Identified! NJ - Orange, BlkFem 14-20, UP56847, behind Funeral House, wig, tongue ring, Apr '19 - Mawa Doumbia

I wanted some input, but I think I may very well have a match with a UID and an MP. What do you guys think!?

MP: Angela Bernadotte, Missing since 07/09/15 from Pleasantville NY, Black Fem, 16 yrs old, 5'5" and 165lbs. Ears pierced. "African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Angela may wear her hair in a weave, or wear a wig. Her ears are pierced and she wears eyeglasses." LINK TO MP: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

UID: FOUND April 9, 2019, in Orange, NJ. Black Fem, Adult-pre 20, estimated 14-20 years old, Height 5'2"-5'9", est. year of death 2000-2018. Near skeletal remains- **wearing a red/burgundy/black wig**, large hoop earrings, silver post tongue ring, found in an abandoned carriage house
LINK TO UID: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
PHOTO OF WIG LINKED HERE: https://www.namus.gov/api/CaseSets/NamUs/UnidentifiedPersons/Cases/56847/Images/56719/Original

I think I should submit.

Last edited:
Ciara didn’t wear a wig, she died her hair and also has tattoos. I’m her aunt and I don’t believe this is her.

For your and Ciara's sake I hope it isn't her. But I say there's enough similarities to at least warrant a closer look. I called in very late and got the police department's answering machine so I'm not sure if they received my tip. I'd recommend pursuing this possibility further, y'know leave no stone unturned, but if your that confident that this is not Ciara then that's not necessary.

I hope she returns home safely.

I believe this is very much likely Angela Bernadotte. I spent a good amount of time researching this one. I spoke with the Chief of Police investing her disappearance. As mentioned previously, this is a rough area and unfortunately multiple potential MP fit this general description. When I called it in to mount pleasant PD they wouldn’t even take a report. I emailed the chief directly who responded that they were following up on the lead and it appears promising. I will pray!

Apr 15, 2019
Death of Woman Whose Skeletal Remains Were Found Behind NJ Funeral Home Ruled a Homicide: Prosecutors

A woman whose skeletal remains were found in an abandoned carriage house behind a New Jersey funeral home was murdered, prosecutors say.

The woman’s remains were discovered in a carriage house behind Cotton Funeral Services on Main Street in Orange on April 9, prosecutors and a law enforcement source said.

The Essex County Prosecutor’s Office on Monday said the woman’s death has been ruled a homicide. Authorities have yet to identify the woman.

A law enforcement source last week said there appeared to be a rope or string around the woman’s neck bone, pointing to the possibility that the woman was strangled.

Death of Woman Found Behind NJ Funeral Home Ruled a Homicide

@brow3665 any further feedback from LE?

No. And honestly?? Mount Pleasant PD's response to me bringing this to their attention was quite telling of both their attitude towards these cases as well as the type of area where they are located/she disappeared from.

This was almost a year ago, but I remember some things that the officer said. He said that he pulled the binder in front of him for this timeline and literally had hundreds of cases of missing persons that essentially matched this UP's description. He made a comment about how they have two or three of "those types of schools" here and they report girls missing all the time. I did some research and essentially found that there were a number of "schools" (AKA treatment centers/foster facilities for "troubled youth" funded by the state. I will attach a link to an article.

Regardless, she deserves to have her name back. She was someone's child, you know? It feels almost overwhelming to try to figure out how to solve it.

Mount Pleasant police grapple with local facilities for troubled youth

@brow3665 you can try and contact Essex County Prosecutors Office with your information. They might be more receptive to your information.

Contact information from follow up article
Anyone with information was asked to call investigators at 1-877 TIPS-4EC or 1-877-847-7432.

ID as Mawa Doumbi and serial killer Khalil Wheeler-Weaver (already serving 160 year for the murder of 3 other women) has been charged.

