GUILTY NJ - Viktor Alekseyev, 35, found dismembered, Essex County, Dec 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Three additional bags filled with body parts were found dumped in South Mountain Reservation yesterday after a sheriff's officer discovered part of a human leg stuffed in a black garbage bag along South Orange Avenue in Maplewood.

Essex County Sheriff Armando Fontoura said the three additional bags were found near the first bag by the same officer.

"We have legs, arms, thighs," he said. "No feet, torso, head or hands."

Fontoura said the age, ethnicity and gender of the victims or victim was unclear. The remains were taken to the Regional Medical Examiner's Office in Newark.
http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-2/1136785650181240.xml&coll=1

Fontoura said the bags probably were tossed out of a vehicle as it drove into the South Mountain Reservation, which spans portions of Maplewood, Millburn, South Orange and West Orange.

Other bodies and body parts have been found in the reservation in the last 10 years.
http://www.nj.com/newsflash/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-18/1136817548160640.xml&storylist=jersey

Cops probing bags of body parts in Essex

The Associated Press

SOUTH ORANGE, N.J. - Four garbage bags containing human body parts were found over the weekend in a hilly park in Essex County, according to authorities who are investigating the grisly discovery.

The remains, found by a police officer Sunday, were taken to the regional medical examiner's office in Newark for analysis. The age, ethnicity and gender of the victim or victims were not immediately clear.

Fontoura said the bags probably were tossed out of a vehicle as it drove into the South Mountain Reservation, which spans portions of Maplewood, Millburn, South Orange and West Orange.

More:
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/104-01092006-595001.html

Oooh, I'm so glad you posted this here!

My husband and I have a house a few miles away. I first heard about this Sunday night. People were online on the town's web site talking about what they'd heard. Then Monday the article was in the Times. I was dying to talk about nothing but this, but no one else was really picking up on the thread over there!!

I'm sooo glad you guys are interested! Someone did remember seeing a red car and a black truck parked right near there around 3PM the previous Tuesday, along with a garbage bag. Someone else heard a rumor it was parts from not one, but four bodies. I looked up who the previous bodies were, who were found in the reservation. One was a woman from New York whose husband killed her. Another was a couple from Brooklyn. Didn't say who killed them. And the third, I'm unclear. Body in a burned-out-car, not thought to be murder.

I tried looking up who is missing from NY and NJ without much luck. It seems like only some people make the web sites--because I know those can't be all the people who are missing, and there was no one from the last two weeks. What do you guys think??

TRex, why don't you post the articles about the previous bodies there? Body in a burned car, not thought to be a suicide...had the car been in an accident? Sounds like you live in a very active neighborhood!
So you are hearing there are four bodies in the bags?

Well, here's what I found about the woman killed by her husband:

"According to stories in the Post and Daily News, the woman's "common-law husband" confessed to killing her the day after being release from jail on domestic violence charges (july 1). The murder took place in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. It seems the reason he dumped the body in NJ is that he borrowed his mother's car and she lives in NJ."

That's from an old post on a chat board from when that crime happened. I can't find anymore on the couple, except that they were from Brooklyn, or the burned out car.

Ok, I see. At first I was confused thinking the ones just found bagged up related to the others until I read the news story. When I first saw this posted I wondered if the reservation was an Indian reservation? Doesn't seem like a logical explanation now, more like the Patapsco state park in Maryland that has a history of finding dumped murder victims there but it also covers a huge area like this one.

A few years ago during the Laci Peterson case body parts were found at a dumpster but determined to have been put there by a medical student or something when he moved from the area. With the parts being bagged and tossed consisting of limbs could be something like that. Sure hope they figure it out soon.

Eeew! But true. I'd never thought of that. There's a college, Seton Hall, right down the road.

There is also funeral home that is also right down the road, but hopefully they know how to dispose of their body parts ;)

It is a big park--I think it's about the size of Central Park, surrounded by roads, and houses. There's a pretty main road that runs through it. The bodies were found off of the main road.

My first thought was this guy in Staten Island. He shot a mafia guy over a dispute about his daughter. He's out on bail, and is supposedly in hiding.
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/58802.htm
That's a long-shot, though, because there are a lot more Sopanos-type areas a lot closer to S.I.

You'd think they know how to dispose of them yes but I'm also reminded of a recent case in the Pittsburgh area where hundreds of fetus' were found in a storage warehouse that a man who was paid to dispose of them didn't and created a huge mess because authorities then had to try and id them. Most were from abortions and Cyril Wecht was brought in to oversee the case.

From September 2011:

https://www.fbi.gov/newyork/press-r...t-involving-three-missing-or-murdered-persons

Dmitriy Yakovlev, a Russian immigrant and trained surgeon, was sentenced today to 30 years’ imprisonment following his March 2011 conviction for identity theft, bank fraud, and credit card fraud involving three Brooklyn residents who disappeared or were found murdered shortly after encounters with the defendant between 2003 and 2007...

