NM NM - Holly Alcott White, 49, Taos, 5 May 2016

Regarding the car that was apparently seen at Holly's house on the morning she went missing, Do they know if Holly had any connection to Colorado?
Could this in some way be connected to selling the house?
rbbm. imo, speculation.
May 20 2016
Holly White’s husband speaks out: ‘I was a suspect right off the bat. I expected that.’

Jeff and Holly White
''Before the raft search took place, river rafters had found a shoe floating among debris in the river, and state police said it was Holly White’s size. It was a black mesh Sketcher shoe with a Velcro strap, not a river rafting shoe, but a woman’s comfort shoe.
Cynthia Arvidson, the friend who originally reported White as missing, said it could have been hers. Jeff White said that Arvidson showed him another pair of Holly’s shoes that were like the one found in the river, but in a different color. He thinks someone parked the car at the gorge as a decoy and threw the shoe over the bridge to sidetrack police.''

Some say, with the couple’s house on the market, it is possible the keys were more accessible to others than usual.

“A neighbor came and said how sorry he was, but told me there was a black Toyota Solara with Colorado plates [at the residence] Thursday morning (May 5),” said White. “He noticed it at 7 a.m. Thursday morning.”

''White added that he learned there were two men who exited from the gorge on May 6, and as of May 17, he said state police hadn’t yet interviewed them.''

We had a closing date of May 20, but I can’t sell it without her signature.''

Taos is about an hour drive from the Colorado line.

Would be nice to know more about the black Solara:

upload_2020-6-26_18-9-37.jpeg

image from cars.com

Bumping for Holly.
It sounds like planned abduction / staging, IMO.

I'd like to know:
- How much did her husband search for her? Did he show concern for her well-being?
- Was her vehicle processed, and did they recover any fingerprints, hair, etc? Was it wiped clean?
- What do her relatives think happened?
- What does her friend she walked with every weekday think happened?

There are quite a few photos of her on her CP page:
Holly Alcott White – The Charley Project

The article posted above says she had some secrets, including debt.
If true, maybe that changes the likelihood of what happened.

Disappearance of New Mexico woman still a mystery five years after her car was found at the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge

I still also think she could have been victimized, probably by someone she knew, and the scene could have been staged, though.

But I wonder - why stage it? Why risk leaving behind prints and DNA in the car?

I hope this speculation isn't hurtful.
I hope the truth will come to light soon for her family.

The article posted above says she had some secrets, including debt.
If true, maybe that changes the likelihood of what happened.

Disappearance of New Mexico woman still a mystery five years after her car was found at the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge

I still also think she could have been victimized, probably by someone she knew, and the scene could have been staged, though.

But I wonder - why stage it? Why risk leaving behind prints and DNA in the car?

I hope this speculation isn't hurtful.
I hope the truth will come to light soon for her family.
I appreciate you saying you hope the speculation isn't hurtful. I think so often we (and I include myself in this) speculate and don't think about how it's affecting loved ones. I see people casually throw out theories about who did it without any real evidence.
Unfortunately, until she's found I don't think we'll ever know. If she was a suicide, the body's never been found even with an extensive search and if she's been murdered this case has had a lot of eyes on it and very little has turned up.

DEC 5, 2022

Holly Alcott White

holly_alcott_white.jpg

In the spring of 2016, Holly Alcott White was preparing to relocate from Taos, New Mexico to Albuquerque to join her husband, who had just started a new job there. But Holly never got the chance to start the new chapter of her life. On May 5, 2016, just three months shy of her 50th birthday, Holly disappeared. Holly’s husband, Jeff, told Dateline in May of 2021, that he spoke to his wife on the phone that night and nothing seemed amiss. The following morning, she was supposed to meet a friend for their daily walk, but never showed up. Holly’s purse and cell phone were found inside the home and later that day, her blue Ford Escape was found parked at the Río Grande Gorge Bridge. New Mexico State Police launched a search and with the help of a dive team and river raft guides, authorities searched 12 miles of the Río Grande Gorge. There was no sign of Holly’s body, but a single black Sketchers shoe was found floating in the river. The Río Grande Gorge Bridge has one of the highest bridge suicide rates per capita in the country, according to previous news coverage. But Holly’s family, friends, and her husband have maintained through the years she would not have taken her own life, and she certainly wouldn’t have done so without leaving a note. Jeff told Dateline he was questioned in his wife’s disappearance and even took a polygraph test, which he said he passed. A $20,000 reward is being offered by Holly's father, Ray Alcott, for information that leads to Holly’s whereabouts. Holly is described as being 5’11”, about 275 lbs., with green eyes and blonde hair. Anyone with information about Holly’s case is asked to call the New Mexico State Police at 505-454-5010 or call the tip line at 575-613-3415.

Holly White

Private investigator Elaine Graves says the trail has not gone completely cold on Holly White, whose disappearance from Taos seven years ago continues to trouble the town.

Graves hopes to interview several people White had been communicating with prior to her disappearance.

Graves moderates the “Find Holly White” Facebook page, where she has posted an offer for $20,000 for information that leads to White’s whereabouts or safe return.

“To this day, seven years later, I’m still getting leads on there,” she said. “There are always hopeful leads, where a hunter or a rafter will find something suspicious, like maybe bones, so we’ll have the bones tested to see if they’re animal or human. We have actually found both, but unfortunately, none have led to Holly.

“We’ve found clothes in different areas we’ve checked on — not Holly,” she added. “We’ve had lots of sightings that we’ve looked into, local and also in other states, and they’ve all ended up not being Holly.”

“It’s great having eyes and ears out there because I can’t be everywhere, the police can’t be everywhere, and it’s wonderful to have people keeping their eyes out,” Graves said.

“My job is to just work every single lead,” she said. “… I’ve gotten paid by the family to check under every rock, nook and cranny, and I feel like that’s what I’ve done and continue to do. We haven’t failed her.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back