Khalil Wheeler Weaver Charged In 2016 Death Of Mawa Doumbia | Crime News (oxygen.com) "Doumbia’s father and sister said that the last time they saw the teen was on the night of Oct. 7, 2016 as she was leaving their Newark house.
“She was reported missing but efforts to locate her were unsuccessful,” authorities said.
The decomposed remains of a young woman were eventually discovered in an old carriage house on Main Street in Orange, New Jersey on April 19, 2019. Those remains were positively identified as Doumbia’s in November 2021."

www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/nj-mawa-doumbia-15-newark-7-oct-2016.405703/#post-17511088

Finger and toe nails - Acrylic fingernails colored in Pink, Pink Sparkles and Silver Sparkles.

Accessories - Silver post tongue ring, 2 toned silver/gold Vanity Fair wrist watch

Clothing - Blouse brand "Mezzan", Padded bra, size small, brand "XOXO", Pink Victoria Secret underwear size small
1 green sock, 1 pink sock

These things lead me to believe she was closer to 14.

Who owns a property that size and abandons it? If it’s a foreclosure the bank fixes the basics and puts it up for sale.
I visited the funeral home and while the FH itself is in active use, the carriage house in the back is in ruin. There is a fence separating it from the parking lot of the funeral home. This fence must have given him the ability to commit the crime and leave the area undetected. When I visited, I saw a lot of cameras had been put up at the parking lot and pointing at the carriage house. It is currently being used for parking vehicles belonging to the FH. It is a creepy looking place. The perpetrator, Khalil wheeler weaver was definitely knowledgeable of the area and knew a number of abandoned homes here. There is no shortage of abandoned homes / buildings in orange NJ. It's like Detroit on a smaller scale.

This carriage house: I noticed that the 1 st floor (ground level) was being used and the shutters was up. But the second floor above was clearly not in use. There were stairs going up to the second floor from the side of the carriage house. I could guess why the body sat there on the second floor undetected and decaying for 2 years - because it is not in use, and it looked dingy and creepy. I wonder how he was able to lure these girls into these dark and dingy places.

I visited the funeral home and while the FH itself is in active use, the carriage house in the back is in ruin. There is a fence separating it from the parking lot of the funeral home. This fence must have given him the ability to commit the crime and leave the area undetected. When I visited, I saw a lot of cameras had been put up at the parking lot and pointing at the carriage house. It is currently being used for parking vehicles belonging to the FH. It is a creepy looking place. The perpetrator, Khalil wheeler weaver was definitely knowledgeable of the area and knew a number of abandoned homes here. There is no shortage of abandoned homes / buildings in orange NJ. It's like Detroit on a smaller scale.

This carriage house: I noticed that the 1 st floor (ground level) was being used and the shutters was up. But the second floor above was clearly not in use. There were stairs going up to the second floor from the side of the carriage house. I could guess why the body sat there on the second floor undetected and decaying for 2 years - because it is not in use, and it looked dingy and creepy. I wonder how he was able to lure these girls into these dark and dingy places.

Thank you for laying this out. I was wondering about your last question as well. In this article it says:
In each of the five cases, he met the victim online, prosecutors said.

The murders and attempted murder all happened between August 2016 and November 2016.

Read More: NJ convicted serial killer now charged in murder of Newark teen | NJ convicted serial killer now charged in murder of Newark girl, 15

Poor girl. The real world and the digital one can be very dangerous.

Mawa Doumbia, 15

An investigation involving extensive digital evidence found that on October 7, 2016, Wheeler-Weaver met Doumbia online and solicited her to meet him in person for sex.

Doumbia’s father and sister last saw her that evening, as she was leaving the family home in Newark.

In 2019, human remains were found in a vacant carriage house in Orange. They were identified last year as those of Doumbia, and an autopsy confirmed homicide by strangulation.

Wheeler-Weaver traveled near the teen’s residence and then to the site in Orange, where he allegedly<??> strangled her to death and abandoned her body, Stephens announced on Thursday.

I think maybe she came with him willingly at first and than he forced her into the carriage house. It must have been dark? Did you get an impression about that? He must have known about the place IMO, had it all planned out.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p