During a three-week jury trial, the government presented testimony of nearly 40 witnesses, including five forensic experts, to establish that Yakovlev exploited the identities of Michael Klein, Viktor Alekseyev, and Irina Malezhik to commit aggravated identity theft, credit card fraud, and bank fraud shortly after each victim disappeared...

In sentencing Yakovlev today, Judge Glasser found that in addition to murdering Alekseyev and Malezhik, Yakovlev also was responsible for murdering Klein...

In February 2011, the defendant’s wife, Julia Yakovlev, pleaded guilty to credit card fraud and aggravated identity theft for her role in the scheme to steal Irina Malezhik’s identity. On August 29, 2011, Judge Glasser sentenced Julia Yakovlev to a term of 36 months’ imprisonment.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...oded-scheme-steal-identities-article-1.957324

"The defendant, for lack of a better way of putting it, is a serial killer," Brooklyn Assistant U.S. Attorney James Gatta said of Dmitriy Yakovlev.

Yakovlev was convicted this year of killing Russian translator Irina Malezhik in 2007 and jewelry importer Viktor Alekseyev, whose dismembered body was found a year earlier in New Jersey woods.

Malezhik remains missing, but her underwear was recovered in the basement of Yakovlev's home in Sea Gate.

Really GREAT article which gives you a lot more information on Viktor and also his killer Yakovlev . After reading this there is no doubt that Yakovlev was a serial killer someone who was in Brooklyn and NJ since 1998. He was involved in real estate which makes me and I believe everyone else wonder how many others he stole their identity and killed for the $$. His wife I believe is out of prison at this point but he still is in.

https://medium.com/@Vit_Jonathan/the-devil-in-little-odessa-65fd60a46b6e#.ssf9g1n7z

Alekseyev’s friends had already come to the conclusion that Yakovlev murdered their friend days after his disappearance. When his body was found, they felt their suspicions were proven right.
“They had numerous discussions with Dmitriy that they found incredibly suspicious,” Abrahams said.
Yakovlev had called Alekseyev’s friends asking if they knew the combination to his safe. He would show up at Alekseyev’s apartment after new tenants moved in and search for Alekseyev’s money.

What is interesting after reading more on this. This guy Yakovlev has been around since 1998 and there was another body at some point found in New Jersey with the same MO cut up in a bag that they believe could of been the work of the same killer.https://medium.com/@Vit_Jonathan/the-devil-in-little-odessa-65fd60a46b6e#.ssf9g1n7z

In October of 1998, a sanitation crew was collecting garbage outside the Ivy Hill Apartment Complex, a sprawling development of ten fifteen-story red brick buildings on the west of Newark, New Jersey.

In 2007, three teenagers were executed behind the Mount Vernon School, in a parking lot across the street from the complex. The killings shook Newark, grabbing national headlines as a clear example of how dangerous New Jersey’s largest city had become.
That October morning, the garbage men noticed a pile of black trash bags strewn amongst the amassed trash. The complex used gray trash bags and sanitation workers were tired of neighboring residents throwing their garbage in the mix.
They grabbed the bags but quickly noticed that they were heavy, in fact, they were much heavier than normal trash bags. The crew tore the black bags open and dumped their contents on the pavement.
Inside were the dismembered remains of what local police could only classify as an unidentified white male. They figured he was Russian, most of the white people living in Ivy Hill were.
There wasn’t much of the man left. Investigators found part of a head, learning that the man had a mustache, and a collection of limbs. The body had been disarticulated in the same manner as Alekseyev’s remains.
“This strongly indicates that this might have been one of his first victims shortly after arriving in the United States,” Abrahams said.
Yakovlev spent a few months living in the Ivy Hill Apartments.
He arrived in the United States in late 1997, emigrating from Yakaterinburg,

http://nypost.com/2010/03/09/seagate-identity-thieves-nabbed-for-murder/
Oooh, I'm so glad you posted this here!

My husband and I have a house a few miles away. I first heard about this Sunday night. People were online on the town's web site talking about what they'd heard. Then Monday the article was in the Times. I was dying to talk about nothing but this, but no one else was really picking up on the thread over there!!

I'm sooo glad you guys are interested! Someone did remember seeing a red car and a black truck parked right near there around 3PM the previous Tuesday, along with a garbage bag. Someone else heard a rumor it was parts from not one, but four bodies. I looked up who the previous bodies were, who were found in the reservation. One was a woman from New York whose husband killed her. Another was a couple from Brooklyn. Didn't say who killed them. And the third, I'm unclear. Body in a burned-out-car, not thought to be murder.

I tried looking up who is missing from NY and NJ without much luck. It seems like only some people make the web sites--because I know those can't be all the people who are missing, and there was no one from the last two weeks. What do you guys think??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back