GUILTY NM - Five Griego family members murdered in their Albuquerque home, 20 Jan 2013

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by wfgodot, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Reannan

Reannan Seek Brotherhood, Cherish Solitude

If he sent a picture of his Mother, who he had just murdered to his 12 year old girlfriend, then he had already told her he was going to do it. Sending that picture was essentially the equivalent of Tarzan thumping his chest.... he was BRAGGING that he had carried out what they had discussed! Disgusting! I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I also bet they had discussed killing her parents as well, so they could "be together". I bet her parents did not approve of the relationship. The father lost his job within the last two months, and I bet the parents of the 12 year old girlfriend were beginning to make noises about them being together. Plenty of stress there for a 15 year old who felt his world crumbling around him. All of this is of course, my opinion, but it is like watching familiar puzzle pieces click into place. Sadly, once all of the pieces are in place, the picture still does not make any sense to those of us left standing in the dust! :banghead:

2. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I think one of the reasons that Dad never recognized the severity of his sons' emotional issues is because of his own work in the field. Here is dad, hanging out on a daily basis with felons, ex-cons, homeless transients, soldiers with PTSD---so his son seemed perfectly 'fine' in comparison. JMO

I also think the troubled teen wanted more attention and approval from his dad. Just a guess, but whenever I have seen parents who work intensely with troubled youth and the needy, their own kids end up feeling shortchanged and neglected. imo

3. scapa

scapa Well-Known Member

This is bringing back memories of the Jasmine Richardson case for me. Kill the family(ies) standing in the way of true love, then ride into the sunset together...

s

4. Lois Lane

Lois Lane New Member

5. Pensfan

Pensfan Former Member

I'll take your bet and raise you some doomsday prepper whacky indoctrination (no evidence...I'm just making a guess).

6. Pensfan

Pensfan Former Member

This was the description for the sermon on the 20th of Jan. This has no particular meaning for this crime at this time. I thought it was interesting in a spooky way.

I DARE YOU: SPEAK OUT! - DANIEL 2:24-49
    Words can become jumbled when we feel intimidated by the one we’re speaking to, especially if the one we’re speaking to intends to kill us!
    http://www.calvaryabq.org/teachings_view.asp?ServiceID=2438

I wonder why the dad was recently "let go" from his pastor position at this huge megachurch. (Their site states they minister to 16,000 every weekend). Were there identified problems involving his son? Was the mental health of his family noticeably deteriorating?

7. Abby Normal Again

Abby Normal Again New Member

It's not any harder than having a student who needs some attention with 28 other kids to teach in your class. It's hard work to teach, one student at home with smaller kids or 30 kids the same age in one room. It all just takes proper planning and decent execution. LOTS of parents HS with younger kids at home just fine. Some make a mockery out of it, but most don't.

JMO.

Pensfan- I was wondering the same thing about possible mania. He's obviously just a hot mess, but the lack of sleep may have been indicative of something.

8. Jules71

Jules71 Active Member

9. Pensfan

Pensfan Former Member

Yeah, indicative of something. Mania affects impulse control and sleep, but homicidal thoughts don't arise in mania. These occur in depression. Many chronically depressed people can't sleep. Childhood abuse is positively correlated with suicidal/homicidal thoughts and depression. Hmm.

10. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

Hi Pensfan! I was hoping to see you on this thread. :seeya: The sermon topic was definitely Spooky, imo.
    I just read an article on foxnews.com/us/01/22.
    The Sheriff said the shooter was heavily involved in violent video games.
    Pen, any ideas why recently it seems a few young kids like violent games and then just mentally snap?
    Oh and I wanted to add,
    The sheriff said the young shooter got excited when telling LE about playing the violent game "Modern Warfare".

He got excited! :banghead: sorry if I'm rambling.
    , lol. My cold meds are kicking in. Lol
    :moo:

11. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

Well, personally I don't get the family statement trying to make the killer sound saint like. IMO
    He played violent games and marched around his yard with a gun.
    He premeditated his families murders for at least a week.
    He killed them at close range...in cold blood.
    He may be a grandson, nephew, brother, but he is also a killer. :moo:

12. Trino

Trino Well-Known Member

I applaud the extended family for giving a statement, but do extended family members who don't live in the home actually know what goes on within a family?

13. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

Likely
    not.

14. Lois Lane

Lois Lane New Member

I took exception to the "political pawn" portion of the family's statement.

The actions of NG are relevant in the current political debate.

NG himself will be dealt with in the court system.

His actions are fair game in the political arena.

15. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

I am also not sure where family is going with that statement. They are upset of how he is portrayed in the media. Well, excuse me, but he is accused of killing his mother, father, and three little kids. How do you want media to portray him?

16. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

I took exception to lots of this statment. What in the world does his love of music has to do with him being accused of killing his parents and little siblings?

17. human

human Well-Known Member

If it is true, he planned on taking a lot more people out as well.

Luckily, he didn't do that for some reason.

18. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

I think it important to remember that this family is still reeling from the loss of FIVE family members, SIX, if you choose to count NG. Given the current political climate around the gun control debate, I personally can completely understand the point of their statement.

They do not want NG to be another Adam Lanza, the epicenter of the gun control debate. We the public have no idea who NG was, we only know snippets of info about him gleaned from neighbors who admit they did not really know him other than in passing.

This family is grieving their dead, grieving the loss of NG and thrust into the middle of the RAGING gun control debate.

I totally get their statement and why they chose to make it.

NG will forever be remembered by America as that kid who shot his family. He will be held up as the newest poster child for why this country needs radical gun control. He will be vilified, called evil, etc.

In a time of terrible grief, they are choosing to ALSO remember that this kid, who they love, was more than just the sum of his actions on that fateful night.

19. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

And what does family expects press to do? Write about his love of music?
    Did any other families in similar situations ever come up with such statements?

20. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

I don't get why their issuing this statement is such a big deal. They are a grieving family.