NM NM - Albuquerque, WhtFem 25-35, UP2926, blonde, in motel room, Jun'91

Hi all,

I just received an email back from Dustin:

Thank you for your submission, we appreciate your time and support.

NamUs staff will review the submitted information. Additionally, we will notify the investigating agencies for their consideration if the agencies have not been previously notified.

Please note, identification and exclusions are only made and/or confirmed by investigating agencies. The results of comparisons may or may not be made available to the public for investigatory reasons.

Still I do wonder where they are on that potential lead of Becca from California. Didn't it sound like they were pretty sure about it?

I honestly thought the same, it really seemed like a strong lead. I did some searching for missing women online with the details provided re ‘Becca’ but couldn’t find anyone that matched Jane Doe, and eventually my searches brought me to Desiree. I think as mentioned above by previous posters, it’s always worth submitting potential matches. At the very least, it will add a new rule-out and somewhat narrow down the search I suppose!

That's exactly how it sounded to me. I was under the impression they uncovered her identity and just wanted to find out why exactly she commited suicide.
Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if she even did commit suicide. Disinformation is something I don't want to spread on my part but something seems off about all of this.

Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if she even did commit suicide.
You and me both. I've been questioning the manner of her death since I first heard about this case. Hopefully finding out her real name will reveal some new information about her life (and death).

i questioned it too but how would they have gotten out? i feel like she wasnt reported. i think there is something to the Becca / LA, whether Becca was her name or she made that name up idk.

i questioned it too but how would they have gotten out? i feel like she wasnt reported. i think there is something to the Becca / LA, whether Becca was her name or she made that name up idk.

Agreed. I don't think it was a murder. I understand the line of thinking but I just don't think it was homicide. Also agree she wasn't reported. I'm guessing she was a habitual drug user (at least heroin, obviously), possibly lived a transient lifestyle, and her family just assumed she lost contact and was fine.

Sometimes a person is formally reported missing but the report is eventually lost or never followed-up on properly, and the family doesn't know this. They don't realize there is more they can do; they trusted LE at the time. I believe I read on WS that the majority of reported missing people don't even make it into NamUs (someone pls correct me if I'm wrong.)

Can somebody help me out. When was the lead about a "Becca" from California ever published by LE? Tried to find it by scrolling through the thread.....AHA I found it.
Police: Woman found dead in 1991 in New Mexico may have been from San Fernando Valley – Pasadena Star News

The body of an unidentified woman discovered in a motel in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in 1991 is believed to be a Los Angeles County woman based on a recent tip, according to authorities.

Based on the tip, investigators believe the woman’s name is Becca, and she is possibly from Reseda or Sylmar. She potentially flew from either Los Angeles or Burbank to Albuquerque, the Albuquerque Police Department said this week in a news release.

It seems a very big break through in this case and still only the Pasadena Star News published about it....or are there more publications and I missed them?

Also bringing up this quotes again

I was searching ancestry and I think I found her. The resemblance is uncanny.

This possible match was born in '64 and lived in LA county. She was in Sylmar in '88 and was also likely Hispanic.

I sent my possible ID to Dustin. He replied stating they were going to look into it! :)

Here's what I can share:

This "Becca" was born in July of '64 and lived in Montebello as a teenager. She later moved to Sylmar around 1988 and disappeared from the records in '90. A record was found for her after 1991, but this kind of stuff happens with MPs and identified does often.

Does this mean they still haven't traced back next of kin, family, etc. from this "Becca"? It sounds a bit strange as there seem to be some traces of her existence. Or did the lead turned out to be not the right girl. Nothing about that.

Also I wonder, as it seems there is a picture of her according to @onceuponadecember "the resemblance is uncanny", why this picture isn't released?

ETA

Last edited:
Can somebody help me out. When was the lead about a "Becca" from California ever published by LE? Tried to find it by scrolling through the thread.....AHA I found it.
Police: Woman found dead in 1991 in New Mexico may have been from San Fernando Valley – Pasadena Star News

The body of an unidentified woman discovered in a motel in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in 1991 is believed to be a Los Angeles County woman based on a recent tip, according to authorities.

Based on the tip, investigators believe the woman’s name is Becca, and she is possibly from Reseda or Sylmar. She potentially flew from either Los Angeles or Burbank to Albuquerque, the Albuquerque Police Department said this week in a news release.

It seems a very big break through in this case and still only the Pasadena Star News published about it....or are there more publications and I missed them?

Does this mean they still haven't traced back next of kin, family, etc. from this "Becca"? It sounds a bit strange as there seem to be some traces of her existence. Or did the lead turned out to be not the right girl. Nothing about that.

Also I wonder, as it seems there is a picture of her according to @onceuponadecember "the resemblance is uncanny", why this picture isn't released?

ETA

Do we know if there was ever a missing persons report filed for ‘Becca’?

Am I incorrect here? Thought I had I read something about her having a scar on One of her legs between the knee and ankle area? I swear I did but I can not find anything pertaining to that now. It's driving me crazy.
Does anyone have an updated exclusion list for her?

ETA
The tip was released in March but it could have been received earlier.

About the match that onceuponadecember found, it wasn't released due to privacy reasons mostly. Also, that person was ruled out as this decedent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back