NM NM - Bennett Irvin Wall, 23, Albuquerque, 1 Feb 1981

Thanks a million, @MadMcGoo !

So -- Nevada remains, Oregon remains, Oklahoma remains, and the Rhinelander, Wisconsin remains are NOT ruled out...holding onto hope!

Best, Laughing

Hi so I have been looking into Bennett's case for my podcast. I came across an obituary in the Chicago Tribune from July 28th, 1999.
<modsnip - sleuthing family> This all fits what you have been saying and it gives the links to all of the different areas. However I still don't understand California or why this states that Bennett lived in Tucson, AZ.
Could it be possible that he was know to fregquent different areas of the southwest? They might have tried to file reports in all three states: California, New Mexico and Arizona, not fully knowing where he was living at the time. After that the police may have been able find that his last know address was in Albuquerque, NM, and due to that they have jurisdiction over the case.
<modsnip - sleuthing family> Meaning that theres a sold possiblity to get familial DNA for Bennett that could be used for comparison.
Let me know what you think!

Was the podcast completed & made available?

Did you learn anything during production that could be useful in the search for Mr. Wall?

So much is vague about this one.

jmho ymmv lrr

Interesting that the Charley Project page indicates that information also came from the California Attorney General's Office. Okay, that third link is to this office -- why California?

RSBM

The case of Melanie Flynn (from KY, missing since 1977) had the California Department of Justice listed on her info... which was very strange. However, Melanie did know several people who were investigated by the Feds for many crimes which included drug smuggling (Andrew Thornton II - he was the actual "Cocaine Bear" smuggler), also stolen weapons from a California Naval Base, and other criminal activities. Melanie was known as a fun-loving gal from a good family, and was reportedly a LE informant at the time of her disappearance.

The only reason I mention this is... I wonder if BIW had any unsavory characters in his life that could have been under investigation in California?? ETA: Maybe it would be beneficial to check for any Federal or FBI investigations or cases involving BIW??

Link to Melanie's case:

KY - KY - Melanie Flynn, 24, Lexington, 25 Jan 1977

Last edited:
IF Bennett Wall worked at the Sandia research facility on/alongside Kirtland AFB, there could be a weapons theft angle or intellectual property theft angle.

So far, I don't think we know where he worked. Please, please prove me wrong!

Also, if he worked at Sandia, his employer may have been a California-based company. His family may have known the name of that company -- but didn't really process that Bennett was living in Albuquerque?

@lkluna11 , can you share any response from Detective Chavez?

IF Bennett Wall worked at the Sandia research facility on/alongside Kirtland AFB, there could be a weapons theft angle or intellectual property theft angle.

So far, I don't think we know where he worked. Please, please prove me wrong!

Also, if he worked at Sandia, his employer may have been a California-based company. His family may have known the name of that company -- but didn't really process that Bennett was living in Albuquerque?

@lkluna11 , can you share any response from Detective Chavez?

Just bumping for Bennett Wall. Tall remains found in Wisconsin were identified by forensic genealogy as a gentleman missing from Chicago.

@lkluna11 , please share responses from Detective Chavez!

jmho ymmv lrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back