NM - Holly Alcott White, 49, Taos, 5 May 2016

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by ElemenohP, May 7, 2016.

1. ElemenohP

ElemenohP New Member

2. Loading...

3. mrsobrien

mrsobrien New Member

Bridge....not good.

4. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Forum Coordinators

She is the former manager of the Taos Center for the Arts. She had recently left the TCA to join her husband, Jeff, who had already moved to Albuquerque. White was looking forward to starting a new job as office manager at a dentist office in Albuquerque. The TCA had a farewell party scheduled for White the evening of the day she went missing.

Her belongings were home.

White’s car was found parked at the Gorge parking lot the same day (May 6). The keys were left in the cup holder. A vendor at the bridge said that the car was there that day when she arrived at 6:15 a.m.

http://www.taosnews.com/news/article_f10d4aae-1470-11e6-a852-d3cf8868dff7.html

5. JaimeSommers

JaimeSommers New Member

Anyone know if there are security cameras in the lot or on the bridge?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

6. ElemenohP

ElemenohP New Member

The headline of this article now says Update: Search suspended for missing Taos woman. There has been no sign of her in the two-day search, per the article.

7. dillysmom11

dillysmom11 New Member

She is so loved! I hope she's found soon.

8. ElemenohP

ElemenohP New Member

9. ElemenohP

ElemenohP New Member

10. kai

kai Active Member

Where are you Holly?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

11. ElemenohP

ElemenohP New Member

Bumping for Holly.

http://www.taosnews.com/news/article_f8b30ac4-1ebf-11e6-858d-77ff8be6dfb9.html

12. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Active Member

:(

New search for Holly White comes up empty-handed

13. Snoopster

Snoopster Active Member

Hmmm.....yes, everyone reacts differently but I'm not feeling a lot of emotion there from hubby. Of course it's difficult to get a sense when it's a newspaper article and only selected quotes and only part of what is talked about makes it into the article.

Curious though that the focus is on "she wouldn't leave me. she wouldn't do something bad like that." and "I don't believe it but LE should check to see if she was having an affair". (paraphrasing here). These seem like backhanded, 'disguised' criticisms to make him look like a victim. Of course he is a victim, but I also don't hear him saying he misses her and just wants her home safe and sound.

I guess we all act differently.

14. Tukla

Tukla New Member

[​IMG]Just to give some perspective for those of us unfamiliar with the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge. The police are intimating that she may have jumped off the bridge as a most likely scenario.

Attached Files:

15. Tukla

Tukla New Member

On May 12, police did a search of the area and found some debris including a women's black mesh Sketcher shoe with a Velcro strap in Holly's size.

16. bluesneakers

Beautiful and harsh.

17. bluesneakers

Police: Holly White didn’t jump or ‘walk away’ from life

18. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Active Member

From Snoopster's post #12:

"White said he is not satisfied with the state police investigation."

“They are just so slow. They are just moving at a snail’s pace,” he said. White said he had to think of things they didn’t — like the possibility of her having an affair — which he doesn’t think would be true, but that it’s a possibility to be considered."

"For example, he said state police didn’t immediately take her bed sheets to test for the DNA of someone other than the two of them."

“A neighbor came and said how sorry he was, but told me there was a black Toyota Solara with Colorado plates [at the residence] Thursday morning (May 5),” said White. “He noticed it at 7 a.m. Thursday morning.”

From all I've read it doesn't seem that Holly was suicidal but IDK. The Solara parked in her driveway at 7 am the morning she disappeared seems like possible foul play but there hasn't been any BOLO so maybe it was ruled out. Just seems like Holly had a lot going for her. Sure wish she would be located but dang, it's been 4 months now.

19. LisaWL7TR

LisaWL7TR New Member

20. Treelights

Treelights New Member

21. azure

azure Active Member

This interview gave me the impression the husband is really trying to suggest theories that don't involve him. Seems like he's overdoing it, IMO. Maybe the reporter is extra thorough, maybe I'm reading too much into it... But too much him, him, him and not enough Holly. Plus him being at work the next day, "no big deal"? I wonder whether the move was originally planned for only one of the spouses... JMO, just speculating.