the Passaic River in Newark

"on April 22, 2013 at 9:27 PM, updated April 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM
A woman's body was recovered in the Passaic River near the intersection of the McCarter Highway and Center Street in Newark tonight, police said."

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2013/04/woman_found_dead_in_passaic_ri.html

I live in an area with many Eritreans. The women wear crosses that look a lot like that. My first thought seeing the picture was just that. How come they cannot say which race she is, at least they would be able to tell from the hair one would think. Eritreans and Ethiopians are light skinned but they do look African. Did she not have any other clothing than thermal underwear or was that the only item they have released? If she wore traditional clothing that look like what they wear in that region you might need thermal underwear not to freeze to death. They wear very thin almost seethrough long dresses and a loose headscarf in particular when they go to church. Other days of the week they usually wear western clothes and the women do not have a headcovering. (this is the way where I live at least).

Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Crosses;
Cross12.jpg

Several in this photo matches the UID's.....

I definitely see similarities MadeaBecBec, in the photo you posted and this UI jewelry.
I don't personally see an exact match, but I definitely see the resemblance to the jewelry pieces.

From the photo that MadeaBecBec presented, then possibly we can deduct that this UI was Ethiopian Orthodox perhaps because the jewelry is so similar.
On Dec. 29th in Jersey City, New Jersey, the Bisrate Gebriel Orthodox Tewahedo Church celebrated the Feast of Saint Gabriel at the Sacret Heart Church.
Maybe this UI was there perhaps at the festival, then drove elsewhere and was found in the Passaic River. Namus stated that this UI could have been deceased in 2012 or 2013.
Here is a link to that church and festivities from Dec. 29th, 2012

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2012/12/ethiopian_orthodox_church_cele.html

"The parish has been holding religious services at Sacred Heart Church for the last two months, Alemayehu said, adding that it is an important place for the growing Ethiopian community in Jersey City and the tri-state area."

Treelights.... I would definitely pass that info on to LE. Excellent job.

I am a licensed funeral director in New Jersey and have access to the Electronic Death Registry system. It is not uncommon for unidentified remains to sit at the medical examiner's office for a few years before a funeral home is authorized to remove and bury the remains. Until a funeral home "takes the case" online when they are going to bury (each death is entered into the EDRS system), each individual case not taken by another funeral home is still searchable. I looked up April deaths in Essex County (Newark). This UID is the same as the one in the article. There were no other UID deaths of females in Essex County listed for the month of April.

Yesterday I sent an e-mail in regards to this UI , the Tewahedo Crosses and the Bisrate Gebriel Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church, etc, (info from my post #26) to Namus, and this afternoon I received an e-mail back that they are passing this info along. :)

Madeabecbec, the age is off & the date is off IF (as according to NamUS) the body had indeed been in the water for at least 2 weeks. However, at this point I do think we should focus on missing women of African descent, simply because we have no other information on race except for the Ethiopian/Coptic style jewelry.

http://rockville.patch.com/topics/Tonya+Simms

Tonya Simms, 53, left a group home at Chadwick Lane on Tuesday at around 9:30 a.m. but never made it to her final destination, a group home in the Kemp Mill area, Police said. According to police, Simms suffers from paranoid schizophrenia and has a heart condition. Simms is described as an African-American woman, about 5-foot-4 and between 100 and 130 pounds.

Just a thought. It know it is 3hr and 36 mins between where Tonya Simms, who went missing on Mar 12, 2013, when she got on a Metro bus and where the UID was found. But according to what I've read about her, I wonder if she could've become confused. The height and weight match up, but her age at 53 is at the upper end of the estimate.

PS - I apologize if I'm doing this wrong, I don't often post.

Even though I have no idea the race of this UID, here is a missing female, last seen on April 20th, 2013, reported missing four days later, from Willimantic, CT. A 2 hour drive to Newark, NJ!
Story here; http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/05/search_for_missing_eastern_con_1.html
12710978-mmmain.jpg

Alyssiah Marie Wiley

Alyssiah Marie Wiley was found deceased, so she can't be this UID.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...tified-as-Missing-ECSU-Student-207994761.html

"Human remains found in a wooded area in Trumbull yesterday have been identified as Alyssiah Wiley, who had been missing since April 20."

The long-johns make sense if she was outside in the middle of winter. JMO

I live in an area with many Eritreans. The women wear crosses that look a lot like that. My first thought seeing the picture was just that. How come they cannot say which race she is, at least they would be able to tell from the hair one would think. Eritreans and Ethiopians are light skinned but they do look African. Did she not have any other clothing than thermal underwear or was that the only item they have released? If she wore traditional clothing that look like what they wear in that region you might need thermal underwear not to freeze to death. They wear very thin almost seethrough long dresses and a loose headscarf in particular when they go to church. Other days of the week they usually wear western clothes and the women do not have a headcovering. (this is the way where I live at least).

When you said "headband" I immediatly thought of Sharon Simpkins..missing from NY

Newark Police found the woman, whose identity was not immediately released, in the river in the area of Center Street and the McCarter Highway
The point in the river where the body was recovered is less than one city block from the New Jersey Performing Arts Center.

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2013/04/woman_found_dead_in_passaic_ri.html

I think this is the same UI.
BBm
From your link..
"The point in the river where the body was recovered is less than one city block from the New Jersey Performing Arts Center".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back