NJ - William McGuire, 39, found dismembered in Chesapeake Bay, 2004

Right, the anonymous letter, pulease! The evidence against her is just mounting....

couldnt find another thread on this, tho it must be out there somewhere .... anyway, after 13-1/2 hours of deliberation, the verdict is in.

Melanie is absolutely crying her eyes out as she sits next to joe tacopina ... judge just came in.

melanie stopped crying now that judge is talking, but she still has a very scared look on her face.

judge says there are eight separate counts, each of which will be addressed separately.

jury is now being brought in.

so far, i've heard three not guilties, but of course they were ctv was OUT FOR COMMERCIAL during the first five verdicts.

grrrrrr

according to the text at the bottom of the screen,
she has been found guilty of first degree murder.

personally, i thought there was reasonable doubt.

So yeah, instead of Googling so I don't have to sound dumb, I'm just going to sound dumb and ask what you're talking about? LOL

judge granted prosecutors request to revoke bail.
melanie mcguire's being taken to jail.

a nurse killed her husband and cut up his body. he was shot and they never linked the gun to her but the did link the luggage his body part were found in. i think i got details right lol

a nurse killed her husband and cut up his body. he was shot and they never linked the gun to her but the did link the luggage his body part were found in. i think i got details right lol

the husband was over 6 feet tall, over 220 pounds.
the nurse is described as "tiny" @ 5 feet 2 inches 115 lb.

there was never a trace of evidence found in the house, tho the CSIs took it apart for a year.

it supposedly occurred soemtime in the early hours of the morning .... her children were asleep at the time .... Pros. said he was cut up with a reciprocating saw, but neighbors never heard anything.

how did she do it?

Guilty on the murder and dismemberment and gun charges! Not guilty on the drug and obstruction charges. Bail has been revoked and she was led out of the courtroom by bailiff.

Thanks. Sounds intriguing. I'll have to Google anyway now. :)

it's a mandatory minimum 30-year sentence.

Thanks. Sounds intriguing. I'll have to Google anyway now. :)

here's what they have on CTV >>>

Jury finds nurse Melanie McGuire guilty of husband's murder

(Court TV) — A jury convicted a well-respected fertility clinic nurse Monday of the 2004 murder of her husband, whose dismembered remains were stuffed in the couple's set of luggage and thrown in the Chesapeake Bay.

McGuire, a registered nurse so beloved that some former patients helped pay for her defense, faces 30 years to life in prison when she is sentenced July 13.

William McGuire, 39, a computer analyst, was last seen alive April 28, 2004, when he and the defendant closed on their first home. In her closing argument, a prosecutor theorized that Melanie McGuire served her husband a celebratory glass of wine laced with sedatives that night and then shot him to death the next day after taking her children to preschool.

McGuire had been carrying on an affair with her married boss at the fertility clinic, Dr. Bradley Miller, for two years. Miller testified that they eventually planned to leave their spouses and marry each other.

Prosecutors alleged McGuire killed the victim, her husband of five years, because she feared a divorce would be expensive and her husband would battle her for custody of the children.

http://www.courttv.com/trials/mcguire/042307_verdict_ctv.html

(Court TV) — A jury convicted a well-respected fertility clinic nurse Monday of the 2004 murder of her husband, whose dismembered remains were stuffed in the couple's set of luggage and thrown in the Chesapeake Bay.

McGuire, a registered nurse so beloved that some former patients helped pay for her defense, faces 30 years to life in prison when she is sentenced July 13.

William McGuire, 39, a computer analyst, was last seen alive April 28, 2004, when he and the defendant closed on their first home. In her closing argument, a prosecutor theorized that Melanie McGuire served her husband a celebratory glass of wine laced with sedatives that night and then shot him to death the next day after taking her children to preschool.

McGuire had been carrying on an affair with her married boss at the fertility clinic, Dr. Bradley Miller, for two years. Miller testified that they eventually planned to leave their spouses and marry each other.

Prosecutors alleged McGuire killed the victim, her husband of five years, because she feared a divorce would be expensive and her husband would battle her for custody of the children.
http://www.courttv.com/trials/mcguire/042307_verdict_ctv.html

She purchased the gun. I think that links her.

Guilty on the murder and dismemberment and gun charges! Not guilty on the drug and obstruction charges. Bail has been revoked and she was led out of the courtroom by bailiff.
Thank-you Chicoliving for the update.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Thanks for the updates, Seven. I've been following this case (as much as I could over the puter at work). I was torn. I think she did it but there wasn't much evidence. Like Jeana said though, she purchased the gun so that ties her to it.

I'm really confused over how she did it though. How could it have been done at home if they found ZERO trace evidence???

I was "lucky" enough to be home sick when testimony was being televised. I'm surprised this wasn't in the news more. It's reminiscent of Scott Peterson - it was mostly circumstantial evidence. I kind of figured she was guilty, but I agree Seven, I thought the jury would find reasonable doubt.

She purchased the gun. I think that links her.

but .... and i have not watched this case relligiously, so i'm really asking for information ...... when you say she "purchased the gun" .... did they actually find the gun that killed the husband? or was it never found?

Thanks for the updates, Seven. I've been following this case (as much as I could over the puter at work). I was torn. I think she did it but there wasn't much evidence. Like Jeana said though, she purchased the gun so that ties her to it.

I'm really confused over how she did it though. How could it have been done at home if they found ZERO trace evidence???

i've been forced to keep this on while doing other things and keeping alert for ANS news, so i dont know all the details ..... jean casarez just said she purchased a 38 calibre gun and he was shot with a 38 caliber, so that makes me think they never found the gun, and i remember the prosecutor saying the bullets that killed him were "consistent with" bullets that could have been used in the gun she bought (apparently, they had sales receipt evidence and interviewed whoever sold her the gun).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back