Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 #3 *Guilty*

Plz tell me a reporter got a picture of that P O S when the verdict was read! Thank you so much to everyone who shared posts, info, thoughts! I was on here for this. This site kept me sane. What a relief. May the energy that LM and PT put out into the world, be the energy that they receive in the end. Pun not intended, but certainly hoped for.

Thank you for the link Cass523.

Heart breaking, hopefully mr. Stern can really start healing a bit after the sentencing in May. I know the McAtasney fam. is devastated today as well, and I wish them strength too.

“[SBM]

The victim’s father, Michael Stern, hugged his weeping girlfriend, and other family members cried as the jury forewoman announced the verdict.

McAtasney’s mother, sister and other relatives walked out of the courtroom before the jury was dismissed.

McAtasney’s attorney said his client was visibly upset by the verdict, although there were no tears in his eyes.

[SBM]”

Sarah Stern murder: Liam McAtasney guilty on all counts

“[SBM]
The victim’s father, Michael Stern, hugged his weeping girlfriend, and other family members cried as the jury forewoman announced the verdict.
McAtasney’s mother, sister and other relatives walked out of the courtroom before the jury was dismissed.
McAtasney’s attorney said his client was visibly upset by the verdict, although there were no tears in his eyes.
[SBM]”

WTF?

“[SBM]

McAtasney looked straight ahead as the verdict was read, and his defense attorney, Carlos Diaz-Cobo, said his client was ‘visibly upset’ but had no tears in his eyes. ‘There is an appeal to be had here,’ he said.

After the guilty counts were read, members of Stern’s family hugged each other and cried. Detectives on the case, including lead Detective Brian Weisbrot, shook hands and hugged.

McAtasney now faces life in prison at his sentencing May 24.

The jury’s decision came one day after the panel started deliberations in Superior Court in Freehold, where prosecutors presented 25 witnesses and the defense presented just three.

[SBM]

Diaz-Cobo framed his client as an immature young adult who was known to make up stories. That was the case, Diaz-Cobo said, when McAtasney got into his friend Anthony Curry’s car and described in chilling detail how he strangled Stern and then timed her death. The confession was captured on a secret cameraplaced in Curry’s car by detectives.

[SBM]

‘It’s gut-wrenching, it’s hurtful,’ Michael Stern said of the video after the verdict came out. ‘To think that someone pretending to be her friend actually did that to her without any remorse. It’s painful. It’s sad. It’s just horrible.’

Throughout the duration of the trial, Michael Stern sat in the second row of the courtroom flanked by Sarah’s extended family. The McAtasney family sat on the opposite side of the courtroom.

In the well of the courtroom, the defense table and the table where the two prosecutors, Doyle and Decker, sat were stacked. That made it nearly impossible to see McAtasney’s face during the trial. Occasionally he would lean over and whisper in his attorney’s ear.

On one day, several of McAtasney’s friends sat in the courtroom and he turned to them and gave a thumbs-up after they said his name.

But on most days, he sat silently and stared ahead at Judge Richard English. The only time McAtasney spoke was to tell English that his choice was ‘to remain silent’ and not testify.

[SBM]

The trial was thrown into chaos after two jurors were dismissed following a Facebook comment one of them posted about sitting on the jury.

The case will now reach a national stage when specials air on both ‘20/20’ and ‘Dateline.’” (BBM)
Sarah Stern’s childhood friend found guilty of strangling her, dumping her body

“[SBM]

[SBM]”

Visibly upset, his Defense atty. Must have psychic abilities to be able to decern that!

Plz tell me a reporter got a picture of that P O S when the verdict was read! Thank you so much to everyone who shared posts, info, thoughts! I was on here for this. This site kept me sane. What a relief. May the energy that LM and PT put out into the world, be the energy that they receive in the end. Pun not intended, but certainly hoped for.

Spaz I found two videos, I don't know how to put the video itself on here from the APP website. And it will not play for me

WATCH: Sarah Stern verdict read (FULL VIDEO)

WATCH: Sarah Stern verdict read (FULL VIDEO)

WATCH: Sarah Stern verdict read (EXCERPT)

VIDEO: Jury Reaches Verdict In Sarah Stern Murder Trial

Last edited:
I’m guessing PT will also be sentenced the same week or there about as LM.

Thank all of you for your posts here and contributing to the sanity of the insanity. Seriously, it’s been very informative and thorough.

Sarah, May you Rest In Peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back