NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #2

Discussion in 'Past Trial Discussion Threads' started by Greater Than, Feb 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hraefn

Hraefn Verified Attorney

:welcome6: to WS! And thank you for the local perspective, it is always helpful to those of us who haven't been to the area.

2. Gnatcatcher

Gnatcatcher Well-Known Member

3. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the cases of Liam McAtasney and Preston Taylor should be ready to be presented to a grand jury on April 3.

___

Taylor's attorney, John Perrone, is continuing his push for his client's release from jail. Perrone said after court that he filed an appeal on Wednesday challenging Bauman's order denying his release on the grounds that Taylor wound hinder the investigation.

Prosecutors have argued that before his arrest, Taylor had obstructed the investigation by first denying to detectives that he knew anything about Stern's disappearance and then by participating with McAtasney in a search for her to cast suspicion away from them.

Perrone said he argued in his appeal - which he said has been sealed by the court - that that was not enough of a reason to deny his client release from detention.

"The basic premise of bail reform is not to increase punishment," Perrone said.

Prosecutors have until March 27 to file a response, after which time the appellate court would set a date for arguments, Perrone said.

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2017/03/case_of_teens_charged_in_death_of_sarah_stern_set.html

another article:

http://www.app.com/story/news/local/courts/2017/03/16/sarah-stern-murder-indictment/99259718/

[​IMG]
    Preston Taylor on March 16, 2017

[​IMG]
    Both McAtasney and Taylor sported new crewcuts as they appeared before Bauman today. Taylor also has grown a beard since his arrest on Feb. 1.

4. Mica

Mica Well-Known Member

5. jellybean96

jellybean96 Well-Known Member

6. Vanskelig

Vanskelig New Member

Taylor isn't going to win over any jurors with that look. He looks like a seasoned serial killer.

7. BunnyHop

BunnyHop Former Member

8. BunnyHop

BunnyHop Former Member

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2017/03/case_of_teens_charged_in_death_of_sarah_stern_set.html

9. BunnyHop

BunnyHop Former Member

10. 283

283 Well-Known Member

11. Oller

Oller Forever missing you, Baby J.

Thank you for sharing! I am hopeful that PT was not truthful in where SS was placed, and that she was actually placed in the water at Monmouth Beach. (As far as I know, if LM and PT put SS in the location off of the Belmar bridge, it would be a miracle at best for SS to be recovered at Monmouth Beach.) I don't want to speak for everyone, but I believe we all want SS to be recovered so her family can have closure.

(I hate having to put this... innocent until proven guilty, but we all know that PT made a statement to investigators, and LM made a statement to the state's witness, so I hope that LM and PT have a slim to none chance of having their defense lawyers create doubt in the minds of the grand jury!) JUSTICE FOR SARAH!! JMO, MOO, etc.

12. lisette

lisette Well-Known Member

PT's time in jail hasn't served him well..He has lost a lot of weight. Oh boo-hoo!:jail:

13. Veronica27

Veronica27 Active Member

There was a bone found on Sandy Hook Beach. They aren't sure if it's a human bone or not. [emoji29]https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch.com/new-jersey/middletown-nj/amp/26998464/possible-human-bone-found-on-sandy-hook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. NotABenny

NotABenny Member

15. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

So annoying when people find something they think could be human remains, then pick it up.

16. Veronica27

Veronica27 Active Member

I guess anything is possible. It definitely looks like a human femur bone to me. I found this article that gives some different examples of human bodies discovered at sea. https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/news-blog/how-long-do-dead-bodies-remain-inta-2009-06-10/

17. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

So this case is still going to the Grand Jury on Monday, April 3rd??

TIA! :wave:

:rose: JUSTICE FOR SARAH! :rose:

18. Oller

Oller Forever missing you, Baby J.

I've been checking to see if the docket has been posted for this (coming) week for Monmouth County. I didn't find it, but I also haven't heard anything different than the case will be going to the grand jury tomorrow. Will anyone be in attendance tomorrow?

19. Veronica27

Veronica27 Active Member

Has anyone heard anything?

20. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

I haven't seen any updates in MSM since it was mentioned that the case was going to the grand jury on April 3rd (yesterday).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.