NM NM - Albuquerque, WhtFem 25-35, UP2926, blonde, in motel room, Jun'91

Thanks you for that facebook link , five!

I find it odd that they state "white or Hispanic" and give hair color as sandy blond or strawberry blond...that hair color does not seem to go with the Hispanic possibility.

Maybe I should try to give the detective a call to see if I can find out any more info....

I find it odd that they state "white or Hispanic" and give hair color as sandy blond or strawberry blond...that hair color does not seem to go with the Hispanic possibility.

Maybe I should try to give the detective a call to see if I can find out any more info....

I agree. Not impossible, but unlikely. I wish there was a pic of the contents of her suitcase.

It's hard to believe that this case hasn't been solved.

-What connection did this Eduardo Colin have to the woman? Who was he? It is hard to imagine someone renting a hotel room, and then magically disappearing, leaving a security guard to discover an unknown woman deceased inside, days later.

-It would seem by the number of beer bottles, etc, that the UID was not alone for at least some of the time. The fact that the room was rented by someone else almost confirms it.

-Who was the guy in the photo with her? It looks to me like the man was Hispanic, and the picture looks like (judging from what looks to be a curtain) it was shot in one of those self serve photo kiosks.

-It is possible that the woman had origins in Mexico, or elsewhere, since nobody in NM seems to recognize her, especially with the amount of identifying information available.

-There is a strong possibility that this was a homicide. I find it tough to believe that a shower spout would be strong enough to hold up a hanging, thrashing person at 140 lbs.

Agree - could she have been strangled and then hung in the shower??

And with blond hair, the Hispanic ID seems weird...unless it was dyed?

So many questions....

I have seen blonde Latina women, it is not out of the question, whether dye jobs or not.

The scene has a very "staged" feel. She could have been strangled, and then hung on the only available item that would support her and not make the police suspicious...if so, the gambit worked.

It could also be that she committed suicide suddenly and whoever was in the room when it happened fled so as not to be associated with it.

Again, even though motels are built for the expectation of damage, I think that if she deliberately hanged herself, her weight would have ripped the spout from the wall, saving her life in the nick of time.

I'm a freckly redheaded and blue-eyed Hispanic from northern New Mexico (a couple of hours north of Abq); I was more of a strawberry blonde when I was younger. It's not that unusual. Northern New Mexico had a lot of early settlers from Spain, and some Basque (there is some evidence of genetic ties between Basques and Celts), and many Spaniards are light-haired, light-eyed, and light-complected, so it's in the gene pool. My mother and grandparents were dark-haired and dark-eyed, but I got whatever recessive genes were lurking in there from my red-headed great-grandmother who came over from Spain. There's a reason the nickname "Güerita" gets thrown around in Latin families a lot. When I was growing up, I used to hound my mother about whether or not she was my "real" mother because I thought dark eyes and hair always had to be dominant over light eyes and hair, but now that I'm older, it's obvious that my face shape and structure, eye shape, everything looks exactly like every woman in my family. Just not in coloring.

There's actually quite a bit of identity politics wrapped up in the issue of being called/calling yourself Hispanic vs. Chicana vs. Latina. And some argue that those with a genetic background from Spain should be considered European rather than Hispanic. Some of the same issues in South America, where there's a history of Spanish colonization and lighter "ruling" classes historically, vs. the indigenous population, and a huge influx of Europeans during both world wars. Look at Christina Aguilera and Shakira. Yeah, they both dye their hair, but they're also both very fair-skinned. And both are considered (and self-identify) as Hispanic, even though both have one non-Hispanic parent. So the category of Hispanic is fairly fluid.

All of that is far more than you wanted to know, of course, and beyond the scope of this particular case. My point is just not to let lighter eyes or skin or hair be an automatic rule-out for missing/unidentified persons categorized as Hispanic (unless they're specifically said to have dark eyes and hair, of course).

Absolutely.

Someone could be a fairly light skinned individual whose ancestors were original Spanish settlers, and that person has little or no indigenous blood.

