NJ NJ - Montague, Wht/Hisp/BlkFem 13-20, UP1772, rainbow jeans, poss stocky build, good teeth, Jun'80

There are several of the jeans.
Original

I found this girl, who bears a resemblance to Jane Doe. Nancy Lynn Jason is listed as a 18 y/o caucasian missing from Bethesda, Maryland since summer of 1977 (20/7). She's off on the height, though (5'7 / 67 inches). Just throwing out a suggestion, so feel free to submit!

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Thumbnail

Last edited:
I found this girl, who bears a resemblance to Jane Doe. Nancy Lynn Jason is listed as a 18 y/o caucasian missing from Bethesda, Maryland since summer of 1977 (20/7). She's off on the height, though (5'7 / 67 inches). Just throwing out a suggestion, so feel free to submit!

Thumbnail
My understanding is that this was only a partial skeleton in High Point, so who knows how accurate the height estimate is. I've always wondered whether they have been able (or have tried, since DNA analysis wasn't available when the skull was found) to extract DNA for testing. It seems like our local PD's here either can't afford to send out old cases for DNA testing or just don't make it a priority.

I'm pretty sure she has DNA. She was ruled out fairly quick to shotgun Jane when we submitted her year ago
I suspect - and I may be wrong - that in the case of these UID bones from Montague, they either couldn't get a DNA profile or the local PD doesn't have the resources (financial?) to try. I doubt there is DNA on file for this UID. I hope I'm wrong!

I know the jeans are discussed a couple of times. I think it's a '77 Lee Jeans, called "over the rainbow" that had manny rip off's, even today. 8 lines, no belt loops and very (kind of artificial) small pockets. On the back site of the remains of the jeans, you can still see a little pocket. Front site....I don't see it.

P0.jpg

P0.jpg

upload_2020-6-1_16-48-20.png

1977 would fit in the PMI.

There are several of the jeans.
Original

I'll be shocked if they were her Jean's. They look huge and were near the remains.

I know the jeans are discussed a couple of times. I think it's a '77 Lee Jeans, called "over the rainbow" that had manny rip off's, even today. 8 lines, no belt loops and very (kind of artificial) small pockets. On the back site of the remains of the jeans, you can still see a little pocket. Front site....I don't see it.

P0.jpg

P0.jpg

View attachment 249409

1977 would fit in the PMI.

Yeah, those are the pants. I posted pics a page or so back.

We all wore them in NJ back then.

I'll be shocked if they were her Jean's. They look huge and were near the remains.

Yeah, those are the pants. I posted pics a page or so back.

We all wore them in NJ back then.

I know, you posted a pair of pants that looks a lot like it, but those are a tiny little different then the one they found with Jane Doe. The pants you posted had a a belt loop on the back and no little pocket on the left side. Details I know, not to dismiss your work. I think she was wearing an original.

I think they are still cute.

No ruleouts listed. No DNA but she does have dentals.

I noticed that the jeans size is 34"-35". That would probably be a fairly blocky build for a 61" woman.

I don't think 34-35 jeans is unbelievable for someone who is over 6'. If you're tall, your height balances out your weight to some extent. For example, I'm 5'2'' and wear size 30'' jeans. I don't look big but I have thick thighs and a butt. Men's jeans waist sizes and women's fit very differently!

I tried to find something about this: Some teeth have a star shaped molar crevice pattern. I didn't find where I was looking for.

Does somebody has a clue what this means?

I don't think 34-35 jeans is unbelievable for someone who is over 6'. If you're tall, your height balances out your weight to some extent. For example, I'm 5'2'' and wear size 30'' jeans. I don't look big but I have thick thighs and a butt. Men's jeans waist sizes and women's fit very differently!

61" is 5'1" tall--she is believed to have been between 5' and 5'2".

Is anyone else wondering if this case cold be related to the same "alleged" killer in Beth Doe (Evelyn Colon) case?

Uh...it hadn't occurred to me, but now that you mention it.

There's also Joel Rifkin.

It's the dismemberment thing that struck me. That's not terribly common.
Then there is the proximity to Jersey City, the timeframes, their ages, their descriptions are similar, both with bedsheets at the scenes ......
I don't know. It seems worth looking at him in this one.

I've been wrong before tho o_O

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken