NJ - William McGuire, 39, found dismembered in Chesapeake Bay, 2004

After awhile we just get so overwhelmed with all these cases and cannot comment on all of them. I read this and very much expressed my disgust as I am sure more will since it has been brought back to the 'front of the line'.

curious1 said:
After awhile we just get so overwhelmed with all these cases and cannot comment on all of them. I read this and very much expressed my disgust as I am sure more will since it has been brought back to the 'front of the line'.
I understand. But which case got more media coverage, for that matter? I don't think this one will ever make the front of the line.

Dark Knight said:
Where is the outrage and the calls for the death penalty for this woman like there is for the Michigan man who dismembered his wife? Typical.

DK,

IMO, part of the reason is this case was not highly publicized and there has been the 'cooling off period' since her arrest. They're hoping people will forget about the horror of the deed.

You see, when a lawyer knows his client is most likely guilty, they opt out of the speedy trial scenario and go through the two or more years of legal wrangling.

She was from a different state so they let her out on bail, thus the not rush to trial, also, IMO. FWIW, I can't believe they let someone out on bail with a Murder 1, (I assume it is), but like I said, different states.

Another thing about the current case of Tara Grant killed by her husband, he initially said she disappeared. Her family began making the media rounds in search of their loved one so by the time her remains were found, it was already national news. I found out about it around Feb 23 from watching the NG show.

I don't know the particulars of this case, but it sounds like she's one evil person if she in fact did this. Male/Female, doesn't matter. A murderer is a murderer and to cut up another human being is just unimagineable.

JMHO
fran

Virigina Beach Detective Ray Pickell testified today that in his first interview with Melanie McGuire, she said she and her husband, William T. McGuire, did not own matching suitcases, and appeared nervous.

But the next day, when detectives searched an Edison warehouse, she told Pickell she and her husband did own a matching suitcase set, he said.

Pickell also said McGuire told him about another storage place only when he asked her if she had one.

Pickell was the latest witness for the state as the murder trial resumed against nurse Melanie McGuire.

http://blog.nj.com/ledgerupdates/mcguire_murder_trial/

The link has day to day coverage of the trial.

If she is guilty I wish they would bind her and stuff her in a suitcase and drop her off a bridge. Can't kill her and cut her up before hand, she needs to suffer.

fran said:
DK,

IMO, part of the reason is this case was not highly publicized and there has been the 'cooling off period' since her arrest. They're hoping people will forget about the horror of the deed.

You see, when a lawyer knows his client is most likely guilty, they opt out of the speedy trial scenario and go through the two or more years of legal wrangling.

She was from a different state so they let her out on bail, thus the not rush to trial, also, IMO. FWIW, I can't believe they let someone out on bail with a Murder 1, (I assume it is), but like I said, different states.

Another thing about the current case of Tara Grant killed by her husband, he initially said she disappeared. Her family began making the media rounds in search of their loved one so by the time her remains were found, it was already national news. I found out about it around Feb 23 from watching the NG show.

I don't know the particulars of this case, but it sounds like she's one evil person if she in fact did this. Male/Female, doesn't matter. A murderer is a murderer and to cut up another human being is just unimagineable.

JMHO
fran
also this happened here in Virginia Beach and if there was a lot of national attention it would hurt the the bottom line, the ocean front tries hard to be family friendly and if the word of suitcases with body parts are/were washing up well you get the idea. Even though they didn't wash up on that stretch of beach I'm sure most would not know the difference. It has been on the local news but not as much as you would expect the main news coverage has been that poor Army guy who was made to dress like superman.

Hey SpazKat!! I have spent my share of time in Va Beach. :cool:

They are pretty good about keeping the bad press down up there. Wasn't there other body parts that washed up a few years back? Had something to do with the mob in NY? Can't remember. And I know a looooooot of drugs go in and out of there, but you don't hear much on the news do ya?

mysteriew said:
Wonder if she also wrote the letter that LE recieved? The letter claimed that his death was related to his gambling debts, but the letter writer also claimed to know details about the death that LE didn't publicize.
That's a good point, mysterview. I hadn't thought of it, but it makes sense that she may have tried to deflect attention away from herself. Her actions suggest a certain amount of cunning, so I wouldn't put it past her to have written the letter.

curious1 said:
Hey SpazKat!! I have spent my share of time in Va Beach. :cool:

They are pretty good about keeping the bad press down up there. Wasn't there other body parts that washed up a few years back? Had something to do with the mob in NY? Can't remember. And I know a looooooot of drugs go in and out of there, but you don't hear much on the news do ya?
I don't know of any other body parts washing up but it wouldn't shock me. As for the drugs that wouldn't shock me either the main thing I know of is Norfolk/Va Beach are major gun running stops between Atlanta and NYC it makes no since to me because Va Beach isn't exactly on the beaten path you have to want to come here to get here Not that this area is small but you have to travel a ways off 95 to get here I guess they take to Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel up the eastern shore to nyc which by the is the same bridge that the suit cases in this case were tossed from. There is a rest stop w/ a restaurant on the bridge so lots of stuff gets thrown off there, some comes to va beach and some goes to the atlantic.

The trial is on right now in this case. The defendant really looks hard. I've been reading about it over on CTV and guess who her attorney is.....following the articles on the opening page of CTV.

On cross-examination, defense attorney Joseph Tacopina suggested the detective had rushed to judgment of his client. He asked how, not knowing the defendant, he could evaluate whether her grief was authentic.

Well she has a good attorney anyway. She is saying that someone trying to collect a gambing debt murdered him. The Pros isn't buying it. So far the detectives have been on the stand. Sounds like the trial just got started.

I wonder if it looked like the person who cut this husband up knew what he was doing....like a doctor?

well she was a nurse and her supervisor was the boyfriend so they would have that kind of knowledge. It's a good thing (for her) she's not being tried in VA she would never have gotten bail.

Dark Knight said:
Mary Winkler is out on bail and holding a job. I have yet to see a man get that for such a crime. The justice system is easier on women. Some people cannot believe Darlie Routier could be guilty and on death row.

The tone of this thread compared to the other one is noticeable. Just calling it like I sees it. :snooty:
I for one, believe Darlie Routier is guilty as sin. I think Mary Winkler is too.

There was a case in AR about 10 years ago when a mother fatally injected her two children with morophine and injected herself hoping to die. She didn't die, but when she was sentenced to death, she asked that all appeals be stopped and she be allowed to be executed. She knew she was wrong and took her punishment.

In some cases the justice system is too light on female offenders. In others, it is way to hard. JMO

The woman in this case should serve LWOP, nothing less.

Is anyone else following this case? I think that Melanie murdered her husband out of greed. I think that she wanted to keep the expensive home in which they just moved. I guess that she really didn't love her boyfriend/doctor/boss because if she did, she would have just divorced her husband to be with him. He testified that they planned to divorce their spouses and get married.

There is a lot of evidence that points to her as the murderer. I think that she did it and will be found guilty.

Is anyone else following this case? I think that Melanie murdered her husband out of greed. I think that she wanted to keep the expensive home in which they just moved. I guess that she really didn't love her boyfriend/doctor/boss because if she did, she would have just divorced her husband to be with him. He testified that they planned to divorce their spouses and get married.

There is a lot of evidence that points to her as the murderer. I think that she did it and will be found guilty.

Hey N&J :)

I'm trying to follow this case. I definately think she killed her husband. I'm waffling on whether she had assistance or not - but yeah, I think she is guilty of murder here. I think she didn't want to go through the expense of a divorce (her co-worker told her that her divorce cost her $100,000) and possibly sharing custody or losing custody of her kids - so she off'd hubby instead. I'm sure he had some kind of life insurance and that wouldn't hurt any either. I think she had a pure hatred for him and that fueled her on also. I hope she's found guilty. I hope the jury sees what I see and convicts her.

Less

I'm watching it on Court TV. She's guilty. I personally love the four-page letter she wrote to the District Attorney's office.;)

I'm following it as much as I can. I think she's guilty. My only question is where was he dismembered?? I find it nearly impossible that it was done in the home since zero evidence was found. So where could it have been done? Did her and/or her husband own a saw? Were they tested? Did she have a shed or someplace else it could have been done?

Her eyes seem to radiate pure evil. She gave her doc/boyfriend a *advertiser censored* when she was 38 weeks pregnant in his office. I can't get past that. How can his wife even begin to stay with him? I think the affair lasted 3 years. He has 3 young children, she has 2 autistic boys. He definitely was enchanted and addicted to her, I think. I don't believe she dismembered Billy in the home, because of the lack of forensic evidence. I do believe she had help (maybe her stepfather? Finn?) She's a scary one.....

One more thing. Although she graduated with honors, she not very bright in my opinion. Buying a gun a few days before Billy's disappearance. Wrapping his head in blankets from work. Using garbage bags to wrap his body in that were from the same lot as the ones she put his discarded clothes in. Ordering chloral hydrate in a former patient's name. Using her own designer luggage. The bizarre trips to Atlantic City to "move Billy's car." Neglecting to weigh down the suitcases when she threw them into Chesapeake Bay. The list goes on and on. Pure evil, and stupid to boot.

I'm following the case on court tv also. Very interesting trial. How could they not find her guilty, the evidence is overwhelming!

I heard that she had sex with him at 38 weeks. I was surprised at that! Now it makes sense that it was oral sex. ;) I also think that this woman is very selfish and evil and incapable of loving anyone.

Yes, the anonymous letter from the mob, right?? :rolleyes: If the mob killed him, they would leave him where he was, IMO. As you guys mentioned, the incriminating evidence is way over the top.

I am surprised to hear that his wife has not divorced him. I guess that she "forgives" him and likes her lifestyle. Plus, he may be cured of straying. He certainly didn't use good judgment in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back