That being said, I have a feeling that the woman was Hispanic, she does appear that way to me. Thanks for the historical/cultural lesson, Mouse =-)

As an aside, I am trying to understand why it took the police what seems like years to track down the man who rented the room. Was he from out of state? Hiding, maybe?

As I mentioned earlier, the beer bottles, some half full, or empty, whichever way you want to look at it, indicate to me that more than one person was in the room, and they seemed to leave in a hurry.

It looks as if the police/coroner have long ago written this off as a suicide, but it seems pretty odd to me.

That small photo of the victim and the unknown male; I wonder if it had any identifying marks such as a watermark or time stamp to indicate where or when it was taken.

Here are the photos that go with her.
Her hair looks more red then blond to me
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• JaneDoe644UFNM with UnidentifiedMale.jpg
    JaneDoe644UFNM with UnidentifiedMale.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 563
  • JaneDoe644UFNM Table.jpg
    JaneDoe644UFNM Table.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 534
  • JaneDoe.jpg
    JaneDoe.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 540
  • 1991-79060 APD case-1.jpg
    1991-79060 APD case-1.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 511
Thanks for that.

The picture creeps me out quite a bit, I hate to say.

This may seem like an odd question, but what does the expression on her face say to everyone?

Is she mugging for the camera, or is that a look of terror? I am having a hard time figuring it out.

Seriously, with all those personal belongings there, someone must recognize her. I wish the police would have mentioned what that white object with the writing on it was.

Again, the photo with the unknown male looks like it was shot in a photo booth, so I doubt there is anyone who would recall taking a photo of the two.

I have a lot of suspicions about this being a suicide. It seems strange to me that there would be obvious evidence of another individual in the room (name on the hotel room, half drunken beer bottles, two cigarette cases, etc). If someone was going to commit suicide, having a get together and drinking at a hotel room likely wouldn't be on the agenda. The only scenario that makes sense to me if it was indeed a true suicide is if something happened at this hotel room that made the woman upset. Maybe a break up or argument. IMO

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think someone possibly took the woman's identification, but it is strange that they didn't help themselves to the cash she had.

This may be a suicide, with someone panicking and fleeing, not wanting to get mixed up in the ensuing investigation. They may have deliberately obstructed the investigation by stealing her I.D., and not reporting what occurred.

I have read that impulsive suicide attempts and deep depression have occurred after drinking, evidence of which is here.

I wonder if the room key was ever found. Was it in the room when her remains were found, or did it disappear entirely?

Four ruleouts as of 17 June 2014:

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
REBECCA DUNN 1958 Nevada
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
Amanda Slaughter 1976 Texas

Whatever it's written on, it's plastic, or has a plastic covering, the smudge on the Z tells ne that. Seems from the writing that the writer was pressing down hard as they wrote, maybe not well balanced, as the letters go in different directions. I don't know what it is that it's written on, but I am working on clearing up the pic.

it is "tagging" script. he likely wrote it himself. i remember as a teen keeping things my old bf wrote on. i know she is 25-35 but maybe immature? if she kept it because he wrote on it, it could be anything.

is that him in the pix w her?

at first look, i wanted to say she was murdered. but the money being there does not make sense. maybe, she was waiting for him there and he never showed up. she was shattered and chose to end her life.

there are both blonde and red headed hispanic ppl.

Thanks for that.

The picture creeps me out quite a bit, I hate to say.

This may seem like an odd question, but what does the expression on her face say to everyone?

Is she mugging for the camera, or is that a look of terror? I am having a hard time figuring it out.

Seriously, with all those personal belongings there, someone must recognize her. I wish the police would have mentioned what that white object with the writing on it was.

Again, the photo with the unknown male looks like it was shot in a photo booth, so I doubt there is anyone who would recall taking a photo of the two.

i think she was mugging there. she doesnt look afraid to me. her mouth corners are veeerrrry slightly upturned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back