NJ - William McGuire, 39, found dismembered in Chesapeake Bay, 2004

I've been watching the trial twice now. I just think this woman is just an unbelievably primitive sociopath. When has a defendant ever sent a letter and necklace to the potential prosecutor a.k.a. "Madam Attorney General" in a case? Creating a diversion to mislead the investigation with a letter that was called, "Setting Her Up". It is almost hilarious. That prosecutor must have been floored. She is definitely where she belongs.

I've been watching the trial twice now. I just think this woman is just an unbelievably primitive sociopath. When has a defendant ever sent a letter and necklace to the potential prosecutor a.k.a. "Madam Attorney General" in a case? Creating a diversion to mislead the investigation with a letter that was called, "Setting Her Up". It is almost hilarious. That prosecutor must have been floored. She is definitely where she belongs.
Absolutely. She lies with such ease.

I do remember this case but didn't really follow it at the time. Last night I watched the Suitcase Killer movie and learned that they had purchased a house in Warren County, NJ. I live in Warren County, NJ. Does anyone happen to know the name of the town they were going to live in, or the exact house?

I do remember this case but didn't really follow it at the time. Last night I watched the Suitcase Killer movie and learned that they had purchased a house in Warren County, NJ. I live in Warren County, NJ. Does anyone happen to know the name of the town they were going to live in, or the exact house?
I remember fol the case when it happened and watching on Court TV. Back then Court TV had a tria forum and I do recall photos of the house were posted. I think it was red brick with the garage to the side. No idea how to find address now.

Address per CourtTV trial testimony:
29 Halls Mill Rd
Asbury, NJ

Timestamp 4:34 -

NJ V. MCGUIRE (2007)​

Cindy Ligosh & Joseph Penn
William McGuire's sister & a former roommate take the stand.

Realtor testimony -

NJ V. MCGUIRE (2007)​

Tamar Joffe
The McGuire's realtor, Tamar Joffe, takes the stand.

I wouldnt have wanted to ahve been on the jury on this one- she did purchase the gun, but they never found it- I dont know that there wasnt alot of reasonable doubt in this one, but if I remember correctly, the head that was in the suitcase was wrapped in towels that came from her workplace- that one stuck out to me when I heard it
Who filled the prescription? Also , was she able to provide their luggage to LE when he was found in luggage that matched theirs? Or was theirs mysteriously missing?

I wonder if anyone will see this post lol. TIA

Who filled the prescription? Also , was she able to provide their luggage to LE when he was found in luggage that matched theirs? Or was theirs mysteriously missing?

I wonder if anyone will see this post lol. TIA
I watched this trial in 2007, and I just re watched on Court TV archives. I have watched so many trials, but this one stuck with me. It's so horrific, and it is very hard to understand that she thought she could make her husband disappear without a trace. To answer your questions, Melanie forged the prescription and was believe to have picked it up. The Walgreens was very close to her children's daycare, and the time of the prescription was dropped off was close in time to when she dropped of her children. She never produced luggage for anyone. She said it probably was her luggage, and her husband took it with him when he left her.

I will always believe Melanie didn't really care much for Bill. He was good enough for the big wedding and to father two childen. He served a purpose for her, and he was no longer needed. She found a bigger and better fish. I think there was probably discussions of divorce from Bill, but he was not going to go away easily. He would always be around making trouble for her and her new fish. She started planning a way to get rid of him. I always wondered why she went through with the closing even though she purchased a gun two days prior and the prescription the day of. There was testimony that she didn't believe the closing would go through due to a financial issue that had occurred a couple weeks earlier. She was expecting the closing to be a bust. Bill would have been upset, and she could make his demise look like a suicide. Except, the closing went through. She was so set on him being gone that she tweeked her plans to just make it look like he left. She enlisted help to transport him out of the apartment.

She is where she belongs. She had her day in court and has had several opportunities to try and appeal the verdict. She will never enjoy the lifestyle she once lived.

Bill had no day in court nor chance to appeal the way he was killed and descerated.

I watched this trial in 2007, and I just re watched on Court TV archives. I have watched so many trials, but this one stuck with me. It's so horrific, and it is very hard to understand that she thought she could make her husband disappear without a trace. To answer your questions, Melanie forged the prescription and was believe to have picked it up. The Walgreens was very close to her children's daycare, and the time of the prescription was dropped off was close in time to when she dropped of her children. She never produced luggage for anyone. She said it probably was her luggage, and her husband took it with him when he left her.

I will always believe Melanie didn't really care much for Bill. He was good enough for the big wedding and to father two childen. He served a purpose for her, and he was no longer needed. She found a bigger and better fish. I think there was probably discussions of divorce from Bill, but he was not going to go away easily. He would always be around making trouble for her and her new fish. She started planning a way to get rid of him. I always wondered why she went through with the closing even though she purchased a gun two days prior and the prescription the day of. There was testimony that she didn't believe the closing would go through due to a financial issue that had occurred a couple weeks earlier. She was expecting the closing to be a bust. Bill would have been upset, and she could make his demise look like a suicide. Except, the closing went through. She was so set on him being gone that she tweeked her plans to just make it look like he left. She enlisted help to transport him out of the apartment.

She is where she belongs. She had her day in court and has had several opportunities to try and appeal the verdict. She will never enjoy the lifestyle she once lived.

Bill had no day in court nor chance to appeal the way he was killed and descerated.
Wow, thanks Tapeartee! I never really expected anyone to see my post and I’ve been sort of been away from WS for a while… needed a break I guess since I’ve been so immersed in Jennifer solos/Michelle troconis and also the Adelsons, for so long.

Yes this Melanie case is really interesting. I always got the feeling she thought she was above everyone else, and could talk her way out of it. She seemed to also have some help from her step father? Yikes! But seems like she was a great nurse. It’s just hard to understand. She sure left a lot of breadcrumbs, and her story about moving Bills car in Atlantic City was it?… to get back at him? …..just ridiculous!!!

Courttv has some good archived trials. I have been watching the re-try of Mark Jensen, and some parts of the 1st trial which I found on courttv. What a case that was. Wow.

Anyway thanks for answering my questions!!!

Moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck