GUILTY NM - 11 children found in "filthy" compound with little food, training to commit terrorism, Taos, Aug 2018

Who did these kids belong to? Were they all kids from the males there? Horrific that we keep seeing case after case of multiple children being held hostages and abused. How many more are there? Sadly probably many! How can we find them? Rescue them and get them help? Are the families of these kids ever concerned about where they are or how they are? Or as they part of the lost society? Under the radar, not reported missing from school, church, family, etc.

Who did these kids belong to? Were they all kids from the males there? Horrific that we keep seeing case after case of multiple children being held hostages and abused. How many more are there? Sadly probably many! How can we find them? Rescue them and get them help? Are the families of these kids ever concerned about where they are or how they are? Or as they part of the lost society? Under the radar, not reported missing from school, church, family, etc.
The kids' mothers were at the compound.

Foxfire (RIP) wrote about a similar "cult" in Georgia. I wonder if they are related?

(I don't know how to search using my phone, but it reminded me of a group he wrote about)

If you feel you need to hide your kids, you are probably doing something you shouldn't. JMO

I don't think these children should be returned to the mothers. Those women chose, voluntarily, to move to the remote desert, with no money or resources, with 2 armed extremists, and no way to feed or clothe or educate the children.

I don't think these children should be returned to the mothers. Those women chose, voluntarily, to move to the remote desert, with no money or resources, with 2 armed extremists, and no way to feed or clothe or educate the children.

They chose to, voluntarily? Sorry, I’m catching up. Is this reported/confirmed by law enforcement?

I wonder if we will find out that child protective services already knew about this situation. It seems to happen regularly that the police will remove children to safety after they had been previously reported to child protection agencies that did nothing.
The FBI evidently had the compound under surveillance, but didn't have enough probable cause. Of course, I've forgotten where I read that, but maybe the BBC article upthread.

... Those women chose, voluntarily, to move to the remote desert, with no money or resources, with 2 armed extremists, and no way to feed or clothe or educate the children.

We have no information that the women were there voluntarily AFAIK.

Likewise, there is no information that anyone in the group was an "extremist". They evidently were observant muslims, but we've recently had multiple-child-abuse arrests in families of other faiths, including observant christians. Those designations reflect religious beliefs; they are not by nature "extremist", but individuals can become so, as can those who are non-observant (the recent case where a woman drove her whole family off a cliff in California springs to mind).

Last edited:
We have no information that the women were there voluntarily AFAIK.

Likewise, there is no information that anyone in the group was an "extremist". They evidently were observant muslims, but we've recently had multiple-child-abuse arrests in families of other faiths, including observant christians. Those designations reflect religious beliefs; they are not by nature "extremist", but individuals can become so, as can those who are non-observant (the recent case where a woman drove her whole family off a cliff in California springs to mind).

Well, they released the women first and then arrested them, so I guess they found they were there voluntarily.

I wonder, what exactly, makes them extremists? Because of one man's name?

11 kids rescued from armed ‘extremists’ at buried compound, New Mexico sheriff says

“I absolutely knew that we couldn’t wait on another agency to step up and we had to go check this out as soon as possible, so I began working on a search warrant,” Hogrefe said in the release. “The occupants were most likely heavily armed and considered extremist of the Muslim belief,” he added.

11 kids rescued from armed ‘extremists’ at buried compound, New Mexico sheriff says

“I absolutely knew that we couldn’t wait on another agency to step up and we had to go check this out as soon as possible, so I began working on a search warrant,” Hogrefe said in the release. “The occupants were most likely heavily armed and considered extremist of the Muslim belief,” he added.

Sorry, meant to edit, but I quoted myself instead...

I am only going by the most recent article that I read. The Sheriff called the men extremists and arrested them.

I am not sure what the charges are yet, so I guess we will see if they are charged with kidnapping the women and 11 children. But I doubt it.

Yes, they may well have been followers of Islam, but we see plenty of men abduct their children and are armed but they are never described as 'Extremists' of any religion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back