NM NM - Geoffrey Spangler, 33, White Sands Missile Range base, 8 Nov 2021

TwinkieDefense

Reaction score
LCPD calls on public's help to locate missing man

upload_2021-12-3_14-41-23.png

“Spangler was reportedly headed to Ruidoso on Nov. 8, but he apparently never made it to that location," police said.

Spangler is 6-feet, 1-inch tall and weighs about 205 pounds. He has brown hair and hazel eyes. He was driving a 2000 Dodge Avenger with license plate number 594RFF, police said.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Geoffrey Spangler is asked to call Las Cruces Police at 575-526-0795.

Scanning through missing persons and saw this. (I used to know some folks with ties to that area.)
Last seen on 08 Nov on the missile range and yet we are just now seeing his missing person status from LE??? If he was last seen on the missile range, which I believe requires a government issued ID to enter, he is likely either a government employee or contractor. I would have thought his absence would have raised red flags in less than a month.

In the original post it is linked to a 02 Dec article that stated LE was looking for his vehicle as well. This article stated it was found 4 days later in Franklin Mountains St. Park in Texas on 06 Dec. That is about 1 hour and 30 minutes south of the missile range. I wonder if he knew anyone there or if that was where it was dumped. His supposedly intended location was Ruidosa, almost 2 hours north. The other direction.

In the original post it is linked to a 02 Dec article that stated LE was looking for his vehicle as well. This article stated it was found 4 days later in Franklin Mountains St. Park in Texas on 06 Dec. That is about 1 hour and 30 minutes south of the missile range. I wonder if he knew anyone there or if that was where it was dumped. His supposedly intended location was Ruidosa, almost 2 hours north. The other direction.

thank you for bringing this information forward @JnRyan. It seems odd to tell (who? I wonder) that he was going north to Ruidoso, but car ends up south, toward Mexico?? Maybe he crossed the border; however, that would require a passport which surely could be tracked.

thank you for bringing this information forward @JnRyan. It seems odd to tell (who? I wonder) that he was going north to Ruidoso, but car ends up south, toward Mexico?? Maybe he crossed the border; however, that would require a passport which surely could be tracked.
I am sure if someone were really motivated they could illegally sneak across the border somewhere. We know that hundreds of thousands of Mexicans illegally cross into the US so it’s not as if someone couldn’t cross from here to there without needing a passport. MOO.

Was he headed for Fort Bliss? Meeting someone from Fort Bliss? Any indication he'd been to El Paso previously?

The airport in El Paso is closer to White Sands/Holloman, shorter drive than the Sunport in Albuquerque.

Not linking, not sure it's his page -- LinkedIn lists a person with this name, working for a contractor, attended New Mexico State in Las Cruces. Seems to be a software engineer?

Was he going to Ruidoso to ski?

Community still looking for him: las cruces community watch | Geoffrey Spangler is still missing and considered an "endangered " person due to medical condition

Las Cruces, NM

(didn't read reddit, but sometimes....)

jmho ymmv lrr

Missing Person / NamUs #MP86511

thumbnail

#MP86511

Missing Age 33 Years
Current Age 33 Years

First Name Geoffrey
Middle Name David
Last Name Spangler
Nickname/Alias Phred
Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity White/Caucasian
Height 6'-2" - (74 - inches)
Weight 155 - 160 lbs

Date of Last Contact November 8, 2021
NamUs Case Created November 19, 2021
Last Known Location (Map)
Location Las Cruces, New Mexico 88005
County Doña Ana County
Missing From Tribal Land No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land --

Circumstances of Disappearance Geoffrey was last seen on 11/08/2021 in Las Cruces, New Mexico. His vehicle was found abandoned in Franklin Mountain State Park in El Paso, Texas on 12/06/2021. He has not been seen or heard from since.

Hair Color Brown
Left Eye Color Hazel
Right Eye Color Hazel

Clothing
Gold Hoodie
Black Meow Wolf Hoodie
Footwear Redwing Hiking Boots
Jewelry Men's opal ring

NOV 9, 2022
Las Cruces police are asking for help finding 33-year-old Geoffrey Spangler, who disappeared a year ago. They say he was last seen in November 2021 at White Sands Missile Range while his car was found in December north of El Paso at a state park.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back